As the title says, i'm getting my new Classic in the mail tomorrow. Any suggestions on what are some of the first few things I should do, apps to get, or tweaks to make when I get it? I am a longtime BB user that switched to an Android phone 6 months ago and very very excited to come back to BB. Heard lots of great things about the classic and cant wait to get started with it.
    08-12-15 12:12 AM
    Install the latest stable leak

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    Romanswinter likes this.
    08-12-15 12:40 AM
    Charge it overnight....

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    Romanswinter likes this.
    08-12-15 01:52 AM
    Honestly, prepare for a 1.2 gb forced download from your carrier. After setting up your phone that's going to be the first thing to happen.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-12-15 01:53 AM
    Install the latest stable leak

Posted using Z30 | 10.3.2.2339
    You do know that 2252 and 2339 are not leaks. They are releases from the carriers. I use ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2252. On mine as it was released by my carrier Bell for the classic and 2339 was released for the passport

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 05:20 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943672 for all autoloaders.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/ for Cobalts Google Play Store, etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914930 for Lucky Patcher, necessary for some Android apps

Posted with my  Classic
    08-12-15 12:14 PM
    Load Snap and stay away from Apps that require Google Play on your phone to work. Apps on Amazon or Snap only.

Down load
    RAM Optimizer
    Clean Master
    Print Hand

Use the help app to assist you in the learning period.

Setup the short cuts to "your" needs. Force yourself to use then until it is automatic.

Clean your phone everyday by running Ram Optimizer for the "bar" files and Clean Master for the"apk" files. Shut it Down to clear the memory.

Once you are accustom to the BB10 and your phone learn about the OS by learning to to load "leaks"

Posted via CB10
    Romanswinter likes this.
    08-12-15 02:01 PM
    Are there any apps must for you?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:13 PM
    Turn it on.

I <3 NY!
    08-12-15 07:22 PM
    You're getting the best smartphone made. I have had them all and nothing can compare with the Classic. All hail the Classic.

While your new jewel is charging, download the owner's manual and read -- most people probably don't use a fraction of the features because they don't know they exist.

Check out the official BlackBerry Classic YouTube demos.

Once your Classic is charged and ready to go, get in the habit of maximizing your use of the trackpad and "toolbelt" -- these make the Classic superior to other devices, so enjoy.

Enjoy the feel, enjoy writing with the Classic, enjoy the logic of the system and the smoothness. Have fun personalizing your settings ...

Don't risk messing up your jewel with unofficial, leaked, or otherwise non-OEM stuff. Your Classic is just right as is. I would recommend the holster -- this works with the special battery saving feature of the Classic and gives good protection.

Just enjoy your purchase -- you bought the best.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, Romanswinter and andy957 like this.
    08-12-15 08:08 PM
    As the title says, i'm getting my new Classic in the mail tomorrow. Any suggestions on what are some of the first few things I should do, apps to get, or tweaks to make when I get it? I am a longtime BB user that switched to an Android phone 6 months ago and very very excited to come back to BB. Heard lots of great things about the classic and cant wait to get started with it.
    Enjoy it!!
    08-12-15 08:22 PM
    Mine comes tomorrow too! Hoping for a good device! No light bleed issues, good quality! And tomorrow is my bday. excited to get started
    08-12-15 08:30 PM
    Are there any apps must for you?

Posted via CB10
    My requirements are going to be way different than OP. only because i have 5+ Email, 10+ Twitter and 2 Face Book accounts that are fed through Hootesuite.

Here are a few in addition to the above and preload.
    Picture Editor
    Video Editor
    Bank Apps
    myATT
    Amazon
    Craigslist
    Ebay
    CB10 (outdated)
    FAce Book
    GoDaddy
    Hootsuite
    Twitter
    Color ID
    Memo Pad
    Docs to Go
    and other insignificant Apps

I forgot to tell you after you load all your Apps go to Settings, Application Permissions and go down your list of Apps. Turn the Run when Minimized and Run in Background OFF except for Apps like Maps and Assistant. This will free up some of your RAM memory.

I have it documented in another thread that I have between 1,2 and 1.4gb of starting memory by keeping the device clean of junk and using the correct settings You don't want to run out of memory.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-13-15 at 01:19 AM.
    Romanswinter likes this.
    08-13-15 12:53 AM
    You're getting the best smartphone made. I have had them all and nothing can compare with the Classic. All hail the Classic.

While your new jewel is charging, download the owner's manual and read -- most people probably don't use a fraction of the features because they don't know they exist.

Check out the official BlackBerry Classic YouTube demos.

Once your Classic is charged and ready to go, get in the habit of maximizing your use of the trackpad and "toolbelt" -- these make the Classic superior to other devices, so enjoy.

Enjoy the feel, enjoy writing with the Classic, enjoy the logic of the system and the smoothness. Have fun personalizing your settings ...

