I too at first was very frustrated with my classic. It would lag and the hub would freeze up. I had enough and migrated to a nexus 5, then that went to the wife then an iphone 6. Well the iphone had issues and had to go back and grabbed the old classic, put in the sim card, deleted the old info on a security wipe, did the new update and wow, for whatever reason she's a new phone. Fast and android apps work better, she's snappy and no issues at all. So I'm keeping her as my main phone. I use her all day, on spreadsheets, conferencing and gpd data. Couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve and Xenolock like this.
    11-01-15 12:20 PM
    I too at first was very frustrated with my classic. It would lag and the hub would freeze up. I had enough and migrated to a nexus 5, then that went to the wife then an iphone 6. Well the iphone had issues and had to go back and grabbed the old classic, put in the sim card, deleted the old info on a security wipe, did the new update and wow, for whatever reason she's a new phone. Fast and android apps work better, she's snappy and no issues at all. So I'm keeping her as my main phone. I use her all day, on spreadsheets, conferencing and gpd data. Couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10
    Which spreadsheet app are you using? Does it support inserting rows?

Also, just noticed, welcome aboard!
    Last edited by idssteve; 11-01-15 at 04:15 PM.
    11-01-15 01:34 PM
    We have found using the android app for ms products works well. Haven't used the native suite for much more than view, and usually I don't do much more than that.
    I think when I see posts on here that are negative it's because not all phones ecosystems can be all things to all people. To be honest if I change phones again due to need it will be a windows phone. For the nature of our business. It's works rather well. Yet I'm sure I'll hear how it's a dead os and on and on. It won't matter as long as it works for us and for now nothing works better than blackberry 10 with the accompanying android run time.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    11-02-15 10:02 AM
    I recently got a classic, from a passport, and you have valid points. I think this device is much more niche for business use. I do a lot of emails and phone calls, so the classic with its pkb and form is best for me. Would I be more pleased if the classic had better processor and be able to integrate google services? Yes. But for what it is, as a business tool, works perfectly.
    idssteve likes this.
    11-02-15 09:05 PM
    I love my Classic. Love, however, being defined as a mechanism of endearment for attributes we would otherwise find irritating. My wife of 31 years (she deserves Sainthood!!) reminds me at every opportunity. Lol.

I couldn't decide where, or if, to post this but was chided by a respected (and loved ) coworker for posting this in the 9900 forum and not in the Classic forum. "Ma" never fails to correct any possible ethical transgressions. Invaluable guidance my crew leans on daily. I'll leave it to mods to put this elsewhere, if appropriate.

Long story, i'd resolved to transition from 9900 Calendar to Classic's starting 2016. In a "preliminary pre-planning" meeting, last Sunday, i'd set up Classic for Miracast on the conference room's 99" display. The first date discussed was January 2, 2016. Scrolling to that date on my Classic presented the image below. Since no one was looking at the display anyway, I quietly set my Classic in a Qi cradle, pulled out my 99 and got the job entered. Our IT guy, who really hates that my crew still carries some 9900s, said: "you've gotta leave the stone age behind someday, Steve". I nodded toward the display & asked: " what date and year are we discussing??...".

He was dumb struck. Everyone at that table just shook their head. My company routinely configures industrial HMI. Most at that table had experience programming calendars (with punchcards! Lol) as homework back in college Fortran class. Just a few glances around the table and we continued getting the job done.

I really like using a separate device for Calendar, and other, functions while conversing on my Classic, etc. Two devices make perfect sense, imo, so I feel no need to complain about Classic's native Calendar. Just posting this to keep "Ma" happy.

Note that Januray 2, 2016 is selected. The entire month of December 2015 is displayed. The page is titled "November 2015.
    "... which date and year are we discussing? ..."
    My long negative review of the Classic-img_20151101_141228.png
    11-03-15 02:09 AM
    I love my Classic. Love, however, being defined as a mechanism of endearment for attributes we would otherwise find irritating. My wife of 31 years (she deserves Sainthood!!) reminds me at every opportunity. Lol.

I couldn't decide where, or if, to post this but was chided by a respected (and loved ) coworker for posting this in the 9900 forum and not in the Classic forum. "Ma" never fails to correct any possible ethical transgressions. Invaluable guidance my crew leans on daily. I'll leave it to mods to put this elsewhere, if appropriate.

