Surepress?!? Good grief lol
    andy957 likes this.
    01-31-15 08:08 PM
    I hesitated making another purchase on a BB10 device, having owned the Z10 and Q10 prior. But after reading reviews on Amazon, bit the bullet. It was a birthday gift for myself. And I am so happy with the phone. Brings back the love I had with my 9900 with the awesomeness of 0S10. Even my family agree that this is the best so far. I am sure the Passport is great, but if u want a more compact phone this one takes the cake.

Posted via Classic
    02-01-15 12:27 AM
    Have the classic and the passport.

Reverted back after two days to the passport because of typing experience, speed and screen.
    The os feels not very optimized for the classic. Satus bar and notifications are much too big. Wasted screen space.
    Swiping up the words on the passport keyboard is so much faster than having to tab the screen.

To each his own but for me the passport is the best BlackBerry to date.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:51 AM
    Yeah the Classic is a great device which I'm now using in the 5th week after passing on my old Z10 to granny no.1 and got a 2nd Classic just last week which is for the wife, replacing her Q5, which is part of the deal to give it to her mom, the daughters mobile is still a Q10 which was a replacement for her Curve devise and she still missing that one, so my fear is that I soon have to order a 3rd Classic as well if this 2nd Classic is found more frequently in my daughter's hands than being used by my wife. So it looks like that all family members are going to love the Classic as there mobile of choice, well the grannies need to get use to the smartphone area 1st and are happy too. Specially being able to use BBM and BBM video calls withe their grandchildren is the biggest part for them and having the feeling not to be left behind with technology at all.

Yes the move to get this Classic devices was the right way to go.
    Not going back but rather going steps further.

Posted via BB-Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.1.2072
    danysl and Mr4aces like this.
    02-01-15 05:08 AM
    Agreed mate!! Absolutely valid points to own this beauty!!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 05:55 AM
    Has anybody experienced connectivity issues? Heard from someone moving from a Torch to the Classic, that works in a nuclear plant, that they had to go back because he couldn't get a signal with the new phone? Is there a difference in antennas?

Posted with a smile...and a Q10
    02-01-15 06:20 AM
    Surepress?!? Good grief lol

Best BB ever!! Next to the Surepress on the Storm 2!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    Surepress was good for its time, especially on the Storm 2. I too was a big fan/supporter of surepress. When used with not the full qwerty keyboard but the other mode that grouped two letters to a key and coupled with the power of Blackberrys prediction of what you wanted to type, I was killer on that thing. It really was a beauty and there are very few that know what I am talking about.

Lol I secretly wished they had improved upon that technology and altho they didn't I'm ok with that and was able to move on. It obviously wasn't for everybody but with that said the Storm 2 was one of a kind.

Posted via CB10
    mountainman likes this.
    02-01-15 03:00 PM
    Has anybody experienced connectivity issues? Heard from someone moving from a Torch to the Classic, that works in a nuclear plant, that they had to go back because he couldn't get a signal with the new phone? Is there a difference in antennas?

No issues with me, it may actually be a bit better.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    02-01-15 07:08 PM
    When I got my Passport, I was first considering the Classic. I held it and it felt so awesome that I was seriously contemplating it. They didn't have the Passport at this location, but they found one a few blocks away at their other store, so I went and got the Passport. I'm probably going to do whatever I can to also acquire a Classicl. Passport rocks pretty hard though, so fun to use and admire the design.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 12:21 AM
    Surepress was good for its time, especially on the Storm 2. I too was a big fan/supporter of surepress. When used with not the full qwerty keyboard but the other mode that grouped two letters to a key and coupled with the power of Blackberrys prediction of what you wanted to type, I was killer on that thing. It really was a beauty and there are very few that know what I am talking about.

Lol I secretly wished they had improved upon that technology and altho they didn't I'm ok with that and was able to move on. It obviously wasn't for everybody but with that said the Storm 2 was one of a kind.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure BlackBerry 10 touch keyboard is way better than sure press.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 01:15 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry 10 touch keyboard is way better than sure press.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously. It's ok to like or have an appreciation for something different that wasn't as popular.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 01:03 PM
    Obviously. It's ok to like or have an appreciation for something different that wasn't as popular.

Posted via CB10
    No it isn't, what planet are you from? One where individual opinions matter?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-02-15 03:07 PM
    No it isn't, what planet are you from? One where individual opinions matter?

