How long have you had the Passport? I have one and used it as my daily driver from Feb through June (when the 10.3.2 became available on my older Z10 I gave that a go for a few months) but I never really got used to the 3 row and or spacing and form factor. I went back to my Z30 @ August. I picked up the Classic on the Thanksgiving sale and I am not noticing any game changing "lag" and or transition changes. (note I don't game nor do I use many Android ported apps) For the time being and while you have the Classic I would research Slagman's helpful hints and give yourself a week or two with the four row, toolbelt and track pad. The Classic for me (only my opinion) wins hands down for form factor, best pkb ever and one handed use. Would I take the 3 GB Ram and 801 chip set in this form factor? Yes, however I don't feel it is truly necessary for BlackBerry 10 or the Classic. The form factor alone does it for me. Don't get me wrong as the Passport is a phenomenal device I just felt very odd when making calls and the form factor for a daily device.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    bigjman likes this.
    12-23-15 12:37 PM
    Jeezes, had to give y passport back at work (for repair/exchange as I lost the mobile network connection, no matter what I did) and at first was happ to finally being able to try out the classic, but boy am I dissapointed
    -captative keyboard: I keep swiping on it to delete words
    -three letter row muscle memory killing me. Now realise I actually really prefer the three rows on the PP vs the four on the classic
    -lag: the classic has sort of a constant lag, on anything I do. Mostly not annoying, but still, always noticeable
    -why is the screen so frickin' small?
    -totally not convinced by the trackpad, to unprecise (still a huge fan of the trackball--> missya buddy!)
    Hope to get my passport back, no matter if only repaired or if a new device
    Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    3-row muscle memory is bad since EVERY other device uses 4. Means if for any reason you need to use another device (such as your current situation) you'll feel awkward typing on that standard keyboard. It's my number 1 reason for not wanting a passport. I never want my muscle memory to be for something non-standard. Applies to other things in my life as well. I think those in the know will know what I'm talking about, but rather not spell it out...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-23-15 01:58 PM
    I've had my classic since June and honestly I feel like I made a mistake buying it. The keyboard is the only thing I really like about it. It crashes a lot. The speakers sometimes will lose sound. The lack of apps really does bother me! I always said that I don't need apps, but I really need them. Facebook and twitter app sucks, I need a bbva compass app, a kindle app would be nice as well. The apps on my phone crash too. The phone restarts randomly. It just has a lot of issues. I will stick it out with this phone though for at least a year.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 04:50 PM
    I've had my classic since June and honestly I feel like I made a mistake buying it. The keyboard is the only thing I really like about it. It crashes a lot. The speakers sometimes will lose sound. The lack of apps really does bother me! I always said that I don't need apps, but I really need them. Facebook and twitter app sucks, I need a bbva compass app, a kindle app would be nice as well. The apps on my phone crash too. The phone restarts randomly. It just has a lot of issues. I will stick it out with this phone though for at least a year.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.google.com.au/url?q=http:...GYeqURrKrrTnrg

This one here and don't update it etc

Q10
    This was from the Q10 thread. He even gave me a messenger app which works perfectly alongside this Facebook version. Just as long as you don't update.

 Blackberryist 
    12-26-15 07:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Weird. I've had mine since launch and never have any of those issues...

12-26-15 07:29 PM
    I have none of those issues as well. If I did I would return it.

12-26-15 07:45 PM
    The issues just started so I can't return it sadly

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 09:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also forgot to mention that when I try to play music on my phone it says the music file is not supported. I bought it on 7 digital and it's on the internal memory.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 09:41 PM
    I have never done it but have read good results of those using an "autoloader" to put a fresh install of the OS. You might consider that given the age. You should not have to accept or continue to use a device acting improperly. Had you tried hard resets holding down both volume keys until the white BlackBerry logo goes away?

12-26-15 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    For Facebook go into your browser and log on/in then "add it to your home screen. It will add a logo that appears just the same as the app. Use that and you will have all the functionality and usage as you would on iOS or Android. I think it actually beats the Android version on my Samsung tablets. The Twitter works ok for me but I know some on here really like Blaq or Twittley. I don't bother with a Kindle app as I don't read book length material on any of my BlackBerry's. (Passport, Z30 or Z10)

12-26-15 10:21 PM
    Also, if you need "apps" more than Amazon of BlackBerry World I recommend using Cobalt's method (search here) for the Google Play Store) It's 3 EASY steps. I did it on my Passport but have not bothered here on my Classic as I personally don't need anything additional. The only

12-26-15 10:30 PM
    I also forgot to mention that when I try to play music on my phone it says the music file is not supported. I bought it on 7 digital and it's on the internal memory.

