Hi All,

I just recently bought a BB Classic. But the problem is, the product I received wasn't packaged properly. I bought it as a "new" product. But there wasn't any thin/transparent packaging outside of the box. There was only two stickers on the box so it won't open. That was it. So it made me suspicious whether the product was used or not. I never put my sim inside or connected it to the internet so I'm thinking of sending it back for a refund tomorrow.

So, the main question here is, is there anyway to check if this device is used or not by its IMEI number? ( I guess it's not possible but just wanted to ask even though it's a stupid question)

Thanks a lot.
    06-21-16 12:28 PM
    That's usually the way they come.
    The box for my Classic wasn't shrink-wrapped. It had two stickers on either end to keep the lid on.

You can go to web sites to check the IMEI number and verify it isn't a stolen phone. But if you already have the phone connected to a network, and it's working fine, then it hasn't been flagged as stolen, and all is well

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 12:35 PM
    That's usually the way they come.
    The box for my Classic wasn't shrink-wrapped. It had two stickers on either end to keep the lid on.

You can go to web sites to check the IMEI number and verify it isn't a stolen phone. But if you already have the phone connected to a network, and it's working fine, then it hasn't been flagged as stolen, and all is well

Posted via CB10
    Hi friend, Thank you for quick reply. On the unboxing videos I saw some photos of them shrink-wrapped. And all of the phones I have bought before had wraps as far as I remember. The 2 stickers were so simple/cheap and inside of the box was a little dusty. Wish there was a way to check if this phone is new or not. Maybe they wiped it and selling it to me as new, that's what I want to find out. And there wasn't even any warranty paper inside too. Even though warranty is BS in my country (because BB left the market) still I wanted to see a warranty of another company or smth.
    06-21-16 01:16 PM
    My last 3 BlackBerry devices had no shrink wrap. They were bought pretty much on launch day.
    06-21-16 01:32 PM
    My Classic came brand new from Vodafone UK, no plastic wrap, just the stickers on opposite edges of the box. Did it have the protective film on the front and back of the handset? I've been using my Classic for about 3 months and I can't find any signs of wear or use anywhere. I keep it in a leather pocket at work though.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 01:40 PM
    My last 3 BlackBerry devices had no shrink wrap. They were bought pretty much on launch day.
    Thanks for your reply. That's interesting.

My Classic came brand new from Vodafone UK, no plastic wrap, just the stickers on opposite edges of the box. Did it have the protective film on the front and back of the handset? I've been using my Classic for about 3 months and I can't find any signs of wear or use anywhere. I keep it in a leather pocket at work though.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it has protective film on front and back and no the camera too. No sign of use I guess. But no warranty paper. But as you asked there are protective films all over the phone.
    06-21-16 01:46 PM
    The box is never wrapped. Are the protective films still on everything on the phone? Screen, trackpad, camera strip, all should have film over them.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-21-16 04:19 PM
    Thanks for your reply. That's interesting.

Yes it has protective film on front and back and no the camera too. No sign of use I guess. But no warranty paper. But as you asked there are protective films all over the phone.
    Oops, guess you answered my question, lol. If none of those look tampered with, I think you're good.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-21-16 04:23 PM