There's a lot of new devices that I'm interested in purchasing but there's only 2 I have in mind. BlackBerry K1 or the LG G6. I also have a Android device and IOS device along with my BlackBerry Classic. Aside from not having the most popular apps on my classic I just enjoy using my classic. The build quality is superior and the keyboard is the best and BB10 is the best mobile OS IMO. Long story short I will keep my BlackBerry Classic till I die! What are you guys and gals thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:42 AM
    I always loved the form factor of the classic. Just felt so nice in the hands and the keyboard was the best.

My only real issue was the noticeable difference in speed while browsing and certain things compared to the passport or other devices.

Still a fantastic phone. Always loved it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:51 AM
    If you're happy with the Classic, why change. Enjoy it.
    03-11-17 10:51 AM
    Sold my Classic last week. Have to disagree on build quality. For me, the part under the space bar was peeling off (fixed with glue but looked awful after I did it). And some of the keys seemed a bit off. But that aside, it was a great device. I think the KEYOne is the android version of the Classic, but the price is crazy. For me, i'm back to my iPhone SE with a Moto G4 Plus as a backup.

Can't see me getting a Blackberry any time soon.
    03-11-17 10:53 AM
    If you're happy with the Classic, why change. Enjoy it.
    I Am rocking this phone till the zombie apocalypse and even then I will keep the classic
    03-11-17 11:18 AM
    I agree the K1 price is not my taste. Disagree with classic mines is built like a rock.
    03-11-17 11:21 AM
    Just hope that the LG G6 doesn't bootloop before you consider placing an order.
    03-11-17 11:35 AM
    On the subject of keeping it forever, has anyone tried installing a new battery? Would be interested to hear how difficult this is.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 01:52 PM
    I hear more people talk about bootloop then they do about Samsung device exploding and Apple selling the same design device for 4yrs straight. Loving the almost no bezel display on the LGG6.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 02:23 PM
    Seeing the Priv is available for around 400 new, I'm contemplating about keeping the Classic for phone calls and the HUB + Priv for everything else instead of moving to the K1 as an all-in-one.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbb10; 03-12-17 at 04:26 AM.
    03-11-17 02:26 PM
    Same here...so to speak. I'm gettin the KO when it comes out but I'm definitely keeping. Though I should say I keep all of my old phones, lol. But the Classic will be different because I may want to use it for old times sake hear and there so i'll put the activated SIM and away I go. The Classic will always by my love, for plenty reasons.

I just want something current and that of course has a PKB. The apps will be a plus tho I will probably only add a couple more that would like that I can't have on the Classic. WWE Network, Netflix, "Facebook", Lincoln Way, CW, Dish Anywhere

But I do understand ur passion for the Classic, I have it too ;-)

**Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    03-11-17 02:27 PM
    On the subject of keeping it forever, has anyone tried installing a new battery? Would be interested to hear how difficult this is.

Posted via CB10
    I'm here in the The Bronx NY there's a cell phone repair store that have dedicated blackberry repair techs but I seen a video on YouTube and that breakdown is just to insane for me to try myself. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 02:30 PM
    I seen a video on YouTube and that breakdown is just to insane for me to try myself. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I didn't try it. After my Classic battery deteriorated I sold the phone and went back to the Q10. Having a removable battery is now quite a big deal for me. Even though chance of getting that in a modern, high-spec phone is remote.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 03:48 PM
    I was going to keep the classic forever until the reception became half as good as it should be. Now I'm on q10 which I like just as much however I would have to say build quality was unimpressive for my classic where I have had to change the back cover due to camera covering getting dented and having to open up the phone to re attach the cable for the proximity sensor. I'm still trying to figure out the problem with the reception which has me stumped at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:55 PM
    I have about 7 Blackberrys.. my favorite of all is the Passport SE.. but I always notice I tend to switch my Sim back to the Classic. It's just a slick phone and I adore the tool belt with the track pad. I always wondered why RIM didn't make the classic keyboard capacitive touch but the toolbelt/trackpad make up for it. The Classic keyboard is superior to any other Berry I've touched. That's why I'm excited for the Key1 because the keyboard looks very similar to the Classic. I was almost going to sell my Classic last year and I'm glad I didn't.

I notice I use my classic and Z30 the most. Way more than the Priv and Passport SE and those phones spec wise are superior. Z30 is ahead of its time.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 01:54 AM
    What does "bootloop" mean, Thurask?
    03-13-17 06:47 AM
    Definitely the best bb10 device by far - if mobility is what you're after.

The passport was great but it was meant for very specific scenarios where the wide screen made sense.

But you can never compare the traditional four row qwerty to the pp or vkb.

Anyone who says they prefer a vkb or that they type faster with one - here's a challenge.

Use your phone to write a short story or take notes in a conference or even transcribing a recording - you can't. You can't do it using a passport either.

#whatisclassic
    03-13-17 06:55 AM
    Definitely the best bb10 device by far - if mobility is what you're after.

The passport was great but it was meant for very specific scenarios where the wide screen made sense.

But you can never compare the traditional four row qwerty to the pp or vkb.

Anyone who says they prefer a vkb or that they type faster with one - here's a challenge.

Use your phone to write a short story or take notes in a conference or even transcribing a recording - you can't. You can't do it using a passport either.

#whatisclassic
    Could not agree more. I actually just switched from a PP to a Classic for that very reason.

Posted via my one of a kind  Classic
    03-13-17 09:28 AM
    What does "bootloop" mean, Thurask?
    Device enters a continuous reboot loop and becomes useless. LG devices are/were especially prone to this for whatever reason.

The boot-loop: My smartphone restarts over and over, what do I do now?

Some LG phones are stuck in a bootloop: What's going on?
    03-13-17 11:28 AM
    Long story short I will keep my BlackBerry Classic till I die!
    How long do you plan on living?
    03-14-17 11:13 AM