Posted via CB10
    Again, had two Classics, one unlocked at launch, then now the AT&T one to get wireless charging. None of these issues with either. I say reload your OS...

12-27-15 07:13 AM
    Again, had two Classics, one unlocked at launch, then now the AT&T one to get wireless charging. None of these issues with either. I say reload your OS...

How do I reload the OS?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 08:53 AM
    How do I reload the OS?

Posted via CB10
    You can either do it through link, but that will only load the latest one pushed by your carrier, or you can download something called an "autoloader" from the leak forums here. I heard the latest version is really stable and nice. Is "official" version pushed by a british carrier.

Edit: But remember, that basically wipes your phone clean and fresh installs the OS. So any OS corruption that could be causing your issues should go away (except the facebook issues, that's just because BB's facebook app sucks...). So make sure to back up your contacts and texts/messages if you wish to keep them. I think it's better to only backup and restore your messages and contacts and do your apps from scratch, but you can try backing up and restoring everything. I doubt Link will backup something that will corrupt your OS...

12-27-15 02:10 PM
    Had the Classic and have to change to Passport, is other world...Classic was a failure for me

Sent from my Passport
    How was the Classic a failure for you, compared to the Passport?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 10:57 PM
    BlackBerry knew it was going to relegate BB10 to the circular file and had leftover processors from the Q10/Z10 debacle. Enter the Leap and the Classic. If your wondering why two new BlackBerry phones were released with the same specs as phones from two to three years ago...mystery solved!

Just a thought, but you have to ask...why would they release new phones with old specs? In a world where consumers are expecting better/faster...to release new phones with old processors makes zero sense.

BB10 is dead. Long live BB10!

Posted via Z10
    12-29-15 03:47 AM
    BlackBerry knew it was going to relegate BB10 to the circular file and had leftover processors from the Q10/Z10 debacle. Enter the Leap and the Classic. If your wondering why two new BlackBerry phones were released with the same specs as phones from two to three years ago...mystery solved!

Just a thought, but you have to ask...why would they release new phones with old specs? In a world where consumers are expecting better/faster...to release new phones with old processors makes zero sense.

BB10 is dead. Long live BB10!

Posted via Z10
    I thought OS10 simply don't need to use all those high core CPUs because it is already so efficiently fluid. Hence dual cores are enough to mainitain it's fluidity. Just my opinion.

 Blackberryist 
    12-29-15 06:33 AM
    I thought OS10 simply don't need to use all those high core CPUs because it is already so efficiently fluid. Hence dual cores are enough to mainitain it's fluidity. Just my opinion.

 Blackberryist 
    That's what I figured too. And also, if the faster CPU is not absolutely needed, the lower CPU has much better battery life I would presume.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Nightwing535; 12-29-15 at 06:47 PM.
    12-29-15 02:52 PM

 Blackberryist 
    Throwing more cores won't make something faster unless the OS was designed for it, but increasing the clock speed would. They could have put in Z30 internals which has a slightly faster CPU and a much faster GPU. Would still be a relatively low priced device to make and would definitely have made the Classic perform just a smidgen better... Would have been worth it...

idssteve and Nightwing535 like this.
    12-29-15 05:17 PM
    I agree about specs but coming from using my Z30 daily there are no operations that seems slower. (and I don't game) In fact with the tool belt, track pad and short cuts I actually find myself operating and moving around the OS quicker with my Classic. I guess the only way to know would be if and when a version 2 is ever released with say Passport internals. I also own a Passport and using the Classic does not seem drastically different or lessor. I prefer the 4 row and form factor of my Classic. And typing...... ooohhh..... nothing like it.

Avenzuno likes this.
    12-31-15 05:31 PM
    I agree about specs but coming from using my Z30 daily there are no operations that seems slower. (and I don't game) In fact with the tool belt, track pad and short cuts I actually find myself operating and moving around the OS quicker with my Classic. I guess the only way to know would be if and when a version 2 is ever released with say Passport internals. I also own a Passport and using the Classic does not seem drastically different or lessor. I prefer the 4 row and form factor of my Classic. And typing...... ooohhh..... nothing like it.

Yep, the full/standard keyboard is the only way to go for me.

12-31-15 06:40 PM
146 ... 456