Just as a couple of weeks ago I got my Passport for Christmas, today we have received my mother's new Classic!

She is a diplomat, business woman and BlackBerry loyalist and is substituting her Q10 (with a faulty mic unfortunately) for this awesome Classic.

Something which has caught my eyes is that this device from ShopBlackBerry is "Made in China for BlackBerry Canada". Is this the standard for the Classic? My Passport is "Made in Mexico", although my gf bought it directly with carrier Telcel.

Anyway, it seems to be working great, so I'll set it up for her later today and keep you informed. Cheers!
    My mother's new phone has arrived...-img_20150109_123054.jpg

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-09-15 01:01 PM
    Did she have any comments regarding your passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:04 PM
    Foxconn made device so it's made in China, while the Passport is made by a different manufacturing group used by BB that is in various locations including Mexico I guess.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-09-15 01:09 PM
    Good choise, man!

BlackBerry Passport / Vodafone Romnia
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-09-15 01:11 PM
    Did she have any comments regarding your passport?

Posted via CB10
    She liked it, but found it too big for her hands. She also misses the trackpad and toolbelt from her 9900 Bold, specially for text editing.

I must confess that if there was no Passport, I would've probably taken a look at the Classic. It feels solid, elegant and well built. The only thing I didn't like much are the SIM and SD cards trays, they feel somewhat fragile compared to the rest of the phone. The Passport's solution is better IMHO.

My mom has been a BlackBerry loyalist with physical keyboard devices. She doesn't want an all-touch phone (unlike my father, who's enchanted by his Z10). Her last two devices were the 9900 and the Q10 (currently borrowing my Q5 due to the faulty mic), so you can see a trend there. Passport posed too much innovation and size for her.

People like my mom is the type of market that BlackBerry is aiming for with the Classic. The Passport is for those like me, a BlackBerry loyalist more open to innovation who had an all-touch (Z30 in my case), but somewhat missed the physical keyboard. I believe it's a good approach.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    01-09-15 01:16 PM
    It's much cheaper for BlackBerry to use FoxConn to both produce and control the inventory on devices...

Mexico was the location used for the production of the Passport... but I'm not sure if it is a BlackBerry owned plant or not. BlackBerry has been selling a lot of their facilities. BlackBerry has in the past used others to manufacture their devices and someone mention they taught a Taiwanese company was doing the production in Mexico.

The Passport boxes say "Made in Mexico for BlackBerry Canada", not BY BlackBerry.

So I guess it really doesn't matter...
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-09-15 01:24 PM
    Tell her enjoy her new beauty. The Classic is a class act :-)

Posted via Classic
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-09-15 03:15 PM
    Your mom must be really happy! Tell her this guy in Amsterdam is jealous of her! Not for long though, expecting delivery on wednesday!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-09-15 03:22 PM
    Your mom is cool.. my mom has a Samsung.. boo!!

Nice phone. I want one.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-09-15 03:26 PM
    Your mom is cool.. my mom has a Samsung.. boo!!

Nice phone. I want one.
    Your mom is also cool, despite having a Samsung! All moms are cool!

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-10-15 02:52 AM
    I like the sim and sd card slots of the side much better than the plastic cover for the passport. I swear every time I remove it I kringe

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    01-10-15 03:02 AM
    I like the sim and sd card slots of the side much better than the plastic cover for the passport. I swear every time I remove it I kringe

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    This dude on CB broke his red one the first time he took it off. Think a lot of us kringe every time again!

01-10-15 03:12 AM
    Post pics.... of your mom

Jk.. lol. Did her classic come with a leather holster? / does every classic come with one?

:-)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 04:05 AM
    Post pics.... of your mom

Jk.. lol. Did her classic come with a leather holster? / does every classic come with one?

:-)

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately not!

01-10-15 04:07 AM