Hopefully, my next BB Classic will be faultless.
    It will be, don't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-28-15 02:47 PM
    Come to think of it.. my end call button is kind of creaking and squeaky when I ran a finger over the toolbelt. That's the only fault I could find on my Classic. Besides the SD card and sim slot not being aligned properly.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    Thanks for the reply coffeeaddict305. To be honest, the squeaky end call button wasn't a huge deal-breaker for me but what killed it for me was the issue with the trackpad. The SD and SIM slot shouldn't be a problem, unless you're constantly switching SD and SIM cards.
    05-28-15 02:53 PM
    It will be, don't worry.

Thanks Zolti, Fingers Crossed!!
    05-28-15 02:56 PM
    Thanks Zolti, Fingers Crossed!!

Have some of the Q10's wallpapers also.

donemt likes this.
    05-28-15 02:59 PM
    Haha, thanks again
    05-28-15 03:01 PM
    It's most likely that my OCD kicks in when purchasing new things.
    Dont we all get those? Dont sweat the small stuff. Only thing that irks my about my BB (and it is an update thing) is the ugly white dialpad. Is horrible. But to be quite honest, the features that are built in on these BB10 phones outweight every little one. The other day I wanted to install an addon on my Kodi xbmc firetv and rather than opening my laptop, grabbed the phone, made an easy share and grabbed it from Kodi..easy! Try to share crap on iPhone or even Android. On iPhone (correct me if I am wrong), is impossible (unless an app or something) and same with Android, you need to install additional stuff. ..So..have a chamomile tea when using the phone to calm that OCD..
    05-28-15 03:30 PM
    Get a Z30. You will love the keyboard after very little time using it.
    05-28-15 03:39 PM
    The other day I wanted to install an addon on my Kodi xbmc firetv and rather than opening my laptop, grabbed the phone, made an easy share and grabbed it from Kodi..easy! Try to share crap on iPhone or even Android. On iPhone (correct me if I am wrong), is impossible (unless an app or something) and same with Android, you need to install additional stuff. ..
    Since I got this phone, i used my laptop just once...
    Without apps... iPhone and Android phones are just expensive empty shells.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-28-15 04:03 PM
    Since I got this phone, i used my laptop just once...
    Without apps... iPhone and Android phones are just expensive empty shells.

Oh I agree. Empty shells is a good one..
    05-28-15 04:26 PM
    throwback palm's treo 650 back in 2005 used it for 3 years then went to treo 680 and used it for 2 years then went to the iOs for just 2 months got bored so tried the android platform and since then move from one brand to another.. 2013 got a blackberry bold (preowned) but after 8 months screen went black, bought a z10 but crap battery upgraded to q10 and stayed with it unitl 2 days ago got a passport
    05-28-15 07:53 PM
    You've been around the block once or twice.

Posted via CB10
    dtsang97 likes this.
    05-28-15 08:47 PM
    At some point you have to start questioning the store/provider you are getting your phones from. I have the cheapest bb10, a Q5, never had a single problem with the device itself.
    Well i think the keypad of the q5 is a little bit different compared with the q10 and the classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:09 AM
    Interesting topic and responses. Full marks to OP for persevering with the brand despite hardware disappointments. I reckon this could just be coincidental bad luck. My two cents worth is that, since moving to BB, I have found the build quality of the devices (have Z10 and Z30) to be at least as good, if not better than competing devices. The big difference though, lies in the operating system. To me, BB10 is a classy and efficient OS, which is geared to productivity, and makes excellent use of the hardware at its disposal, extracting really good and consistent performance from fairly modest hardware.
    Hope OP ends up a happy camper.
    Pcmx and dtsang97 like this.
    05-29-15 05:28 AM
    Good luck with your next one, OP! I have a few BlackBerries now and sometimes get Classic envy. I'd like one of them too. Hope you enjoy it
    dtsang97 likes this.
    05-29-15 06:38 AM
    Maybe you should try a Passport.......currently using 2 Passports....not an issue with either. Once purchased unlocked from BB the other AT&T (work phone). I do prefer the original version over the AT&T...but I love both and feel the Passport is the best BB ever.
    05-29-15 09:09 AM
    Interesting topic and responses. Full marks to OP for persevering with the brand despite hardware disappointments. I reckon this could just be coincidental bad luck. My two cents worth is that, since moving to BB, I have found the build quality of the devices (have Z10 and Z30) to be at least as good, if not better than competing devices. The big difference though, lies in the operating system. To me, BB10 is a classy and efficient OS, which is geared to productivity, and makes excellent use of the hardware at its disposal, extracting really good and consistent performance from fairly modest hardware.
    Hope OP ends up a happy camper.
    Thanks for the wishes BMCruiser! I will most likely be receiving a new BB Classic in the next week or so, I will update everyone once I get it in hand. I also totally agree with your statement about the OS!
    BMCruiser likes this.
    05-29-15 11:28 AM
    Good luck with your next one, OP! I have a few BlackBerries now and sometimes get Classic envy. I'd like one of them too. Hope you enjoy it

