The first thing you should do is take it back & get a Q10

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-13-15 07:13 PM
    Mr4Aces will never learn it. He is caught in the idea that he can optimize his system with those tools. As a recognized developer I can just say: Keep your hands off from ANY so called optimizer. Be it for Blackberry or for Android. They are all useless.
    Go ahead and load Google Play and all that is required to run it. Then load all the Google Apps you like and see how much RAM you have left.

My new Classic is coming in the mail tomorrow, whats the first things I should do?-my-opinion.gif
    andy957 likes this.
    08-13-15 08:47 PM
    Still have a pretty good amount left to be honest. Here's a link on why you shouldn't use a task killer on Android.

If you don't care to read, here's an excerpt:

So, when you install a task killer, or worse � an auto task killer � what you are doing is stopping processes, which will immediately boot up again, because that's their job. An auto task killer will keep this cycle ever-going in the background, so while you think that you've freed some RAM and your device should be feeling free as a butterfly, it is in fact being choked by having to close and relaunch all of the aforementioned apps over and over again.
    08-13-15 08:55 PM
    Go ahead and load Google Play and all that is required to run it. Then load all the Google Apps you like and see how much RAM you have left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My-opinion.gif 
Views:	599 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	366738
    So what you are saying is, that QNX, including the Android runtime, is not able to do correct RAM memory handling (allocate/free up)?

Well, then all those car entertainment systems running QNX (that also have an Android runtime, btw) should immediately run your optimizers or they will soon be out of memory, won't they?

Not really...
    08-14-15 04:09 AM
    So what you are saying is, that QNX, including the Android runtime, is not able to do correct RAM memory handling (allocate/free up)?

Well, then all those car entertainment systems running QNX (that also have an Android runtime, btw) should immediately run your optimizers or they will soon be out of memory, won't they?

Not really...
    We are getting way off topic.

But no I did not say that. What I experienced is that with Google Play and Google Talk and any of the apps that need Google Play to work. Eats up my memory. The amount depends on how much is running in the back ground.

Run Google Maps which "I" had set to run when minimized, and 2 other apk apps that require Google play.

Google play and the other Google apps need to run Google Maps such as Google Talk does not use much memory while idle (200-300mb) but when you active it, "my" experience it uses way more memory that using a native BB10 Maps.

No I don't have a clue how the BB10 is programmed, but I can say what happened to me. After all is said and done must of the "must have" Android apps that "require Google Play" to work I don't need. A native app in some form will do the job. The Android utility and work apps seem to run fine without Google Play on BB10.3.

That being said I based my analogy by check the memory with the App Manager. With Gplay and the other Gapps "I" had 700-800mg without it "I" have I.2gb+. This is with all settings set "off" to run in the back ground, excepts Gplay, Gtalk, GMaps and a couple of necessary apps.

The Classic only has 2gb of memory as the OS continues to develop more memory is going to be required. The more memory you can free up now allows the Classic to be used that much longer. It has been noted herein that some people with Gplay only have 500-600mb of free memory.

For "me" I would rather have as much memory to start, then to reboot because it starts to slow down or stalling. My Classic really starts to slow down when it is under 400mb of memory.

Compound the above if game apps are downloaded.

Everybody has different needs so the more memory is better than "enough" and " runs fine".

This is why many of us petitioned for 3gb of memory pre launch. We saw this coming. The work around is to keep your phone as clean as you can and not cluttering it up with memory eating apps.

Just my opinion.

And you are taking my comments personal because of the Snap vs Cobalt thread. I respect your knowledge and ability, but your patch does not work for me. Besides it's not going to matter as the OS develops. BlackBerry will work on getting the bugs out of this. (and use more memory).

Not everybody are in the know. I advised the first time user not to go down that route so there are less complications during their "first" experience with the CLASSIC. He did not buy a Passport with 3gb of memory. Let them enjoy the phone with a clean BB10.3. Then if they feel the need do whatever. The last thing BlackBerry loyalist need is a someone (new to BB) not happy with the Classic because its' lack of performance then going back to iPhone or Android. Then spreading a bad experience to others. BB10 is difficult enough to learn.