Long story, i'd resolved to transition from 9900 Calendar to Classic's starting 2016. In a "preliminary pre-planning" meeting, last Sunday, i'd set up Classic for Miracast on the conference room's 99" display. The first date discussed was January 2, 2016. Scrolling to that date on my Classic presented the image below. Since no one was looking at the display anyway, I quietly set my Classic in a Qi cradle, pulled out my 99 and got the job entered. Our IT guy, who really hates that my crew still carries some 9900s, said: "you've gotta leave the stone age behind someday, Steve". I nodded toward the display & asked: " what date and year are we discussing??...".

He was dumb struck. Everyone at that table just shook their head. My company routinely configures industrial HMI. Most at that table had experience programming calendars (with punchcards! Lol) as homework back in college Fortran class. Just a few glances around the table and we continued getting the job done.

I really like using a separate device for Calendar, and other, functions while conversing on my Classic, etc. Two devices make perfect sense, imo, so I feel no need to complain about Classic's native Calendar. Just posting this to keep "Ma" happy.

Note that Januray 2, 2016 is selected. The entire month of December 2015 is displayed. The page is titled "November 2015.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151101_141228.png 
Views:	1882 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	378698
    Since we're in the month of November, go back and pull up events from September.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:25 AM
    So I have question:
    When the phone rings does the on screen "Answer" still cover the caller ID, like it does with OS10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:40 PM
    I have a single question : "why my Classic get a better battery life ??" I use it as usual but since a week, I don't think about pluging it before sleeping and still can use it the morning at work. 30h now..
    My long negative review of the Classic-img_20151107_102533.png

I like that.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:32 AM
    I have a single question : "why my Classic get a better battery life ??" I use it as usual but since a week, I don't think about pluging it before sleeping and still can use it the morning at work. 30h now..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151107_102533.png 
Views:	1473 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	379391

I like that.

Posted via CB10
    Our Classic's Paratek antenna, modest specs and generous battery capacity combine to provide impressive endurance. .

That generous battery also adds weight. Possibly more weight than necessary, in your case, but you obviously don't mind.
    11-07-15 04:02 AM
    I like to have more than a day with this phone. The thing is that I didn't change anything about my daily usage. Maybe.. I plugged it for the last week with the official outlet. The bigger battery worth the weight. I just miss the capacitive keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:29 PM
    I agree, they should have released the Classic with Passport internals. Here's to Classic 2 with that, as Passport parts would have been cheap by then. I didn't use many Android apps in the end, as I ran other devices anyway.
    I'm 100% with you!
    The Classic itself is the device I have been waiting for since OS10 launched!

But a "real Bold 2016" with high-end specs. would be mind blowing!

The only thing I expect from my Classic right now is to be my work horse - which it mainly does! -not bad and with no (good) surprises! It's just "mid range".

People who say that physical keyboards are "obsolete" are wrong!

BlackBerry just forgot what a Bold 9000 stood for and what it meant for people: to feel the leather back, to have a screen that was crip and clear for it's time (to be honest: The one from the Classic does it's job - but it's just ok), having a high-end chipset etc.

Sure some say "there for is a Passport" - but no, the Passport is a class of it's own!
    Not to be compared with an Bold 9000 or 9900.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:18 PM
    I switched to todoist apk. It's as slow as calendar but at least it's reliable. I hate carrying 2 phones with me.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 02:11 AM
    The classic is perfect.

Everybody knows that it is a better Q10 so... why complaining if it is slow and so on??

When I bought my first Classic I had a 9900 and a Q10 and I knew perfectly what I could expect from the Classic.

It has BB10, toolbelt and a nice battery, it is a device made for 9900 users.

For work, the Classic is the best BlackBerry 10 device.

