I have had almost all blackberry devices since the pearl. Tried the passport and the q10 before giving the classic a go� wanted to see what changed with the 10.3 update and experience the trackpad again as the bold was a great device in its time. Anyway here we go�.

Bought via amazon as I can return if needed. Upon first power on I noticed the battery was half charged so I decided to charge and noticed the device getting really hot. Ok no big deal. Started to load all my settings and configs, like email and apps. Noticed that gmail does not load contacts and calander automatically but requires cal dev and contact dev so its an extra step which blackberry needs to fix. Next I started really loving the size of the phone and the keyboard. Keyboard is awesome and typing is consistant and accurate. Thought the speaker could be a little louder when listening to audio. This is now day two and I put the classic through its paces. Woke up with a full charge and proceeded about my day. Happened to be heading to Boston on amtrak from NYC which is a great opportunity to test the usefulness of the classic during a business trip. Once again I love the keyboard and how great it is to text back and forth with people. I did not like that there were no cross platform apps for sharing emoticons from blackberry to iphone or android. I know there is blackberry messenger but really want something that works without having the other party involved downloading a whole new app. The battery life started to show its weakness about half way though the day so I can say for sure its not a beast when it comes to battery life. The next issue I had was navigation. I left the train station in backbay and rented a car . loaded blackberry navigation and began my journey to the hotel. It was not the best navigation app to say the least. If your going to make a business phone that gets things done then navigation is up there in the top five. This navigation ranks poorly comparatively speaking. Apps� so we all know about using android apps and how they're not really optimized for blackberry ;well that seems to be the case here for the classic. Although they run android apps they don't do a great job of it and the blackberry store is lackluster at best. I have decided to hold on to the classic for a few more days but coming from a LG G3 to the classic was like going from a Escalade to a rav4 . A few notes for Mr Chen�
    You are on the right track but do a few things to tweak this experience for the better�

1: Make Android apps run natively or inca native mode. If they means allowing a dual boot device than so be it� remember its about getting devices in people's hands.
    2: Beef up your specs� business users demand more not less than the typical mom and pop smart phone. The processor on the classic is not good enough.
    3: removable battery is a must for a business phone. Not sure why making these sealed battery options ever got approval but its a bad move
    4: rectangular screen not a square, think iphone6 with a typo keyboard except built by blackberry.
    5: Be creative with your keyboard options in a physical sense, like slide out ultrathin vanish when not needed.

Thats enough for now , I will get off my soap box.
    02-13-15 12:09 AM
    Sorry you are not thrilled with your Classic. I have to say that honestly, some of the things you asked Chen for, I hope don't happen. But enjoy whatever you are using.

It's all about working it. if you love the phone, you can make it work.
    Naeg1995, Hulk123 and terminatorx like this.
    02-13-15 07:46 AM
    Prior to Z30, I (too) was a die hard fan of the removable battery. Alas, no more. An aftermarket battery backup (Mophie, etc) is a much better solution, especially for those that carry multiple mobile devices as it offers a single re-charge solution for all devices, provides multiple charges, and doesn't require I reboot my phone.
    Tabdus likes this.
    02-13-15 07:56 AM
    Nice observation!! But it's a classic in its nature and form

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:00 AM
    Why is it that so many rate battery usage in the first days of operation? Anyone who has had more than one phone knows the battery needs a few charges and we mess with the unit to set it up a lot more in the first three days.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic PIN: 2BF2EE1C
    02-13-15 08:30 AM
    No dual booting w android. Remember how well windows rt worked with 2 experiences? It was a bust.

Beef up specs for sure.

Make a slider.

Done

Posted via CB10
    eldrover likes this.
    02-13-15 08:31 AM
    Opinions are like *** hole, everyone has one.
    dave gomez likes this.
    02-13-15 08:34 AM
    I love the Classic because it is the Classic. I wouldn't buy the Classic if I wanted an iPhone or an Android device.

Would I want my Classic to be better? For sure I would!
    Would I want my better Classic to be better in an iOS or Android way ? No absolutely not.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 11:50 AM
    Sounds like you need a passport. And a dedicated GPS device.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-13-15 11:54 AM
    All of us need phones for difference reasons and we all do have different preferences. What you have asked Chen to include sounds great but I do believe that Chen and his team intended BlackBerry Classic as what we are having it right now.

As for me, I love it. It maybe not a beast, but it is a perfect phone for a classic guy like me. It fits my hand well and I got to update all my social media pretty fast when I want it. For other fun stuffs that maybe Classic can't deliver it as good as android or iPhone, I prefer to do it on my notebook instead.

