Of course. Otherwise they would leave old versions available for old Android versions. But they are so out of date, that they no longer want to support it and/or it doesn't meet Play Store's enhanced security requirements.
    We remove our old apps for the reasons Conite mentioned above. We had a problem with sites providing our older apps. We have our legal team send cease and desist orders to these sites. The only sites that are allowed to distribute our apps which are our IP are owned by Apple and Google. Our apps support our enterprise software and are updated frequently. The apps have a very short support lifecyle after a new version is released.
    conite and Mecca EL like this.
    11-12-19 10:23 PM

Yet again, the evidence is against you.
    We remove our old apps for the reasons Conite mentioned above. We had a problem with sites providing our older apps. We have our legal team send cease and desist orders to these sites. The only sites that are allowed to distribute our apps which are our IP are owned by Apple and Google. Our apps support our enterprise software and are updated frequently. The apps have a very short support lifecyle after a new version is released.
    ^^^^^
    11-12-19 10:39 PM
    ^^^^^
    Your statement was a blanket one covering all developers. I suppose if eshropshire wants to limit their apps to Apple and Google stores, that is their perogative. Trying to argue that those stores are secure is an area where the evidence would be against both of you, but as an app developer eshropshire can make that call.

(As a side note I'm not sure given the nature of the Android platform one can successfully prevent distribution through means other than Google Play legally, but that's beside the overall point.)
    11-13-19 11:17 PM
    Your statement was a blanket one covering all developers. I suppose if eshropshire wants to limit their apps to Apple and Google stores, that is their perogative. Trying to argue that those stores are secure is an area where the evidence would be against both of you, but as an app developer eshropshire can make that call.

(As a side note I'm not sure given the nature of the Android platform one can successfully prevent distribution through means other than Google Play legally, but that's beside the overall point.)
    Perhaps you’re aware but, I don’t believe eshropshire operates in a development vacuum. The entities that eshropshire has been part of, if memory serves, are large corporations. Reputation accountability factors into the multiple decisions that create IT policy in these large corporations.
    11-14-19 08:37 AM
    Perhaps you’re aware but, I don’t believe eshropshire operates in a development vacuum. The entities that eshropshire has been part of, if memory serves, are large corporations. Reputation accountability factors into the multiple decisions that create IT policy in these large corporations.
    Correct, I manage a business unit in a large enterprise software company. Our apps our are IP and non authorized 3rd parties can not redistribute our apps. BTW we are also an BlackBerry Limited development partner. Now we support BlackBerry Limited's software. At one time we developed for BB10, but that support ended several years ago. By the middle of 2016 we only had one medium size customer in Europe still using BB10 and they were starting their migration plan.
    11-14-19 02:01 PM

If your app is secure, would you want to put it in a NSA or Homeland Security's own shops?
    I doubt it.
    truth4u likes this.
    12-14-19 05:36 AM
    If your app is secure, would you want to put it in a NSA or Homeland Security's own shops?
    I doubt it.
    Which is why one reason why I argue against the security of the App Store and Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    truth4u likes this.
    12-22-19 04:11 PM
32 12