I received my Classic a couple of days ago. I was initially very excited to get my hands on one, but the excitement turned into disappointment fairly quickly. Here is a quick rundown of why:

1. As reported by a few people in other threads, there are gaps between the keys and also between the toolbelt and the screen. I first noticed it when typing at night, when I noticed the keyboard back light was coming through the gaps. But after close inspection, I could even see the gaps in daylight. Pretty poor quality assembly control, if you ask me. Feels cheap just because of that.

2. The back cover grip is okay, but feels more plasticy than I had expected. Between this and the gaps mentioned above, the general feeling I get is that it is a cheaply made phone, even though it feels heavy and sturdy. My Q10 feels to be of a much higher quality, overall.

3. The battery has been horrible the first couple of days. Yes, I know, I should let it settle for a few days, but I then noticed it was from the Blend (see the attached screen shot). I have disconnected Blend altogether, so, I am hoping the problem is solved. I understand that this might be a software issue, but nonetheless, it is happening on the Classic.

On a positive note, the feel of the keyboard is great, and I can type much faster on it than my Q10. The screen is also descent and a good size. But, I just can't overlook the cheap feeling mentioned above.

My gripes about Classic!-img_20150119_221706.png
    jlsr likes this.
    01-20-15 09:32 AM
    I have a Z10 and the Battery use to only last me five or six hours...

But now I can go for over 24 hours..

The secrete was to buy a tablet! Hardly use my Z10 for anything but phone calls or a few emails when I'm not in Wi-Fi range. Fixed both the App Gap and Battery issue with one simple purchase.

Your Classic is new, and you are probably using it more right now than you did your older phone.... or you will two months from now.
    01-20-15 09:42 AM
    My phone is nothing like you describe. Maybe you got some alien clone version LOL.
    01-20-15 12:18 PM
    I thought the same when I received mine last week. Gaps were horrendous like I could see the connections between the tool belt and screen. The light bleed too. It's too bad because I couldn't keep something like that. I might try to order another direct from BlackBerry later and see if improved, but I've been reading complaints from others as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:37 PM
    My phone is nothing like you describe. Maybe you got some alien clone version LOL.
    You want to trade? :-)
    01-20-15 12:53 PM
    I see you have posted this on a lot of topics, so I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here:

Regarding the keyboard light bleed, I kind of have to agree. Especially compared to the Q10, where little to none light bleed is visible, the Classic shows some of it. However at least on my version it is not something I'd consider as being horrible. The first row of keys shows more bleed than the others, which are almost fine.
    Personally the better overall keyboard more than makes up for the bit light bleeding.

As for the back of the device, I have to agree. I'm just using my Q10 to write this and I have to say the back of the Q looks and feels nicer than the Classic's behind. It even offers a better grip IMO. Both phones are well done, however I do not really see why the Classic should be more premium, as it is advetised by BB. Both are well done.

Your battery really, really needs to be checked. I'm using the Classic now since ten days as my daily driver and can positively say battery life is slightly better than the Q10. No comparison to the Passport of course, but in any case it should at the very least equal the Q10 in most cases.
    There seem to be a problem related to BB Blend, since I haven't used Blend, I can't really comment on what's going on. I might try to reboot the device, maybe delete and reinstall Blend.
    This is more or less a software related problem which could also happen on a Q10 running 10.3.1 and Blend.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-20-15 01:20 PM
    I see you have posted this on a lot of topics, so I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here:
    Yes, sorry about that, but that just shows how disappointed I am in this thing, and I was so excited about it since pre-ordering it in November. I have liked all previous BB10 devices that I have had (Z10, Z30, Q10), even the Z10 which has not been considered by many to be the best device (I really liked it). But, the gaps in the Classic keyboard is just unacceptable from a quality standpoint, although I must admit that typing on it is a joy (the best BB10 keyboard so far IMO). See, I wanted this phone to be the perfect phone, so perfect that I put away all the other ones and just use this one. And no matter which BB device I have used through the years, I have always bragged about the quality of these phones to friends and family, but unfortunately won't be able to do it with this one.
    01-20-15 02:31 PM
    Stop complaining just use it.