Yes...it is. Jmo simply stated his opinion that the classic was his best BlackBerry ever next to surepress on the storm 2. While I have my own opinions in regards to what my best BlackBerry ever was I commented showing my appreciation for surepress technology and Panda expressed his thoughts on surepress. I don't see what's wrong with that. As informative as Dave is he was stating the obvious. What is wrong with someone liking something that everyone may not agree with?

That is the problem with these forums sometimes... people come in here with the impression that their opinion a) is important, b) is needed, c) matters, and/or d) is correct/superior. We're all on the same side here, I would like to think so.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 04:52 PM
    Yes...it is. Jmo simply stated his opinion that the classic was his best BlackBerry ever next to surepress on the storm 2. While I have my own opinions in regards to what my best BlackBerry ever was I commented showing my appreciation for surepress technology and Panda expressed his thoughts on surepress. I don't see what's wrong with that. As informative as Dave is he was stating the obvious. What is wrong with someone liking something that everyone may not agree with?

That is the problem with these forums sometimes... people come in here with the impression that their opinion a) is important, b) is needed, c) matters, and/or d) is correct/superior. We're all on the same side here, I would like to think so.

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm is a bit beyond you huh? :-D

emkay47 likes this.
    02-02-15 05:59 PM
    Sarcasm is a bit beyond you huh? :-D

Lol at times...not gonna lie I sat there debating whether or not you were being sarcastic but I took the latter...its hard to read people sometimes, you can imagine how texting convos would go with my gf sometimes...lol my mistake

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 06:18 PM
    Lol at times...not gonna lie I sat there debating whether or not you were being sarcastic but I took the latter...its hard to read people sometimes, you can imagine how texting convos would go with my gf sometimes...lol my mistake

Posted via CB10
    Text isn't the best thing to deliver sarcasm, but I was hoping how over the top my comment was (claiming individual opinion does not matter) would convey that, haha. :-)

02-02-15 08:53 PM
    This is my second week with the classic, found my life mate in the classic. After its premium build quality it's smooth OS and fluid keyboard, those competitor phones are just plastic paper weights. In my opinion blackberry nailed it, $567.00cnd unlocked after taxes well worth the cash. What's your opinion I'd like to hear it. Lots more to detail but you must already know if you own one.
    I agree.. classic is it. I have no complaints. It performs like a phone should. If they made it a bit larger...it would be even better.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-02-15 09:12 PM
    Text isn't the best thing to deliver sarcasm, but I was hoping how over the top my comment was (claiming individual opinion does not matter) would convey that, haha. :-)

Haha noooo it isnt...and I've seen so much over the top comments (as I'm sure u have yourself) in these forums that it made it very difficult for me to decipher if you were for real or not but u got me...glad it was all fun n games tho lol

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    02-03-15 04:41 AM
    Thanks a lot for that good sir, greatly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it may look closer on paper but the difference is HUGE in both size and weight. I actually prefer the size and weight of the Classic even though it is MUCH heavier and bigger than my 9900. My 9900 looks like a baby next to my Classic.
    02-03-15 01:44 PM
    Actually, it may look closer on paper but the difference is HUGE in both size and weight. I actually prefer the size and weight of the Classic even though it is MUCH heavier and bigger than my 9900. My 9900 looks like a baby next to my Classic.
    Oh Smitty was just referring to how close I was on the weight of both devices when he was verifying the true weight...the classic is much heavier as u said, I too prefer the heftiness of it to the 9900 and 9000 before it haha

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 02:44 PM
    The hardest part of typing on a physical keyboard like on my classic, is having chapped thumbs. Left thumb on left side is a deep crack due to cold weather and cleaning snow off my truck, does anyone know if blackberry makes thumb guards for this purpose lol..
    02-04-15 04:00 AM
    Does anyone here wish that the passport came with a keyboard like the classic?

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    02-26-15 07:55 PM
    The hardest part of typing on a physical keyboard like on my classic, is having chapped thumbs. Left thumb on left side is a deep crack due to cold weather and cleaning snow off my truck, does anyone know if blackberry makes thumb guards for this purpose lol..
    I used to get these crazy calises on my 9900 from all the typing. about 15000 text messages and 2500 emails a month will do that.. hope I don't get them with the classic when I receive it tomorrow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-26-15 08:10 PM

I went from a 99 to the Classic I have 1 bar less than the 99. Lucky I have WiFi or I would be without service half the time.

If I go 2 blocks I have no reception for miles.

3-4 bars with 99, 1-3 with Classic

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 01:10 AM
    I came from android I use to have a blackberry and now I'm back home I love it and do not see myself going back to any os for a while

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 01:16 AM
71 123