Hello everyone, I recently bought a Blackberry Classic after my Galaxy s5 broke and went with the Blackberry Classic for various reasons. Now I'm liking the phone so far and getting used to it. Right now I am experience a charging problem. I have the latest OS installed and everything is up to date. Now my issue is when I charge the phone from either the wall or from when its plugged into my PC, the phone only charges to 60% and stops charging. Now when the phone is fully powered off it charges pass 60%. Anyone have any ideas to fix this issue? Is it a software or hardware issue? I tried redoing the phone by factory reset and still the same issue occurred.
    06-13-16 08:53 AM
    Where did you get it? BB web site? Amazon?
    06-13-16 10:16 AM
    Try letting the battery completely discharge to 0, THEN charge it with the power cord plugged in to electric.
    06-13-16 11:42 AM
    Try letting the battery completely discharge to 0, THEN charge it with the power cord plugged in to electric.
    What he said. And if that doesn't work, run the battery down to the point that it switches itself off (looping video at high brightness is good for this), then try turning it back on, repeat until it won't turn back on. Then, right away because it's not good to leave it with the battery discharged for long, plug into a decent (1 amp or better), branded mains charger, and leave it overnight.

If this doesn't work, you should think about returning it. If that's not an option, proceed to a restore via autoloader or BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    06-13-16 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I bought this phone off eBay. I fully drained the battery and currently charging it. If the problem still occurs I will talk to the seller for an exchange.
    06-13-16 07:17 PM
    Try doing a security wipe first. Then do an app loader if the security wipe doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 07:54 PM
    Try doing a security wipe first. Then do an app loader if the security wipe doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    I tried both of these and the problem still occurs. The draining the battery and recharging didn't work either. Also when the battery died and I recharged it, it deleted everything on the phone, even the apps I downloaded. I'm going to try to get a new one from where I bought it.
    06-13-16 09:42 PM
    I tried both of these and the problem still occurs. The draining the battery and recharging didn't work either. Also when the battery died and I recharged it, it deleted everything on the phone, even the apps I downloaded. I'm going to try to get a new one from where I bought it.

Perhaps that is best.
    06-14-16 09:16 AM
    Did you resolve this? I bought one off eBay last week and have exact same problem.
    07-03-16 11:48 PM
    I had 2 Classic's I got off of Ebay, they both did the same thing, I gave up after the 2th one and got a Passport SE, much better phone, a lot faster, and no charging problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 10:34 AM
    Who was the seller on ebay so we all can avoid buying phones from them?
    07-04-16 01:44 PM
    We're all these Classics with apparently defective batteries used? Or bought from the same eBay seller? If the former, then the former user probably went through too many charging cycles such that the internal battery is already dying, in a sense, and can no longer be fully charged.
    07-06-16 06:07 PM
    Did you buy this Classic from Ebay? Also, was the seller mlg_venture? I believe there are more people within CrackBerry Forums that have had the same problem.
    07-30-16 03:02 PM