Thanks for the reply Pcmx! Definitely get one if you have the chance. I haven't had a huge amount of experience with BB, but from the looks of things, I do not think that you will be disappointed with a BB Classic. The form factor and keyboard are a huge plus in my opinion.
    05-29-15 11:30 AM
    Maybe you should try a Passport.......currently using 2 Passports....not an issue with either. Once purchased unlocked from BB the other AT&T (work phone). I do prefer the original version over the AT&T...but I love both and feel the Passport is the best BB ever.
    Thank you bb624 for your reply! wow, two passports?! Do you carry both around at the same time?

I've had a look at the passport before, but from my experience with the Q10, I would think that the form factor of the BB Classic is much better suited to me. However, I may decide to try out the passport for a week or so to see how I like it because I find there's a lot of people, like yourself, raving about it.
    05-29-15 11:36 AM
    Your welcome! I do carry 2 Passports at a time when I'm out and about. It does help that I'm female and I carry a purse. While at work my personal passport stays in my office.
    dtsang97 likes this.
    05-29-15 03:06 PM
    My trackpad sticks a little when moving horizontal. I think it Mike be feature to avoid jumping from screens if you don't mean to. Similar to edge snaps when using multiple monitors.

I will admit I never cared about the imperfections in phones until I came here and read all the posts.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Classic on TMobile
    05-29-15 07:39 PM
    My trackpad sticks a little when moving horizontal. I think it Mike be feature to avoid jumping from screens if you don't mean to. Similar to edge snaps when using multiple monitors.

I will admit I never cared about the imperfections in phones until I came here and read all the posts.

Thanks for your reply intrloper! Sorry if my thread made you paranoid about your phone, but to be honest if they didn't bother you too much in the past, I don't think they are too much to be concerned about. If it has put you off, would you still be able to get it repaired/replaced under warranty?
    05-30-15 06:19 AM
    Thanks for your reply intrloper! Sorry if my thread made you paranoid about your phone, but to be honest if they didn't bother you too much in the past, I don't think they are too much to be concerned about. If it has put you off, would you still be able to get it repaired/replaced under warranty?
    Sorry I didn't mean to imply your post had me concerned. I was referring to the general mentality of worrying over the physical characteristics of the phone. This is something that started back in 2008 with first curve on tmo. I remember all the phones before I just bought and never worried about but when I got that phone I then started coming here to the forums and suddenly was flooded with thread after thread of people's concerns. Everything from seems not being tight to dust under the screen. Things I never would have considered until I started to read the forums. I am OCD so it quickly got to me but this time around after owning so many android devices I am a little more laxed. Long as no huge cosmetic flaws and everything functions I am happy.

For you though I know exactly how you feel and if you need to replace them til you feel like you have the perfect device then no harm but it will drive you nuts if you keep thinking about it. Trust me.

In the end I wish you well and wrote such a long winded speech just to be able to type out more of this amazing keyboard. It is the main reason I came back to BlackBerry.

Last edited by intrloper; 05-30-15 at 06:47 PM.
    05-30-15 01:40 PM
    See my friend,

When you compare a device have many keys its not same when you campare it with full screen , because its all screen you can not find any thing.

I used till now 6 classic , i didnt face any of those problems, but what i was facing is the screen light color, 4 of them was too much yellow (warm) screen color , it's unbelievable.

because i love blackberry and its my only device you know what i did ?
    I went to the shop , bought a classic , switch it on and find the screen bad , direct i sell it and bought another one till i find a good screen.
    Not sure if. You tried this, but in Setting-Display there's a slide to adjust the warmness/coolness of your screen. I've tested both ends of the spectrum and if this doesn't fix your issue the screens you have been getting. Must be calibrated WAY off.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 05:40 AM
    Just to update everyone on my situation, I received my brand new Blackberry Classic in the post today and everything seems to great! There is a small gap between the left side of the toolbelt and the screen just above the phone button. Also, the track pad is slightly wonky but both of these issues are not huge deal-breakers for me so I am very happy with my phone at the moment. Thank you everyone for your replies. Pictures of my new BlackBerry will follow...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 01:37 PM
    Every Classic has a wonky trackpad..

Have fun with your phone!!

06-04-15 01:42 PM
63 123