Hi all

I'm hoping to get the final push to leaving iOS and going back to BB. Here is my dilemma:

I switched to iOS in 2012. Used a Q10 briefly before BB10 but didn't convert because of all the social media and games I played. I loved that phone though. The new iOS is utterly awful and my phone runs like crap. I hate the direction apple is going as I was a fan boy back in the day.

Now at a point in my career and with the emails I type daily this VKB and I just can't agree. I have a 6 now. I don't use social media but there are a few apps I use often that if I can get on BB10 I'm jumping immediately. I miss the PKB. I had a curve, pearl, and bold before iPhones. I would consider a PP but I need a pocket friendly mobile and I'm on Verizon.

I need access to:
    Yelp
    Pandora
    Overdrive
    Amazon
    Dish Network
    Zillow
    Words with friends and chess with friends
    Kayak
    Dominos (lol)

I don't care if it runs slow or takes a little longer to load and I don't even need them all. But if I can get the majority of these I won't need two devices. My wife is going to kill me if I spend one more minute reading and trying to find these answers myself so hoping y'all can help. I've read all about google play store and Amazon marketplace so just wanted to see if these are available and what the user experience is.

Thanks in advance
    10-25-16 04:41 PM
    Ever considered a Priv instead?
    10-25-16 04:57 PM
    Ever considered a Priv instead?
    I have but I think my iPhone 6 is too big as it is. Also not a huge fan of the slide out. However if the mercury ever gets released, I would consider it.
    10-25-16 05:12 PM
    I am a long time Pandora fan, finally letting it go now bc of my other music options that I use more. I signed up for Pandora One around six years ago before having a cellphone. Pandora has openly stopped supporting BlackBerry but has an android app. I don't like android apps and would sign in to Pandora One directly from my Zeus browser, and last time I used it a couple months ago it still worked.

Do you know about Apollo. BB's better-than-android Pandora player? If you got a phone with Apollo already on it, that still worked for me still last time I used it on my Z30; although it doesn't look like you can reinstall it now once it's gone.

As for both Amazon and Ebay, I prefer browser access instead of apps, and I shop a lot with no problems using 'desktop mode.'
    10-26-16 09:28 AM
    I am a long time Pandora fan, finally letting it go now bc of my other music options that I use more. I signed up for Pandora One around six years ago before having a cellphone. Pandora has openly stopped supporting BlackBerry but has an android app. I don't like android apps and would sign in to Pandora One directly from my Zeus browser, and last time I used it a couple months ago it still worked.

Do you know about Apollo. BB's better-than-android Pandora player? If you got a phone with Apollo already on it, that still worked for me still last time I used it on my Z30; although it doesn't look like you can reinstall it now once it's gone.

As for both Amazon and Ebay, I prefer browser access instead of apps, and I shop a lot with no problems using 'desktop mode.'
    I want to thank you for giving your suggestions. Seems like unless you post about whatsapp, 10.3.3, or a glitch on the phone, the response to questions are low.

I have not heard of apollo but I will do some searching on that. I'm like you and have been a pandora customer since it's beginning. Although I don't use it often these days, it's still nice to have.

I try to use my browser for everything except for Amazon. Apps tend to make me addicted so by making it a couple steps harder to access helps curtail my phone use. Now that I mention it, maybe I should delete the Amazon app...
    10-26-16 09:42 AM
    I chose to disable the now pre-installed Amazon Appstore without ever using it, which is not the same thing as the Amazon app. I believe all non-BB apps to be data-consumers and information-suckers, although I have used a few android online music players.

If you're into non-subscription listening, Star Player has a station menu, and lets you hit the Record button while you're listening so you can save it again to hear offline. I also like Radio Player Plus, but Soma is better in some ways, while having fewer genres, you can subscribe to ad-free listening. Slacker is still my favorite but only because I can still use the full-featured version on my BB7 Bold, and listen with my favorites settings on the stripped-down BlackBerry 10 version... and there's an android app for that but I don't like it.

There are so many ways to find /stream /save music now it's hard to even list all the good ones in one post ; )
    10-26-16 10:13 AM
    Any chance you use sonos for home audio? Curious if that can work from bb10. I haven't done a search for that yet.
    10-26-16 10:24 AM
    My Classic has both an Amazon app store app, and an Amazon app (for, you know, the rest of Amazon), so that's already covered right out of the box.

With later versions of BB10, you can simply drop a .apk file onto the Classic, open it, and attempt to install the app. I've installed a few apps this way, including Google Maps. The trick is getting the apk file, and there is a chance the app will not work even if it does install. Hit up these forums to find out more about this:
    Android Apps (Amazon Store & APK Files) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    BB10 Android App Sideloading - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Also if you ask the same question there you may get confirmation on whether the apps you want work on BB10.
    10-26-16 11:15 AM