Don't risk messing up your jewel with unofficial, leaked, or otherwise non-OEM stuff. Your Classic is just right as is. I would recommend the holster -- this works with the special battery saving feature of the Classic and gives good protection.

Just enjoy your purchase -- you bought the best.

Posted via CB10
    Great advise.

Be sure to NOT go cheap on a case and screen protector. If you drop the Classic on a cement surface you will damage it because of the weight. I use a Seidio Surface case and Inskin tempered glass protector. But any good hard case will do. The tempered glass protector might be an over kill.
    Romanswinter likes this.
    08-13-15 01:17 AM
    Turn it on.

I <3 NY!
    After : "open the box"

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:38 AM
    Download a reddit app for your BlackBerry! If you don't like the ones in BlackBerry World, you can sideload BaconReader.

Also, add people on BBM and use your BlackBerry to its potential.
    08-13-15 08:48 AM
    Load Snap and stay away from Apps that require Google Play on your phone to work. Apps on Amazon or Snap only.

Down load
    RAM Optimizer <-- Not needed.
    Clean Master <-- If this is the one by Cheetah Mobile, this app is a privacy NIGHTMARE.
    Print Hand
    OP, don't download RAM Optimizer or Clean Master. You don't need to free up RAM. The phone runs just fine under moderate to heavy usage. And Clean Master is a privacy nightmare. I wouldn't trust it.
    08-13-15 08:52 AM
    Jesus, all these crap memory apps and whatever. Open the box, use the nicest Phone ever and install whatever App or leak you want on it. Its an amazing tool that you can use exactly How YOU want to.

Posted via CB10
    andy957, texn884 and Chris Chin like this.
    08-13-15 08:58 AM

Down load
    RAM Optimizer
    Clean Master
    Print Hand

Use the help app to assist you in the learning period.

Setup the short cuts to "your" needs. Force yourself to use then until it is automatic.

Clean your phone everyday by running Ram Optimizer for the "bar" files and Clean Master for the"apk" files. Shut it Down to clear the memory.

Once you are accustom to the BB10 and your phone learn about the OS by learning to to load "leaks"

Posted via CB10
    I strongly recommend nobody to do this all your doing is wasting more battery by "cleaning" everything the phone then has to replace everything you just cleaned every time. Clean master has to be the worst app ever created BlackBerry 10 handles it self very well its not android

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 09:57 AM
    Mr4Aces will never learn it. He is caught in the idea that he can optimize his system with those tools. As a recognized developer I can just say: Keep your hands off from ANY so called optimizer. Be it for Blackberry or for Android. They are all useless.
    AidenSurvival likes this.
    08-13-15 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've been using OS leaks with autoloaders for over two years there's no risk involved. You can not brick a BlackBerry. There's so many things you can do with this phone and OS it's almost like having a mini computer in your hand. Vuze torrent downloader from Playstore works great. RetroArch game emulator works great and uses the keyboard for controls, must be side loaded. The phone isn't prone to android malware so that risk is also gone. I'd say try everything you can on your phone, test it to its limits.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-13-15 02:54 PM
    I've been using OS leaks with autoloaders for over two years there's no risk involved. You can not brick a BlackBerry. There's so many things you can do with this phone and OS it's almost like having a mini computer in your hand. Vuze torrent downloader from Playstore works great. RetroArch game emulator works great and uses the keyboard for controls, must be side loaded. The phone isn't prone to android malware so that risk is also gone. I'd say try everything you can on your phone, test it to its limits.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    You can't brick a BlackBerry? Oh I've read a few stories here and there. Use an autoloader, trip on your USB cable to your phone and you'll have a bricked phone in no time.

As for malware, yes it can get it because it's running Android in a runtime. So don't be downloading these crappy pirated apps or "optimizers."
    08-13-15 04:43 PM
    I just got mine. I have no idea how to use it. Lol I hope that I will learn soon. Hardware wise it looks great except for the sim tray but it's in a case so I'm not too worried about that. So much to learn. Not going to put my iPhone sim in it until the weekend. And I need to dl some apps and stuff first. So far very impressed with the quality feel

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:41 PM
    You can't brick a BlackBerry? Oh I've read a few stories here and there. Use an autoloader, trip on your USB cable to your phone and you'll have a bricked phone in no time.

As for malware, yes it can get it because it's running Android in a runtime. So don't be downloading these crappy pirated apps or "optimizers."
    Yeah and then you reload the autoloader and all is well again. It's never permanently bricked.
    And no BlackBerry 10 does not get malware. The runtime is an emulator not built into the OS. Malware attacks the root of the OS which the runtime can not access. Also anti virus software for bb10 is pointless, there are no viruses for BlackBerry.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-13-15 06:42 PM
    Well, color me pink.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-13-15 07:10 PM
40 12