With the battery in my almost brand new Classic exhausted but not worth replacing, (swollen and oozing out liquid "tears of sorrow"), it suddenly became memory of another lost relic in a brief, romantic but much cherished love story affair. Similar stories can be recalled of my Pearl 8100, Bold 9780 and DTEK 50, all having failed catastrophically; swollen, worn batteries, defective or broken screens and defunct software (disabled or discontinued features and broken hearts in the hardware) all within a relatively short era. Perhaps, evenmore disheartening is that all those products have rapidly become extinct, relics of the past, simply outdated and obsolete in very little time. My last remaining beleaguered but some-what faithful Z10 STL100-1, whilst still in working condition, is not worth powering or charging up anymore. It's hardly useful for any mobile activity except in rare emergencies where other available phones might suffer unexpected failure.

A plethora of accessories (chargers, spare batteries, cases, holsters, headpieces, etc. now lie in a corner cluster, vivid reminders of the good old, glorious Country and Western-like days when I once proudly sported a spectacular BlackBerry Bold dangling on my belt or glistening in my hands. Guys and gals, I'm still moaning the loss and sometimes I get so emotional that I feel like crying!😥😭 Anyway, times have rapidly changed eversince the recent surge of technological evolution in mobile communication devices. Therefore, quick adaptation is vital in order to remain relevant or else we may become stuck with the rubble of past devices.

I had considered getting the KeyOne for a while but then the Key2 came along sporting better, enhanced features. It seemed quite spectacular and impressive at first, but perhaps, too pricey considering similar products available from other competitors. Whilst the general software and security features seemed impressive they were not particularly attractive or convincing enough to rekindle my rapidly dwindling affection and quell earlier disappointments.

However, it was still a very hard decision to make after several months of researching and reviewing other brands. Eventually, I mustered enough courage to enter into a new hate-love relationship with a Samsung Galaxy 8 DUOS. I really miss the physical keyboard of the Bold and Classic, perhaps better experience, if granted an opportunity to own or use the Key2. I'm still frustrated by, but trying to cope with, frequent touch-screen typos on this S8 after several months. I hope my skills will improve over time.

Then, comes along the Key2 LTE which I may have considered more seriously but sadly, too little, too late to turn back at this stage. So long BlackBerry, I'm sorry to leave you after loving and hugging you with such diehard sincerity and dedication. Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful that some day soon I'll find another trusted, much lovelier, BlackBerry smartphone. Bye, bye and best wishes for the future until I could fall in love again with another BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Winstorm; 03-07-19 at 03:33 PM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-07-19 01:54 PM
    Well, hopefully, you'll get a handle on your S8 eventually.
    03-07-19 02:21 PM
    Hopefully blackberry mobile can step up their game and make better phones.
    03-07-19 02:51 PM
    cool story bro.
    03-07-19 02:52 PM
    With the battery in my almost brand new Classic exhausted but not worth replacing, (swollen and oozing out liquid "tears of sorrow"), it suddenly became memory of another lost relic in a brief, romantic but much cherished love story affair. Similar stories can be recalled of my Pearl 8100, Bold 9780 and DTEK 50, all having failed catastrophically; swollen, worn batteries, defective or broken screens and defunct software (disabled or discontinued features and broken hearts in the hardware) all within a relatively short era. Perhaps, evenmore disheartening is that all those products have rapidly become extinct, relics of the past, simply outdated and obsolete in very little time. My last remaining beleaguered but some-what faithful Z10 STL100-1, whilst still in working condition, is not worth powering or charging up anymore. It's hardly useful for any mobile activity except in rare emergencies where other available phones might suffer unexpected failure.

A plethora of accessories (chargers, spare batteries, cases, holsters, headpieces, etc. now lie in a corner cluster, vivid reminders of the good old, glorious Country and Western-like days when I once proudly sported a spectacular BlackBerry Bold dangling on my belt or glistening in my hands. Guys and gals, I'm still moaning the loss and sometimes I get so emotional that I feel like crying! Anyway, times have rapidly changed eversince the recent surge of technological evolution in mobile communication devices. Therefore, quick adaptation is vital in order to remain relevant or else we may become stuck with the rubble of past devices.

I had considered getting the KeyOne for a while but then the Key2 came along sporting better, enhanced features. It seemed quite spectacular and impressive at first, but perhaps, too pricey considering similar products available from other competitors. Whilst the general software and security features seemed impressive they were not particularly attractive or convincing enough to rekindle my rapidly dwindling affection ans quell earlier disappointments.

However, it was still a very hard decision to make after several months of researching and reviewing other brands. Eventually, I mustered enough courage to enter into a new hate-love relationship with a Samsung Galaxy 8 DUOS. I really miss the physical keyboard od the Bold and Classic. I'm still frustrated by, but typing to cope with frequent touch-screen typos on this S8 after several months. I hope my skills will improve over time.

Then, comes along the Key2 LTE which I may have considered more seriously but sadly, too little, too late to turn back at this stage. So long BlackBerry, I'm sorry to leave you after loving and hugging you with such diehard sincerity and dedication. Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful that some day soon I'll find another trusted, much lovelier, BlackBerry smartphone. Bye, bye and best wishes for the future until I could fall in love again with another BlackBerry.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...thread-260887/
    john_v and TgeekB like this.
    03-07-19 03:15 PM