Hi,

I just wanted to give a brief overview of my experience with Android Whatsapp on my Classic. I installed it because I started to have some issues with stock wa and wanted to test how the android version works in comparison.

- How and what did I install:
    I have the Google Playstore on my Classic and could get Whatsapp from there. After finding out the problem with sending pictures I also installed WAA fixer.

- How does it work:
    Overall wa does work as expected. I was able to sent messages to people and groups including pictures (thanks to WAA fixer). It gives you all the usability of wa. I also tested video calls with my wife (Priv) and it worked well.

Problems are:
    * typing is not as nice and fluent as on stock wa in my opinion

* overall experience is a bit sluggish

* I can change the message tone...but somehow I only hear the end of it when a message arrives. I have the classic 'sanguine' tone for messages, and I never get it played nice and full. it's like until android wa has found the tune the time is already up.

* I sometimes get messages sent to me only when I enter wa and/or the conversation. This for me was the most annoying thing as it make receiving messages a tad unreliable.

Conclusion:
    At the moment the disadvantages of using android wa are greater then my issues with the stock version. Android wa does give an alternative after the shutdown of the stock version...it does not give the same user experience though, and is IMHO not a equal replacement (how should it!). Android wa has one advantage: you will be able to have video calls to Android users.

I have re-installed stock wa, and am happy to hear a clear and crisp sanguine message tone after weeks.....

CB10 on my Classic
    05-14-17 01:41 PM
    May as well use the stock version until the bitter end I guess.
    05-14-17 01:48 PM
    May as well use the stock version until the bitter end I guess.
    That's what I am gonna do

CB10 on my Classic
    05-14-17 01:57 PM
    Hi,

I just wanted to give a brief overview of my experience with Android Whatsapp on my Classic. I installed it because I started to have some issues with stock wa and wanted to test how the android version works in comparison.

- How and what did I install:
    I have the Google Playstore on my Classic and could get Whatsapp from there. After finding out the problem with sending pictures I also installed WAA fixer.

- How does it work:
    Overall wa does work as expected. I was able to sent messages to people and groups including pictures (thanks to WAA fixer). It gives you all the usability of wa. I also tested video calls with my wife (Priv) and it worked well.

Problems are:
    * typing is not as nice and fluent as on stock wa in my opinion

* overall experience is a bit sluggish

* I can change the message tone...but somehow I only hear the end of it when a message arrives. I have the classic 'sanguine' tone for messages, and I never get it played nice and full. it's like until android wa has found the tune the time is already up.

* I sometimes get messages sent to me only when I enter wa and/or the conversation. This for me was the most annoying thing as it make receiving messages a tad unreliable.

Conclusion:
    At the moment the disadvantages of using android wa are greater then my issues with the stock version. Android wa does give an alternative after the shutdown of the stock version...it does not give the same user experience though, and is IMHO not a equal replacement (how should it!). Android wa has one advantage: you will be able to have video calls to Android users.

I have re-installed stock wa, and am happy to hear a clear and crisp sanguine message tone after weeks.....

CB10 on my Classic
    May I ask where you got the WAA Fixer application/patch from? I'm using Android Whatsapp version as well, but am not able to send images. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 08:19 AM
    May I ask where you got the WAA Fixer application/patch from? I'm using Android Whatsapp version as well, but am not able to send images. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Hi there.

As I remember I got the wa fixer via the following forum thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/

You need to install a bar file on your BlackBerry

CB10 on my Classic
    05-15-17 12:25 PM
    Hi there.

As I remember I got the wa fixer via the following forum thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/

You need to install a bar file on your BlackBerry

CB10 on my Classic