Does anyone know how to transfer contacts from android phone to blackberry? I have over 2500+ and need to transfer them to my classic. First thing I tried using was device switch, however it uploads up-to 600 out of 2500 and starts transferring data to blackberry, and then I get a error after a few minutes. Tried this multiple times, and failed each and every time.

Then I tried to import/export contacts via SD card. However, the limitation is only 500 contacts, so it doesn't transfer all the contacts.

Anyone have any other ideas I can use?

I also googled for an answer, but came up empty handed. I found a few programs that will let you do it during trial versions, but the contacts disappear if you don't buy their annual prescription for the program.
    08-06-15 08:56 AM
    You didn't say whether the 500 contact limit was with exporting or importing.

You didn't say what type of account your contacts are associated with. GMail? Outlook?

Also, exactly which brand and model of Android phone do you have?
    08-06-15 10:01 AM
    Sync your android contacts to the outlook on your computer, hope that's possible. Then using BlackBerry Link sync these contacts from outlook to your Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:33 AM
    Why not sync your Google Contacts with your BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and dirtnapper75 like this.
    08-06-15 10:39 AM
    Use the intouch contacts app. It is available on all three platforms and will sync your contacts to it's cloud. Then you can get the app on your BlackBerry and download your contacts from the cloud. I recently used it to go from BlackBerry to Android and it worked perfectly. Hope that helps.
    08-06-15 10:45 AM
    Why not sync your Google Contacts with your BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    This^

Upload all contacts to Google!

Posted via CB10
    dirtnapper75 likes this.
    08-06-15 10:48 AM
    I vote sync your contacts with Google Mail and just setup your Google Mail account on your blackberry.
    08-06-15 10:48 AM
    Was exporting to SD Card, since that's the only export option android gave me.

Have a Galaxy S4, rooted with lollipop.

My contacts are associated with Gmail for majority of them, however, they are also tied with sim card and possibly internal memory of the phone. Pretty much it's all over the place, no unified location.
    08-06-15 10:53 AM
    Outlook not possible since I don't use it at all at the moment.
    08-06-15 10:54 AM
    I vote sync your contacts with Google Mail and just setup your Google Mail account on your blackberry.
    Can't, contacts are not in a unified place. Some are tied to Gmail accounts, others to sim card and sd card, and lastly others to internal memory of the phone. And you can't tell which is which to separate them.
    08-06-15 10:55 AM
    Use the intouch contacts app. It is available on all three platforms and will sync your contacts to it's cloud. Then you can get the app on your BlackBerry and download your contacts from the cloud. I recently used it to go from BlackBerry to Android and it worked perfectly. Hope that helps.
    Intouch App requires to use that app as a contact manger on the phone after installation. So if you uninstall it, the contacts disappear as well. Was this the case for you as well?
    08-06-15 10:56 AM
    Intouch App requires to use that app as a contact manger on the phone after installation. So if you uninstall it, the contacts disappear as well. Was this the case for you as well?
    I don't have Intouch as the contacts manager on my BlackBerry, but I didn't uninstall it either so I can't say for sure. I do recall setting it as the contacts manager and then switching back to BlackBerry as the contact manager with no loss of contacts. I don't use it as the contact manager on my Android device but same scenario; I didn't uninstall the app there either. Based on what I've described here I've had no issues.
    contender1543 likes this.
    08-06-15 11:13 AM
    Can't, contacts are not in a unified place. Some are tied to Gmail accounts, others to sim card and sd card, and lastly others to internal memory of the phone. And you can't tell which is which to separate them.
    You actually can tell which are which on your BlackBerry device.

From what you described, I would highly recommend getting all your contacts into Google as a first priority. If your phone were lost, damaged or stolen, sounds like you would lose contacts. Once they're all in Google, you will always have a backup

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:17 AM
    If you google Blackberry Device Switch, Blackberry has a way to do it they have a device switch site and app.
    gng11 likes this.
    08-06-15 11:23 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can select your contact list origin on lollipop. You could on my mothers LG stylo at least.. Display all sim contacts and export to Google.
    08-06-15 11:48 AM
    Or download device switch on both phone. Done
    08-06-15 12:07 PM
    If you google Blackberry Device Switch, Blackberry has a way to do it they have a device switch site and app.
    That was the first thing I did and mentioned it in my original post, it doesn't work.
    08-06-15 12:19 PM
    Or download device switch on both phone. Done
    That was the first thing I did and mentioned it in my original post, it doesn't work.
    08-06-15 12:20 PM
    I don't have Intouch as the contacts manager on my BlackBerry, but I didn't uninstall it either so I can't say for sure. I do recall setting it as the contacts manager and then switching back to BlackBerry as the contact manager with no loss of contacts. I don't use it as the contact manager on my Android device but same scenario; I didn't uninstall the app there either. Based on what I've described here I've had no issues.
    Just finished trying this, since I don't mind leaving the app on the phone as long as all the contacts get transferred. I am stuck with multiple duplicates now. I'll research later how to get rid of them, at least for now I at least have the contacts. Thanks for the information.
    08-06-15 12:21 PM
    Maybe delete some contacts? Have two phones like the rest of us? That's a lot of eggs in one basket.
    08-06-15 12:31 PM
    Did you check to make sure you have enough room on your SD Card?
    08-06-15 12:38 PM
    Just finished trying this, since I don't mind leaving the app on the phone as long as all the contacts get transferred. I am stuck with multiple duplicates now. I'll research later how to get rid of them, at least for now I at least have the contacts. Thanks for the information.
    I seem to remember having a few duplicates as well now that you mention it. As you say, you did get the contacts over and maybe I was just so happy to have it done that I lived with the dupes! Sorry about forgetting that part.
    08-06-15 01:21 PM
    There should be a "Device Switch" app on Play Store like there is on both Blackberry World and iOS. Follow the instructions there and you should be ok.
    08-06-15 02:08 PM
    Did you check to make sure you have enough room on your SD Card?
    Yeah, I have a 64gb SD card, and I only use about 12 gb. So it's not space related.
    08-06-15 02:44 PM
    Download Device Switch app (by media mushroom) on your BlackBerry and your Android and it will WiFi sync for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 03:16 PM
26 12