Any of you Classic and Passport users know of a reliable Sim adapter? I want to add my old Q10 to the rotation.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Polopoulos likes this.
    12-16-17 10:06 PM
    Any of you Classic and Passport users know of a reliable Sim adapter? I want to add my old Q10 to the rotation.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully, someone will have a recommendation for a reliable adapter. I've read posts where folks got things stuck and bent the contact pins in the sim slot.
    12-17-17 12:45 AM

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully, someone will have a recommendation for a reliable adapter. I've read posts where folks got things stuck and bent the contact pins in the sim slot.
    12-17-17 12:45 AM
    There are no real "reliable" adaptors. the best you can do is hope it makes proper contact.

You can hunt around Ali Express and Deal Extreme for adaptors, but none of them are "reliable" since by its very nature, you're trying to do something that doesn't work very well.

If you're scared of bending the pins, or ruining the sim, then just keep it in the one phone it's made for. Or you'll always run the risk of bending pins or losing the sim.

Remember, even putting it back in the other phone is risky. Sometimes bending pins just happens, no matter how careful you are.n
    12-17-17 01:24 AM
    Good advice, thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 06:28 AM
    I've used this one successfully https://www.amazon.ca/SAdapter-99976...UvbUpU13095559

FYI... Never, ever insert a sim adapter in a device without the sim in it. That almost guarantees that you'll wreck the sim slot getting it out.
    12-17-17 07:24 PM
    Very good advice about inserting without Sim! I have used adapter kit from mediadevil without issue. They have an adhesive backing that holds them in place. They have worked well for me for several years. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-17 10:42 AM
    I have always used the pop-out frames that come with the SIM, and I have a big bag of them. Some SIMs are slightly different shapes, but there is always one that fits. Never had a problem with them.

Purpose built SIM adaptors, as in those little black / silver frames, I have had significant problems with. They look more sturdy and more reliable, but the extra bit of plastic they add to the SIM's profile in my opinion makes them unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-17 02:31 PM
    I currently do the same with a classic and q10. I don't use an adapter I just place the smaller sim in the correct spot in the sim tray. I broke a sim tray on a z10 doing this but being careless and stupid. After the first time I actually looked at the sim card and looked at where it needed to be in the sim tray I have never had an issue again and I have switched the cards lots.

The sim simply needs to be placed tight to the side that's at the bottom of the phone and pushed in just until it's flush with the edge of the tray.

I have also never had an issue with the card moving in the slot either.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 12:41 PM
    I currently do the same with a classic and q10. I don't use an adapter I just place the smaller sim in the correct spot in the sim tray. I broke a sim tray on a z10 doing this but being careless and stupid. After the first time I actually looked at the sim card and looked at where it needed to be in the sim tray I have never had an issue again and I have switched the cards lots.

The sim simply needs to be placed tight to the side that's at the bottom of the phone and pushed in just until it's flush with the edge of the tray.

I have also never had an issue with the card moving in the slot either.

Posted via CB10
    Great, thank you. I will give this a try. I really want to start using my Q10 again.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 06:48 PM
    Go to your carrier and get a new sim! Adapters *always* rip pins eventually.
    03-03-18 11:59 AM