I have been using blackberry phones since 2005. My only reason is work related tasks. I bought each model as and when they came out 8700, 8800, 9000, 9900. Then the fun stopped, BB stopped the party at the 9900 about 3 years ago. I tried, I mean I really tried, to like the non track pad touch screen only models. However, after a week of use I'd still be searching for the tool belt and trackpad, ultimately sending back the Q10. For me, I thought it was over, so I even stocked up and bought 3 x 9900 on ebay to have parts and spare phones when needed. It felt like an eternity using the 9900 for the best part of 3 years but it did the job albeit (3g) slowly. As soon as I saw the classic I had to have it. Ordered it straight from blackberry/digitalriver and here it is, finally the holy grail of work phones. 4g, slick interface, tough elegant design. I'm 2 months in, no problems and, oddly enough, I feel that blackberry finally got back on track. I just hope they now continue the cycle and keep upgrading the classic each year. Why? Well I like BB, the company indirectly helps me make money by doing my job quicker. Like anyone else, I want to reward blackberry for this by buying their phones and helping the company grow and make money. Afterall, If they go out if business I will have lost a valuable work friend, like a digital employee of sorts. So blackberry, hope you're reading this, keep up the good work and give me a reason to hand you 600$ again next year and you'll get it, I promise. Year after also, and each subsequent year later. In the meantime, the classic is just fantastic.
    02-27-15 01:51 AM
    I think I typed fastest on Surepress. Storm 2 rocks. Too bad it died and swiping on the BB10 keyboard make typing somewhat obsolete. The touchscreen typing with feedback was great. Not that crappy fake feedback that androids gave at the time.
    emkay47 likes this.
    02-27-15 02:03 AM
    Best BlackBerry I've ever used. Bar none.

God bless Chen for creating this. Toolbelt, keyboard and build quality are unparalleled. I'm excited for further OS enhancements and optimization for the toolbelt in the future

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 03:12 AM
    I think I typed fastest on Surepress. Storm 2 rocks. Too bad it died and swiping on the BB10 keyboard make typing somewhat obsolete. The touchscreen typing with feedback was great. Not that crappy fake feedback that androids gave at the time.
    I like this guy

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:59 PM
    Came from a Curve, it's like going from a Lada to a Rolls, no comparison whatsoever. The OS differences have taken a while to get used to but they can be overcome, the hardware difference is outstanding. Absolutely no regrets.

Posted from my Classic
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-01-15 02:07 PM
    I have been using blackberry phones since 2005. My only reason is work related tasks. I bought each model as and when they came out 8700, 8800, 9000, 9900. Then the fun stopped, BB stopped the party at the 9900 about 3 years ago. I tried, I mean I really tried, to like the non track pad touch screen only models. However, after a week of use I'd still be searching for the tool belt and trackpad, ultimately sending back the Q10. For me, I thought it was over, so I even stocked up and bought 3 x 9900 on ebay to have parts and spare phones when needed. It felt like an eternity using the 9900 for the best part of 3 years but it did the job albeit (3g) slowly. As soon as I saw the classic I had to have it. Ordered it straight from blackberry/digitalriver and here it is, finally the holy grail of work phones. 4g, slick interface, tough elegant design. I'm 2 months in, no problems and, oddly enough, I feel that blackberry finally got back on track. I just hope they now continue the cycle and keep upgrading the classic each year. Why? Well I like BB, the company indirectly helps me make money by doing my job quicker. Like anyone else, I want to reward blackberry for this by buying their phones and helping the company grow and make money. Afterall, If they go out if business I will have lost a valuable work friend, like a digital employee of sorts. So blackberry, hope you're reading this, keep up the good work and give me a reason to hand you 600$ again next year and you'll get it, I promise. Year after also, and each subsequent year later. In the meantime, the classic is just fantastic.
    I agree with you 1000% very well put!

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    03-17-15 12:19 AM
    Is anyone still using their blackberry classic?

Posted via CB10
    Eugen Unson and ftdm like this.
    04-11-18 07:49 PM
    yeah still using classic up to now..why?
    04-12-18 12:01 AM
    Funny looking back at these old posts. Here is what the classic still has that no other phone out there has: it's small and elegant. Love the hub, and the feel. Love having buttons to make and end calls.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-18 05:46 PM
    I was just wondering. I'm using my classic now. I was using my passport until recently it refuses to connect to the mobile network. It only works on WiFi. Very disappointing.

pin:2BF2EA40...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic iPhone 6s+
    04-14-18 05:19 PM
    I was just wondering. I'm using my classic now. I was using my passport until recently it refuses to connect to the mobile network. It only works on WiFi. Very disappointing.