Well done BlackBerry. Definitely BlackBerry is not for everyone.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    02-14-15 12:03 AM
    Excuse me, but what did you mean by that you had to usa cal dev and contact dev? Care to elaborate? Cause this info might be valuable to me

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 01:02 AM
    Excuse me, but what did you mean by that you had to usa cal dev and contact dev? Care to elaborate? Cause this info might be valuable to me

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 01:32 AM
    Please allow your phone to settle down for a few days and then see the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 01:33 AM
    Classic is for BlackBerry users who still use bold devices. For them it is sure the best device they can get in market.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-14-15 03:57 AM
    I don't want any changes in classic I love they way it is the only thing I want is that the software support for the device should not end and I hope it atleast get the next big software update when blackberry announces it

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 04:23 AM
    Everyone who starts a thread that the classic or the passport is not a good device have only single post or maybe 2-5 ...why?
    Are they trolls maybe paid from samsung like they trolled HTC?

They start the threads and don't answer again....

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    02-14-15 04:28 AM
    The choice of phones is fairly personal. We all want and need different things in them. We are lucky that we have a great selection to choose from. I recently saw something by an academic to the effect that 'good enough is almost always good enough.' His thesis is that chasing perfection leads to disappointment, whereas accepting something that is sufficiently acceptable is likely to maximise satisfaction. In my brief time with it, I think that the Classic proves this theory. Sure, there are improvements that could be made, but realistically, for the core purpose the phone is made, it is very good and it is likely to satisfy the needs and wishes for those to whom it is targeted. For those whom it doesn't, there are many good alternative choices that will fulfil that maxim for them.
    Sulaco757 and anon(9155131) like this.
    02-14-15 04:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cal dev and contact dev are in advanced settings when you set up a new email account. Just scroll down and use your gmail information with googledotcom as the server. This will import your calendar and contacts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-14-15 05:17 AM
    Everyone who starts a thread that the classic or the passport is not a good device have only single post or maybe 2-5 ...why?
    Are they trolls maybe paid from samsung like they trolled HTC?

They start the threads and don't answer again....

So if someone does not agree with your point of view they are a troll? That sounds a bit fascist to me , I thought this was a forum for blackberry discussions.

TgeekB likes this.
    02-14-15 06:41 AM
    So if someone does not agree with your point of view they are a troll? That sounds a bit fascist to me , I thought this was a forum for blackberry discussions.

No it does not sound " fascist"
    It is the truth...
    There are dozens of these flame threads go and post it there.
    You had a passport before and wanted to "try" what have changed with 10.3? Wtf?

1. Its known that not every single Android app run fine
    2. I wish also a better speced CLASSIC but for older bold and curve users this is blazing fast.
    3. No a removable battery ist not a"must" for business
    4. Square screen IS better for the stuff it was build
    5. Like the name "classic" says it is 100% classic

Last edited by Hulk123; 02-14-15 at 08:01 AM.
    chris8189 and terminatorx like this.
    02-14-15 07:32 AM
    When I see these threads I always wonder what its purpose. Is it just an avenue to vent or is the purpose to convince others that this opinion is true and they should feel the same way?
    Phone preferences are very subjective.
    To the OP, sorry your experience isn't to your liking, but it isn't the same with everyone. We all have choices. Maybe it's time to exercise yours.

Posted via CB10
    Macbbq, Hulk123, Tabdus and 1 others like this.
    02-14-15 09:10 AM
    Yes it's true people who start these type of threads are paid bashers, no doubt about. If I bought a phone like the Classic which was clearly targeted to BB Bold users, and it didn't perform like i expected, I would just return it and get something more suitable. But then you go on trying to mask the fact that your trolling by making a list of things John Chen needs to fix. Yah right after the phone is released. I'm sure JC will order the next run to include removable batteries, and switch to some other processor on the fly. SMH. Then you get the dufus comments like I have a right to my opinion, sure you do., and other people have a right to disagree with your opinion.
    02-14-15 01:30 PM
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

1. All my contacts downloaded smoothly from Gmail and didn't need caldev.

2. If you take *any* train, especially a fast train, it will drain your battery quickly due to it constantly searching for signal. I carry two devices and my second device, a dumb phone that could usually hold its charge for over a week, lost half its charge in the space of 5 hours on a TGV. That's got nothing to do with the Classic.

3. I dislike the default Blackberry map app; that's why I got BeMaps 10 (basically Google Maps for BB10)

Quite frankly, if you're not happy with the Classic you should return it. But the reasons you gave for not liking it were pretty thin.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    02-14-15 05:13 PM
    You can't cirque a phones battery life just after one day of use. ............

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-14-15 05:21 PM
    Points 3,4,5 are not valid since you knew about these before buying the device. For 1, yes, Android apps don't always run well, or at all. BlackBerry needs to make these smooth. Most of the android apps I use do run well enough to give me the functionality I need - enough to make it a fair trade-off for the keyboard. For 2, the specs are what they are - underpowered but good enough for most people.

I would love to see a device with a slider keyboard like the old torch so we could have bigger screens but not wider phones.

Good luck with whatever you keep. Phones are such a personal choice and it seems there will never be a phone that has every feature wanted by some people.

Like iphones -I hate the fisher-price look of the icons and how the settings and choices are so restricted. Android phones are great, but they are getting so big that they are unweildy. My Q10 is great, but am very excited to try the classic. I only wish it had a bigger screen, and better android app compatibility.
    02-14-15 05:31 PM
30 12