My classic has taken a full bath and I didn't notice for a couple of minutes.

Then, I have taken this out. And it's dead. I kept in rice for an hour and plugged charger. It was only blinking through led. Lost my hopes.

On next day I have tried turning it on and it surprisingly it came up. I was very happy. But unfortunately I found touch, camera and keyboard backlight was not working.

I have just used like that by using trackpad. After 10 hours of use, I found keyboard backlight started working and part of touch was also working. And I have found touch is 100% working after full restart.

Can't believe, my classic is working agin. I lost hopes when it was taken full bath but it is surprisingly functioning. Great build quality.

>>Life is good with Blackberry Classic!
    Last edited by babugaru1; 11-22-19 at 06:54 AM.
    11-21-19 11:12 PM
    My classic has taken a full bath and I didn't not notice for a couple of minutes.

Then, I have taken this out. And it's dead. I kept in rice for an hour and plugged charger. It was only blinking through led. Lost my hopes.

On next day I have tried turning it on and it surprisingly it came up. I was very happy. But unfortunately I found touch, camera and keyboard backlight was not working.

I have just used like that by using trackpad. After 10 hours of use, I found keyboard backlight started working and part of touch was also working. And I have found touch is 100% working after full restart.

Can't believe, my classic is working agin. I lost hopes when it was taken full bath but it is surprisingly functioning. Great build quality.

>>Life is good with Blackberry Classic!
    You should keep it under the rice for at least one day, not one hour....
    11-22-19 12:10 AM
    You should do a backup of all your data now while it's working, just in case it stops again.

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    the_boon likes this.
    11-22-19 02:56 AM
    You seem to have lots of problems with all of your electronics. Good luck!!!
    11-22-19 06:55 AM
    lots of times the real death occurs later. Circuitry rusts and fails. So yes certainly more frequent backups would be advised
    11-22-19 07:22 AM
    It's not showing any signs of problems so far.. I think all is well with my phone!

>>Classic is magic!
    11-22-19 08:26 AM
    It's not showing any signs of problems so far.. I think all is well with my phone!

>>Classic is magic!
    Don't leave it to chance, back it up NOW, or you may be sorry later!

11-22-19 09:14 AM
    Agree, I've had two phone that took "baths".... Just because it seems to be good now, doesn't mean it will be a month from now.

A good cleaning with an electronics clearer might save it.... if you dissemble it and clean each component and cable connection.
    11-22-19 09:28 AM

>>Classic is magic!
    The device is not waterproof. If your Classic took a full bath as described, it’s damaged and you don’t really know how much or when you could have problems. As others have stated, back everything up. It will operate until the original liquid contact eventually leads to rust or corrosion at some point.
    11-22-19 10:13 AM

Yup, taken the backup already. On safe side!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-22-19 10:46 AM
    The device is not waterproof. If your Classic took a full bath as described, it’s damaged and you don’t really know how much or when you could have problems. As others have stated, back everything up. It will operate until the original liquid contact eventually leads to rust or corrosion at some point.
    OK, I have taken back up. I really don't mean classic is waterproof.

But I'm sure nothing happened to my phone as things got better from the worst unlike my q10 which had taken complete bath and gone permanently.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. Let us see how it goes.

>>Classic is magic!
    11-22-19 10:52 AM
    Agree, I've had two phone that took "baths".... Just because it seems to be good now, doesn't mean it will be a month from now.

A good cleaning with an electronics clearer might save it.... if you dissemble it and clean each component and cable connection.
    If don't know hardware and never disassemble any phone. If I do that, it will be definitely damaged. I can't also taken to service centre as it doesn't exist in my city.

I just wanna to use as long as it will survive but I believe everything is alright.

>>Classic is magic!
    11-22-19 10:59 AM
    If don't know hardware and never disassemble any phone. If I do that, it will be definitely damaged. I can't also take this to service centre as it doesn't exist in my city.