pin:2BF2EA40...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic iPhone 6s+
    See my comment to your other post.
    04-15-18 05:30 AM
    Still using my Classic as my daily driver. Best phone out there in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 07:50 AM
    I have a KEYone, for any surfing I may want to do, as well as an android tablet. I am torn between getting a Classic, or Z30 (another fine BlackBerry that hardly saw the light of day.) I know I love the physical keyboard, and, setting a Q10 for my son made me really miss the smaller form factor for the regular emails, texts, and phone calls.
    04-15-18 07:02 PM
    I am still using classic as my secondary phone. Work fine without any issue. Already 4 yeras. Battery is still good, meet my daily need however mainly on e mail and sms. Voice call good. WhatsApp is also working fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 08:34 PM
    I am still using classic as my secondary phone. Work fine without any issue. Already 4 yeras. Battery is still good, meet my daily need however mainly on e mail and sms. Voice call good. WhatsApp is also working fine.

Posted via CB10
    Your Classic and it's 4 year old battery and android WhatsApp is getting good battery life??
    04-16-18 05:22 AM
    I have a KEYone, for any surfing I may want to do, as well as an android tablet. I am torn between getting a Classic, or Z30 (another fine BlackBerry that hardly saw the light of day.) I know I love the physical keyboard, and, setting a Q10 for my son made me really miss the smaller form factor for the regular emails, texts, and phone calls.
    My classic is "in the mail" as we speak! YAY
    04-17-18 09:47 PM
    As I write this from the best physical keyboard to ever grace a smartphone I am giving SERIOUS consideration to coming back to my Classic for day to day use. Last February I bought a S7 Edge for $360 outright on a great T-Mobile offering. (a first non BlackBerry phone for me and my wife since our 2009 9000 BlackBerry Curves- and primarily due to our disappointment in BlackBerry leaving us DTEK50 users without and OS upgrade- our son still uses the security updated DTEK-and in fairness it operates well) A month ago I traded our S7 Edge's in on the S9 (form factor for us is vastly improved for an all touch) As far as an all touch device goes I believe the S9 is presently the zenith. My subscription to BlackBerry HUB services, Dual, stereo speakers, excellent call quality, phenomenal OLED screen, 845 and exceptional battery life, 64GB, top of the class camera, an improving Android OS, excellent form factor in the S9 standard configuration, etc. (for $360 after my trade in) And yet despite all of this I experience in using my S9 there is NOTHING like this keyboard, shortcuts, and one handed form factor of my Classic. BlackBerry 10 OS on this older SOC with everything except the browser page loads seems as smooth and or as fast as OREO. If, and I know it's not likely to happen, BlackBerry would continue to to update the browser for BlackBerry 10 this secure device would immediately be sought after by those that prefer all that this device excels at doing. Some may scoff but to me this LCD screen, to this day, is still the best in outdoor settings. And calls, email, txt, BBM that I need in running our business well they remain as good or better than the best flagships today.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    04-21-18 11:29 AM
    As I write this from the best physical keyboard to ever grace a smartphone I am giving SERIOUS consideration to coming back to my Classic for day to day use. Last February I bought a S7 Edge for $360 outright on a great T-Mobile offering. (a first non BlackBerry phone for me and my wife since our 2009 9000 BlackBerry Curves- and primarily due to our disappointment in BlackBerry leaving us DTEK50 users without and OS upgrade- our son still uses the security updated DTEK-and in fairness it operates well) A month ago I traded our S7 Edge's in on the S9 (form factor for us is vastly improved for an all touch) As far as an all touch device goes I believe the S9 is presently the zenith. My subscription to BlackBerry HUB services, Dual, stereo speakers, excellent call quality, phenomenal OLED screen, 845 and exceptional battery life, 64GB, top of the class camera, an improving Android OS, excellent form factor in the S9 standard configuration, etc. (for $360 after my trade in) And yet despite all of this I experience in using my S9 there is NOTHING like this keyboard, shortcuts, and one handed form factor of my Classic. BlackBerry 10 OS on this older SOC with everything except the browser page loads seems as smooth and or as fast as OREO. If, and I know it's not likely to happen, BlackBerry would continue to to update the browser for BlackBerry 10 this secure device would immediately be sought after by those that prefer all that this device excels at doing. Some may scoff but to me this LCD screen, to this day, is still the best in outdoor settings. And calls, email, txt, BBM that I need in running our business well they remain as good or better than the best flagships today.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    Unfortunately there's no remaining hardware to make any new devices from what I've read. No possible way to financially incentivize BB to update browser tied into hardware sales.
    04-21-18 12:31 PM

This is a known issue on the Passport. The antenna goes dead.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-18 03:03 AM
    I believe the last or latest OS update remedies the issue with the Passport.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-18 04:01 PM
    I believe the last or latest OS update remedies the issue with the Passport.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    You mean the last update is the Lazarus update??

It brings the Passports from death??
    04-25-18 08:25 PM
71 123