Same thing happened to mine when it was first shipped. But now I have great battery life.

The key was to let it drain right down to nothing. This took many hours at 0% before it died. I then charged it up fully. Now the battery is a champ! Works well and I can almost get 2 full days with regular use.

Posted via CB10
    Alright I'm gonna do this

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:05 AM
    It's the McDonald's app.

Delete
    wojt7 likes this.
    01-02-15 08:27 AM
    I got my classic on the Thursday after it was released. I activated it on the Friday and left Canada with it on the Saturday.

The first week of use the battery wasn't that great but now at the end of the second week it is getting longer and longer between charges.

I'm using it a lot on WiFi only: emails on 4 accounts, BBM , Internet browsing, downloading and streaming of video and books and documents and of course Facebook. And updating my apps to make sure they work. Some don't!

I did let the battery drain down at Christmas - it took more 24 hours to do so. By the way the battery charges really fast.

I'm looking forward to see what happens when I return home next week.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    01-02-15 08:58 AM
    Delete McDonald's crap. Enjoy your new leaner phone, also with better battery life.
    01-03-15 05:48 AM
    I let the battery drain all the way and charging It back up... will report back here how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:42 PM
    Phone is great other than two major issues which are show stoppers for me personally. I'm hoping this is just a software glitch which can be fixed in the next 10.3 OS release, otherwise I will switch back from the new Classic back to my reliable Q10 which had no issues using 10.2 OS.

Problem #1: Keyboard backlight stops working about 10 minutes after each phone reboot. Light sensors seem to work initially after reboot but then fail all BBVE tests. I've run the BBVE tests multiple times to verify the issue.

Problem #2: May or may not be related indirectly to first problem but battery drain is way too quick. I've tried numerous settings and configurations with and without Airplane mode on/off and I've concluded the phone lasts only about 6 hours when no applications are running in the background other than the standard system features. Phone is also on lowest display brightness setting so something. The "system" process is the largest CPU and battery consumer by far during this battery drain.

Bummed out right now with the BB classic. If these two things can be resolved, the other features are still excellent and worth the switch. Back to my Q10 in the meantime waiting on feedback from BlackBerryHelp
    01-03-15 08:22 PM
    Phone is great other than two major issues which are show stoppers for me personally. I'm hoping this is just a software glitch which can be fixed in the next 10.3 OS release, otherwise I will switch back from the new Classic back to my reliable Q10 which had no issues using 10.2 OS.

Problem #1: Keyboard backlight stops working about 10 minutes after each phone reboot. Light sensors seem to work initially after reboot but then fail all BBVE tests. I've run the BBVE tests multiple times to verify the issue.

Problem #2: May or may not be related indirectly to first problem but battery drain is way too quick. I've tried numerous settings and configurations with and without Airplane mode on/off and I've concluded the phone lasts only about 6 hours when no applications are running in the background other than the standard system features. Phone is also on lowest display brightness setting so something. The "system" process is the largest CPU and battery consumer by far during this battery drain.

Bummed out right now with the BB classic. If these two things can be resolved, the other features are still excellent and worth the switch. Back to my Q10 in the meantime waiting on feedback from BlackBerryHelp
    Battery wait at least one week....in the meantimes drain your battery to zero then charge it

backlight: it turn on each time you unlock the phone...Now does it switch off while playing with for 10 min?
    01-03-15 09:39 PM
    McDonald's gave your Classic cancer.

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    01-03-15 09:41 PM
    Things have improved a bit since the complete drain and recharge. Now the backlight issue is totally working fine for my keyboard. The classic charges very quickly from me in around 90 minutes from nearly 0 which is great. I plan on not letting my battery run too low going forward due to the nature of the way lit-ion batteries work. The phone is only losing about 10 percent every hour at the moment which is much better than before but not great. It's only 3 days old so I'll give it another week of regular use and see if things improve too. Thanks for the tips.
    01-03-15 11:58 PM
    Things have improved a bit since the complete drain and recharge. Now the backlight issue is totally working fine for my keyboard. The classic charges very quickly from me in around 90 minutes from nearly 0 which is great. I plan on not letting my battery run too low going forward due to the nature of the way lit-ion batteries work. The phone is only losing about 10 percent every hour at the moment which is much better than before but not great. It's only 3 days old so I'll give it another week of regular use and see if things improve too. Thanks for the tips.
    90 minutes is very sweet u charge in on airplane mode? Using the stock charger?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    01-04-15 09:09 AM
    Looks like the drain and battery really helped... now my battery is behaving normal so far!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:39 AM
    Everything working good now battery is great!!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:19 PM
    Mine takes more than 3 hours to charge from 10% to 100% using the stock charger. Is this normal?
    01-11-15 12:14 AM
    I reckon its the McDonalds app. Bound to slow anyone down
    01-11-15 10:26 AM
    Turn OFF GPS position, it drains your battery.

Posted by khanium
    01-11-15 11:29 AM
    Turn off Link, Blend and Protect. At least for me this turned out to extend battery life dramatically to about 2 to 3 days of normal usage.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 01:19 PM
    It's the McDonald's app.

Delete
    Some super-sized battery hunger ...?

;-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-11-15 07:10 PM
42 12