Hi folks,

I had installed Navfree with some maps to be able to navigate abroad. Unfortunately the app crashed (just closing) whenever I wanted to get a route-planning.

Here are the steps that worked:

- opening Navfree
    - searching and finding an address in the app
    - displaying the destination on the Navfree ap

Navfree will crash whenever I want to calculate a turn-by-turn navigation to the given address.

Have others experienced this? It is a known problem also for the Q10? Are there ways to solve this problem?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:21 PM
    No solution, sorry, but I have same problem on my new classic. Built for BlackBerry, er, maybe not .
    hplovecraft likes this.
    12-27-14 07:24 PM
    No solution, sorry, but I have same problem on my new classic. Built for BlackBerry, er, maybe not .
    So I am not alone ;-)

It used to work on my Z10 beautifully though....kinda annoying if you want to show off the navigation skills of the new Classic, and nothing works. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:27 PM
    By chance, have you tried OsmAnd+? I've used both and actually prefer it over NavFree. I haven't tried to navigate with it as I assumed it would be working. But now you got me curious to test mine out. I'll let you all know if you don't beat me to it. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 06:26 AM
    Navfree crashes as far as I detected whenever you navigate to a destination on another map. If your start location and the destination are on the same map it runs properly.
    12-28-14 07:48 AM
    Navfree crashes as far as I detected whenever you navigate to a destination on another map. If your start location and the destination are on the same map it runs properly.
    Starting and end point are on the same map, and it crashes.

Are you positively running Navfree on your Classic?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:41 PM
    By chance, have you tried OsmAnd+? I've used both and actually prefer it over NavFree. I haven't tried to navigate with it as I assumed it would be working. But now you got me curious to test mine out. I'll let you all know if you don't beat me to it. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    I will see if OsmAnd + runs on my Classic. Thanks for the hint....

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:45 PM
    Starting and end point are on the same map, and it crashes.

Are you positively running Navfree
    Sure.
    on your Classic?
    On my Z30. And the OS version could also play a role, I'm still on 10.2.1.
    12-29-14 10:08 AM
    Ok. I just test OsmAnd+ and it is working great. Just note that the voice navagation pack doesn't get download automatically. You have to download that on your own for the different languages. It is sort of hidden too. Under the download section for maps, at the top in the middle you will see 'Regualr maps' (I believe). Hit that and you will see a drop down for voice. Pick your language and your all set. Enjoy, but it is working on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    12-29-14 01:35 PM
    FWIW, Map.Be randomly crashed and quit on me this morning on my way to work.
    12-29-14 02:36 PM
    Sure.
    On my Z30. And the OS version could also play a role, I'm still on 10.2.1.
    Ok....Navfree used to work on my Z10 also., that's why I asled.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:20 PM
    Ok. I just test OsmAnd+ and it is working great. Just note that the voice navagation pack doesn't get download automatically. You have to download that on your own for the different languages. It is sort of hidden too. Under the download section for maps, at the top in the middle you will see 'Regualr maps' (I believe). Hit that and you will see a drop down for voice. Pick your language and your all set. Enjoy, but it is working on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Seems to work on mine too....getting a (longer) route takes forever though.

Still hope that there will be some fix for the Navfree problem, as I ( and a lot of other people) are used to this known Navigator.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:22 PM
    Hi
    I have the same problem with my Z10. The app worked quite good until I made two updates. 10.2.1 to 10.2.2.984 and Navfree maps 2013 to 2014. Because both updates happened at the same time, I am not sure which one is responsible.

Moreover I found out that via snap loaded apps won't work if android 4 is a minimum requirement. I've got a Parrot Zik 2.0 head phone as Christmas present and could not run the zik2.0 app. It crashed during the installation. So I tried to install the older version (requirements android 2) without any problems. Further more I compared the installation (via snap) of some apps, requiring android 2 and 4 with always same result.

In my case this happened during the same period of time, so it's probably a matter of the last OS 10.2.2... update.

Anyone having similar issues, running OS 10.2.1... ???

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:46 AM
    There is new fresh update
    Fixes the problems!!!
    hplovecraft and VeryBumpy like this.
    12-31-14 06:32 AM
    Fixes the problems!!!
    Thanks for the info!

Installed the Navfree update it and all runs nicely on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:39 AM
    Fixes the problems!!!
    Is this true for you guys? Navfree (v3.1.1 build 21435) still keeps crashing when trying to set a route across countryborders. On Z10 BB 10.3.1.1779
    05-15-15 10:55 AM
    Is this true for you guys? Navfree (v3.1.1 build 21435) still keeps crashing when trying to set a route across countryborders. On Z10 BB 10.3.1.1779
    I tried going from Frankfurt to Paris....no problem.

When I tried going from Frankfurt to a place in the UK it crashed...so it might be a matter of calculation difficulties. Maybe trying waypoints will help.

Posted via CB10
    Mark Roosemont likes this.
    05-18-15 12:23 PM
    Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't...

Had the same issues on Android....

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Mark Roosemont likes this.
    05-19-15 01:17 PM