I just wanna to use as long as it will survive but I believe everything is alright.

>>Classic is magic!

>>Classic is magic!
    11-22-19 11:20 AM
    If don't know hardware and never disassemble any phone. If I do that, it will be definitely damaged. I can't also taken to service centre as it doesn't exist in my city.

>>Classic is magic!
    Won't hurt to at least keep your backups up to data.... just in case it's not magic. Because it isn't waterproof.

What kinda of water it fell into would also determine the "odds".... water itself isn't too bad, it's the chemical in the water that cause the issues. Dunk it a glass of distilled water, you might be fine. Dunk in a glass of treated City water full of a number of chemical, with some Mr Bubble for your bath....
    11-22-19 11:26 AM

+100000! My phone went into a bootloop yesterday. Today it's fine but the first thing I did was backup EVERYTHING. You can never be too careful.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-19 12:26 PM
    Won't hurt to at least keep your backups up to data.... just in case it's not magic. Because it isn't waterproof.

What kinda of water it fell into would also determine the "odds".... water itself isn't too bad, it's the chemical in the water that cause the issues. Dunk it a glass of distilled water, you might be fine. Dunk in a glass of treated City water full of a number of chemical, with some Mr Bubble for your bath....
    It didn't fall into a glass of distilled water, unfortunately it fell into a bucket of hard water

>>Classic is magic!
    11-22-19 01:15 PM
    unfortunately it fell into a bucket of hard water
    So...ice ?
    11-22-19 01:23 PM
    So...ice ?
    This made me spit my coffee out! Lmao.

11-22-19 01:39 PM
    So...ice ?
    Haha!

FYI,

Hard water is water that has high mineral content (in contrast with "soft water"). Hard water is formed when water percolates through deposits of limestone, chalk or gypsum which are largely made up of calcium and magnesium carbonates, bicarbonates and sulfates.

>>Classic is magic!
    11-22-19 01:53 PM
    Great news !!! Unfortunately my Classic doesn' t work, even with less water -(((
    11-22-19 03:15 PM

>>Classic is magic!
    I'd still turn it off immediately and put it in a sealed bag of rice for 3 days.

You just got lucky.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-22-19 05:10 PM
    lots of times the real death occurs later. Circuitry rusts and fails. So yes certainly more frequent backups would be advised
    its more the corrosion that occurs....it conducts and then cross shorts the MB.
    11-22-19 08:37 PM
    Haha!

FYI,

Hard water is water that has high mineral content (in contrast with "soft water"). Hard water is formed when water percolates through deposits of limestone, chalk or gypsum which are largely made up of calcium and magnesium carbonates, bicarbonates and sulfates.

>>Classic is magic!
    Check again... Just checked this out from Wiki:

Hard water is water that has high mineral content (in contrast with "soft water"). Hard water is formed when water percolates through deposits of limestone, chalk or gypsum[1] which are largely made up of calcium and magnesium carbonates, bicarbonates and sulfates.
    11-22-19 10:22 PM
    Check again... Just checked this out from Wiki:

Hard water is water that has high mineral content (in contrast with "soft water"). Hard water is formed when water percolates through deposits of limestone, chalk or gypsum[1] which are largely made up of calcium and magnesium carbonates, bicarbonates and sulfates.
    Hey man, what's wrong with you? Yes, I have also copied from wiki. Otherwise, can anyone on this earth remember such a lengthy definition.
    At least is there a need to remember that definition?

>>Classic is magic!
    Last edited by babugaru1; 11-23-19 at 03:10 AM.
    11-22-19 11:38 PM
    Hey man, what's wrong with you? Yes, I have also copied from wiki. Otherwise, can anyone on this earth remember such a lengthy definition.
    At least is there a need to remember that definition?

>>Classic is magic!
    I think most people have an idea what hard water means, they're just pulling your chain for your original explanation.

I'm guessing it's not personal just having some fun.

11-23-19 04:03 AM
27 12