I got the classic when it was released in 2014. It was a great phone but I got a offer for a straight trade classic for passport so I took it. I enjoyed the passport although the PKB on the classic was better. I then upgraded to the priv this past Monday. Got it for 160. Stuck it on Kijiji and sold it for 250. The priv was a mess. Nice looking phone but for how big the battery is that phone drained so fast and had a very cheap build quality for how much it cost at launch. All in all a poor attempt my the company to salvage the hand set business. I tried out a keyone but android was not my cup of tea and I again found the PKB better on the classic. As of yesterday I returned back to where I started.

The blackberry classic is the best device put out by this company. It's the perfect size. Has solid battery life. I also bought a Q10 yesterday for 40 bux as a back up daily driver. Having these two phones this week has been fantastic. I use these as business phones because I am in sales. I don't need apps or any other nonsense. Whatsapp works via apk download so I'm happy there.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:09 AM
    I also bought a second blackberry priv for 150 and flipped it for 250. Amazing to me that people were willing to pay that much for that device lol

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:11 AM
    I also bought a second blackberry priv for 150 and flipped it for 250. Amazing to me that people were willing to pay that much for that device lol

Posted via CB10
    Mainstream users definitely value and pay for being mainstream.
    02-02-18 05:15 AM
    True but if it was a keyone I would understand. But a priv at 250? In 2018? Lol..hey I ain't complaining I will take the cash.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:17 AM
    True but if it was a keyone I would understand. But a priv at 250? In 2018? Lol..hey I ain't complaining I will take the cash.

Posted via CB10
    What PKB/VKB sliders are out there running better specs than PRIV? The used device market can support all kinds of anomalies. Congratulations on your flip.
    02-02-18 05:36 AM
    What PKB/VKB sliders are out there running better specs than PRIV? The used device market can support all kinds of anomalies. Congratulations on your flip.
    That's true. Damn do you think I put it up for too low? I am new to Kijiji and selling phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:44 AM
    As for specs honestly I had it for a day and it was very laggy. Heated up very fast and barely got me to lunch on heavy use. This classic has a smaller battery and find it lasts longer lol. Looks like a beast too with this case I have.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:46 AM
    That's true. Damn do you think I put it up for too low? I am new to Kijiji and selling phones.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea. You should research selling prices on various sites and see what's offered for sale.
    02-02-18 05:47 AM
    I just really fell back in love with this device again. Feels like such a productivity tool in the hand. I'm really excited about the two new phones coming out but man it doesn't matter how many times I use android I can't get use to it over BB10. It's better than IOS for sure but it's such a shame BB10 never took. I will shed many tears when I'm forced to move on lol

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:48 AM
    I have no idea. You should research selling prices on various sites and see what's offered for sale.
    Damn true lol. Not going to do that now. Don't want to know how much more money I could have made lol

Ignorance is bliss lol

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:48 AM
    What blackberry are you currently on? And which ones have you used in the past?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 05:49 AM
    What blackberry are you currently on? And which ones have you used in the past?

Posted via CB10
    Currently on KEYone. Hoping Motion comes to AT&T but highly unlikely.

Z10 Q10
    Z30 Passport
    Leap Classic
    Z3 Q5
    PRIV
    DTEK50 DTEK60
    02-02-18 06:04 AM
    Lol wow! My first blackberry was the torch 9900 in 2011. I wish I got to use all the older blackberries but I never got a cell phone until 2006 when my friends all got together and bought me one cause they were sick and tired trying to find me. Which was your fav out of the Z10..Q10..Z30.Leap and classic? I owned all of those as well. Although the Z10 only for a day then sold it for 50..got it for 40. Found the battery life atrocious. Z30 I didn't like as much as the leap.

Motion eh...i held one at a store. Not my cup a tea. It's odd looking. I found as much as I loved the leap as well at the end of the day I can't do touch screen. I always end up back with a PKB

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 06:11 AM
    Also I'm trying to get whatsapp sending pics working on my classic. Which is better nemory whatspp or the apk and then adding whatspp fixer? Whatsapp fixer said something about having to have a SD card which I don't

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 06:13 AM
    Also I'm trying to get whatsapp sending pics working on my classic. Which is better nemory whatspp or the apk and then adding whatspp fixer? Whatsapp fixer said something about having to have a SD card which I don't

Posted via CB10
    Use only the original apk....do not lose time with the Nemory whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 06:31 AM
    Lol wow! My first blackberry was the torch 9900 in 2011. I wish I got to use all the older blackberries but I never got a cell phone until 2006 when my friends all got together and bought me one cause they were sick and tired trying to find me. Which was your fav out of the Z10..Q10..Z30.Leap and classic? I owned all of those as well. Although the Z10 only for a day then sold it for 50..got it for 40. Found the battery life atrocious. Z30 I didn't like as much as the leap.

Motion eh...i held one at a store. Not my cup a tea. It's odd looking. I found as much as I loved the leap as well at the end of the day I can't do touch screen. I always end up back with a PKB

Posted via CB10
    Although Z30 and Passport are considered better and higher specs, I preferred the Leap and Classic. The reason is that I couldn't get LTE on Z30 since proper bands aren't included with any version except for a very few rare non-production devices that were only demo models and I didn't like the PKB form of the Passport.

In the end, I prefer BBAndroid over BB10 or Android. I preferred BBOS over BB10 or Android for that matter. I will say that I prefer BBAndroid over BBOS since it has evolved with strong ecosystem. BB should have developed BBAndroid in 2008 while keeping BBOS like they have this last 10 years.
    02-02-18 06:32 AM
    Use only the original apk....do not lose time with the Nemory whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    Downloaded it works great on the classic

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 06:39 AM
    Coming from OS7.1 I'm considering to enter the "new" times with the Classic.

Are the initial bugs ironed out or they are no big deal and people learned to live with them?

E.g. does it still take two pushes of right phone button to hang up?
    02-03-18 02:17 PM
    Classic for me is the best Blackberry made so far.

That said I do no longer use it as my daily driver. No WhatsApp (android port is so laggy imho), Browser getting slower and slower, apps like LinkedIn/XING etc. not working reliably.

I do hope that one of the new pkb phones come close to the Classic form factor. One thing that will never come back is some of the fluidity of bb10... android is powerful and all, but it is also a mess.
    02-03-18 04:06 PM
    I tried getting on-board with a Classic from my Priv and honestly I found the Classic to be disappointing when it came to battery life. Came right back to Priv after not even a few days. Maybe Classic does ok on native apps (whatever few of them there are) but terrible with Android ones. Bad standby time as well. My optimized Priv runs circles around it.
    02-04-18 04:25 AM
    Classic for me is the best Blackberry made so far.

That said I do no longer use it as my daily driver. No WhatsApp (android port is so laggy imho), Browser getting slower and slower, apps like LinkedIn/XING etc. not working reliably.

I do hope that one of the new pkb phones come close to the Classic form factor. One thing that will never come back is some of the fluidity of bb10... android is powerful and all, but it is also a mess.
    KEYone is probably as close as you're getting. BBMo/TCL can't make various sizes profitably or move any volume.
    02-04-18 06:48 AM
    KEYone is probably as close as you're getting. BBMo/TCL can't make various sizes profitably or move any volume.
    I bought the Keyone very early on. After some months I did give it away again. It is to tall for my taste and the keyboard could not compete with classic.

I know TCL has very limited options - i am happy that there’s is a company making pkb phones at all - but I can still hope they might have a Keyone mini in store ;-)
    02-04-18 07:06 AM