Regards
    I have a Q10 and I'm using a Classic right now, because I have 30 days to make up my mind.
    I'm definitely faster on the Q10 and I changed back to OS10.2.1. And the Classic has some lag time to it.
    I like the size and bigger screen of the Classic but it just doesn't have any other advantage over the Q10.
    I'm on the edge of returning the Classic and trying out the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 08:31 PM
    I have a Q10 and I'm using a Classic right now, because I have 30 days to make up my mind.
    I'm definitely faster on the Q10 and I changed back to OS10.2.1. And the Classic has some lag time to it.
    I like the size and bigger screen of the Classic but it just doesn't have any other advantage over the Q10.
    I'm on the edge of returning the Classic and trying out the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    30 days to make up your mind? Where did you get your Classic from?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:54 PM
    Shop BlackBerry. 30 day money back guarantee. I prefer the for factor of the Classic over the Passport. Both are really good devices. I just prefer the physical size and keyboard of the Classic. Only a week in but it's plenty fast enough and handles my God awful email load with aplomb. (@1500 emails per week)

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-10-15 09:57 PM
    Here is my opinion on the 7 month experience with BlackBerry Classic. TL;DR: OS 10 is buggy, the Classic is slow, BB sucks as a consumer brand, but the keyboard is good.

I�ve used Nokia E71 -> iPhone 4 -> Nexus 5 -> Classic.
    Non-native apps that I currently use: Telegram, Google Maps, Simplenote, Reddit in Motion, Spotify, banking, CB10, Whatsapp, Evernote, LinkedIn.

Speed: the Classic isn�t very slow, but compared to other high-end devices, released even prior to it (such as the iPhone 5s or the Nexus 5), it�s definitely slower.

Apps: few quality native apps. Android apps usually take a toll on battery life and obviously don�t work as well as they do on Android phones. When I made the switch, I had to drop some of the productivity apps I used on the N5, because they were unusable under Android runtime or unavailable on BB World. I actually changed my workflow to adapt it to BB apps.

Every OS developer should understand, that without solid native apps for those 10-20 popular apps like Facebook, instagram, Youtube (LOL the native �app�), the platform won�t survive.

Camera: mediocre

Keyboard: the strong case for a BB. It worked good for me, just a few double typing issues here and there, depending on OS version.

BBM: surprisingly it's slower on BB than on Android or iOS
    • cross-platform delivery and notifications for push messages work better with WhatsApp and Telegram.
    • end-to-end encryption only for enterprises and only in a few �select� countries. We don�t know how secure it is, considering the code didn�t go through a formal review. It scored 1 out of 7 on EFF�s scorecard. From what I understand, all standard chats can be decripted with 1 master key.
    • ads (no ads in iMessage or Messages from Google). I paid for the device so I expect their factory installed apps to be ad free, no matter the degree of intrusiveness, ad source or content.

The Hub: it�s very cool, besides the keyboard it was the other reason why I bought BB. But it gets slow with more than 3 e-mail accounts or keeping messages older than 1 month.

Accessories and build quality:
    • the phone looks good, feels good.
    • the leather pouch is stupid tight. I dropped the phone struggling to get it out. I put stuff in it to loosen up.
    • connected a pebble time and it halved the watch�s battery life. The experience is ok-ish.

Bugs and stuff that bothered me a lot:
    • contact names were frequently displayed only after I answered (found a workaround but it still happens sometimes)
    • 4 steps necessary to edit a contact from the "phone" app
    • the phone returns to the call screen, interrupting what I was doing, when a call activates or ends
    • the �end call� button doesn�t work outside the call screen. If the phone has a dedicated hardware button for answering/ending calls, it should work no matter what menu I'm in
    • frequent shutdowns in my pocket when I would sit down (and no, I will not change my jeans because this is the only phone that does this)
    • small e-mail font that can be changed only if you change the default system font
    • calendar unintuitive and inconsistent. I use it on a daily basis and I still add appointments on wrong days
    • evernote and Remember sync is a joke
    • smaller, unlit trackpad
    • I can wake the dead when I dial a number
    • too many hours wasted on looking for solutions and workarounds

The desktop software suite: there are 2 apps insead of 1 for some reason. The mac version has reduced functionality and blend is slow.

Security and privacy: without an enterprise account, in general, BB is as secure as iOS and Android. We know that Google is selling our data, but we have no idea what BB does; we know about this as much as we do about iOS. Should I trust BB with my data considering BBM now has ads?

All things considered, this phone is not very productive due to its speed, app availability, inconsistencies and bugs in the UI. The OS is not mature and it never will be considering BB�s latest decisions. The CORE apps such as dialer, e-mail, bbm, calendar, are lacking features and are bugged. It�s a 2014 phone with 2013 specs and 2012 performance.