Amazon has change how people buy. With the A-Z return policy you can return anything within 30 days. So more people are willing to try a foreign product and if they don't like it just send it back. The less complications someone new to BB10 has the better chance of keeping the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-14-15 at 01:31 PM.
    08-14-15 08:33 AM
    I strongly recommend nobody to do this all your doing is wasting more battery by "cleaning" everything the phone then has to replace everything you just cleaned every time. Clean master has to be the worst app ever created BlackBerry 10 handles it self very well its not android

Posted via CB10
    Really?

"....has to replace everything you just cleaned every time"
    It is called cache it doesn't have to replace it until you go there again.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-14-15 at 01:39 PM.
    08-14-15 09:19 AM
    Just hold and admire the build quality and a device built for getting thru those emails.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-14-15 08:03 PM
    Another example of a first time user returning his Classic after 48 hours because it is to slow.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1032989

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:58 AM
    well you all forgot to him to open the BOX FIRST! Then he can begin to do everything else. Im just saying
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-18-15 06:36 AM
    Another example of a first time user returning his Classic after 48 hours because it is to slow.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1032989

Posted via CB10
    This is because the guy loaded Android apps and expected a fluid experience.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-18-15 10:18 AM
    This is because the guy loaded Android apps and expected a fluid experience.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    Agree!

But how is he to know?

That's why new people to BB10 should not load Gplay at first. Let them enjoy the fluid of BB10 before filling the phone with clutter.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:39 AM
    As the title says, i'm getting my new Classic in the mail tomorrow. Any suggestions on what are some of the first few things I should do, apps to get, or tweaks to make when I get it? I am a longtime BB user that switched to an Android phone 6 months ago and very very excited to come back to BB. Heard lots of great things about the classic and cant wait to get started with it.
    AS long as you set up your gmail account your calendar, contacts will allow appear on your bb. But make sure you either use your old bb id/login to bb world or create a new account altogether. Once the device is powered on for the first time it will promptt you for your bb id as you know alot of the features are dependant on your bb id.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-18-15 12:23 PM
    Really?

It is called cache it doesn't have to replace it until you go there again.
    Dude the bottom line is clean master and ram optimizes are trash apps. that even on android do more harm them good go to android central they did a whole podcast almost exclusively talking about clean master. And making it to where even a child could understand I think the podcast is called cleanmaster. And what is your point it doesn't replace it till you go to the app again I understand that and at that point you launch the app and it has to replace what you deleted eveytime how does that help so starting the app in theory would be slower. It's unnecessary it's what people use that don't understand how phones work reminds me of when I got my first smartphone and thought I need to kill every app and all it did was kill my battery lol. I think it's time you take your next step in your smartphone life just walk away from the data mining apps that are useless. Quit watching your ram who cares how much ram you have all my devices Q10,classic,Z30 passport run smooth I never check how much ram I have

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:06 PM
    Dude the bottom line is clean master and ram optimizes are trash apps. that even on android do more harm them good go to android central they did a whole podcast almost exclusively talking about clean master. And making it to where even a child could understand I think the podcast is called cleanmaster. And what is your point it doesn't replace it till you go to the app again I understand that and at that point you launch the app and it has to replace what you deleted eveytime how does that help so starting the app in theory would be slower. It's unnecessary it's what people use that don't understand how phones work reminds me of when I got my first smartphone and thought I need to kill every app and all it did was kill my battery lol. I think it's time you take your next step in your smartphone life just walk away from the data mining apps that are useless. Quit watching your ram who cares how much ram you have all my devices Q10,classic,Z30 passport run smooth I never check how much ram I have

Posted via CB10
    If not cleaning out your cache works keep doing what works for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:04 PM
    Agree!

But how is he to know?

That's why new people to BB10 should not load Gplay at first. Let them enjoy the fluid of BB10 before filling the phone with clutter.

Posted via CB10
    He doesn't til he figures it out. Now if he used the Passport and loaded Android apps, I'm sure speed won't be a big problem.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-18-15 07:37 PM
40 12