From Classic
    01-20-15 02:41 PM
    I think they are all valid complaints! I love BlackBerry so much and did really want to give up my Passport for the Classic, but not with that build quality...No way. I am even considering to get a Q10 now thinking that they resolved the keyboard issue and be happy there!
    NYTOC83 and Q10Bold like this.
    01-20-15 02:58 PM
    I believe every classic out there has this light bleeding keyboard
    Some might have more some less
    Mine has also a little bit ,but it's ok in my opinion not so bad
    If you can please take a photo of your keyboard showing the problem
    Thank you

From My Sexy Classic...
    01-20-15 02:59 PM
    My gripes about Classic!-img_20150120_125219.png
    My gripes about Classic!-img_20150120_125239.png

Don't know why Blend is using so much of "your" RAM. My usable RAM usually runs near 50%. I clean and optimize 2-3x a day.

Today I found my phone freezing up, but it was not the phone. My router needed to be reset. Restarted phone and everything is good.

On my 9900 I would have pulled or changed the battery 2-3x

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:02 PM

From Classic
    I don't promise to stop complaining, but I will continue to use the phone. I will use it at home for typing emails and stuff (its keyboard has a good feel to it), but will use my Q10 as the daily driver outside.
    Q10Bold and BerryRipe like this.
    01-20-15 03:57 PM
    If people didn't complain BB wouldn't know what to fix or how to help you.
    01-20-15 04:25 PM

From Classic
    Wow, that was useful!
    01-20-15 04:29 PM
    I think you need to replace your device asap you you loose your exchange window time cause problems you have described up here, none of them I have at all. You definitely have defective device. Invest your money on something which last you longer than you think.

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1450 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 05:48 PM
    Now that you have used classic and z30, do toy think that moving from a z30 to a Classic you feel it lags and has essential power. I am planning to move to a Classic and currently have a z30.

#PoweredByBlackBerry [STA100-5 Z30]
    01-20-15 06:00 PM
    Now that you have used classic and z30, do toy think that moving from a z30 to a Classic you feel it lags and has essential power. I am planning to move to a Classic and currently have a z30.

#PoweredByBlackBerry [STA100-5 Z30]
    I have always admired the quality of the Z30. It has been (still is) a great device. If the physical keyboard is not a must for you, I don't think you will gain much by moving to the Classic.
    01-20-15 06:33 PM
    If you can please take a photo of your keyboard showing the problem
    Thank you
    Here you go. I wish I had a macro lens to get better close-up pictures, but I think you can still see the openings where the light comes through. In one picture you will see the gap between the toolbelt and the screen, while the other one shows more of the problem around the keys. The gaps are all over, and with each tilt of the phone some become more visible than the others.

By the way, in case you are wondering, the screen in the first picture is not cracked. It's actually a wallpaper from Ziro which I got from one of his recent threads. I took the second picture with a black wallpaper to show the screen is not cracked!

My gripes about Classic!-classic-light-bleed.jpg
    My gripes about Classic!-classic-light-bleed-2.jpg
    01-20-15 06:56 PM
    That's bad....its not visible on my set. u should be thinking to get it exchanged soon!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 07:17 PM
    That's exactly the same gap I had (returned). Couldn't stand it and could also feel the edge of the screen when gesturing up. Sent Back to BlackBerry and since some don't have that, think I will try ordering another soon but will wait a bit hoping they iron out production issues (if they even know there is any!).

I lost the $14 shipping to me and $28 to send back to DR though

I'll order next on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-20-15 08:00 PM
    Classic is noticeably laggy-er than the passport. It needs to be as snappy as the passport.
    01-20-15 08:18 PM
    Yes send it back.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:30 PM
    Can someone show what is meant by "gaps?" pictures would be great.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:41 PM
    Can someone show what is meant by "gaps?" pictures would be great.

Posted via CB10
    Look at the first picture in Post #18, the horizontal line above the track pad, separating the toolbelt from the screen.
    01-20-15 09:47 PM
    Yep, that is a big gap. I don't have that gap. You need to return it

From Classic
    Superfly_FR and Mr4aces like this.
    01-20-15 10:35 PM
65 123