Why BlackBerry sucks as a consumer brand:

My dad replaced his Torch once due to bluetooth issues and the Q10 twice due to double typing. The Q10 is the only phone in the family that doesn�t connect to his car�s bluetooth.

My gf replaced her 9900 twice due to camera issues. Lots of battery pulls and crashes. Her Classic and my Classic feel different (bought 4 months apart, from different vendors). The keyboards and the plastic back don�t have the same feel, but OS bugs are consistent.

BB basically went with a half-baked OS 10, which at launch didn�t have the same features as the old OS, we all hoped that it will mature due to its potential, it didn�t and it never will, because they are clearly switching to Android. From a consumer perspective, the brand is unreliable.

I�m looking forward to the Priv (what a glorious name), not because it�s a BB phone, but because it�s a an android phone with goods specs and has a BB keyboard and hub.
    What do you mean that the keyboards feel different?

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    12-10-15 11:16 PM
    I think the Classic I a really good phone. After buying this Phone I know I will never go for apple, android or Windows

Posted via CB10
    AustinStm likes this.
    12-11-15 07:00 AM
    What do you mean that the keyboards feel different?

Posted via CB10
    I mean they don't feel the same when pressed. Mine are a bit softer but feel more robust. Don't know how to describe this exactly. They don't feel defective, just slighly different.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 11:39 AM
    I think the Classic I a really good phone. After buying this Phone I know I will never go for apple, android or Windows

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's how I felt the first few months too. I'm on a Passport now but I think I'll go back to the Classic. The Passport's form is too weird for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 11:41 AM
    30 days to make up your mind? Where did you get your Classic from?

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 05:54 PM
    The past month i've tried a passport and now i'm on a PRIV. Without a doubt, the Classic has the best pkb of them all, easiest to carry around and type one handed.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-22-15 05:17 AM
    Shop BlackBerry. 30 day money back guarantee. I prefer the for factor of the Classic over the Passport. Both are really good devices. I just prefer the physical size and keyboard of the Classic. Only a week in but it's plenty fast enough and handles my God awful email load with aplomb. (@1500 emails per week)

You are a busy bee lol

That's a lot of emails!!!! Even when I worked in the corporate world I don't think I ever hit 1500 in a week!

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-22-15 09:24 AM
    Yeah it's nuts. My wife and I own and operate a very successful appraisal company across multiple states. We interface with our insurance clients for assignments, all the adjusters on those assignments and our appraiser network. In addition to personal work email, personal email and a Gmail account that acts as a back up for our Web assignments. It's a Catch 22 as it's a lot to manage but it also means we are doing something right and are blessed to be busy and prosperous.

I have looked at other mobile devices and for my/our needs there is NOTHING on market like BlackBerry and the HUB. And Blend works flawlessly on our Samsung tablets. To me BlackBerry is grossly underrated. ;o)

schlemer likes this.
    12-22-15 12:53 PM
    Yeah it's nuts. My wife and I own and operate a very successful appraisal company across multiple states. We interface with our insurance clients for assignments, all the adjusters on those assignments and our appraiser network. In addition to personal work email, personal email and a Gmail account that acts as a back up for our Web assignments. It's a Catch 22 as it's a lot to manage but it also means we are doing something right and are blessed to be busy and prosperous.

I have looked at other mobile devices and for my/our needs there is NOTHING on market like BlackBerry and the HUB. And Blend works flawlessly on our Samsung tablets. To me BlackBerry is grossly underrated. ;o)

I love blend. I can leave my phone at home and connect from my laptop or iPad. One less thing to carry in a pocket when I'm at school.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    12-22-15 10:48 PM
    Jeezes, had to give y passport back at work (for repair/exchange as I lost the mobile network connection, no matter what I did) and at first was happ to finally being able to try out the classic, but boy am I dissapointed
    -captative keyboard: I keep swiping on it to delete words
    -three letter row muscle memory killing me. Now realise I actually really prefer the three rows on the PP vs the four on the classic
    -lag: the classic has sort of a constant lag, on anything I do. Mostly not annoying, but still, always noticeable
    -why is the screen so frickin' small?
    -totally not convinced by the trackpad, to unprecise (still a huge fan of the trackball--> missya buddy!)
    Hope to get my passport back, no matter if only repaired or if a new device
    Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 12:31 AM
146 ... 3456