Hello fellow CrackBerrians!

I have had my Classic now for almost two weeks and I must say so far I am happy with it. It is really fast, the battery lasts all day.
    Overall, I would give this a thumbs up for diehard Black berry users but I think it will be a very tough sell for Iphone users or devoted Android users.

I will keep posting in this thread as I encounter more negatives and positives, tips and tricks.

I welcome all helpful advise, and welcome everyone to post their complaints and positives so we can all work together to maximise the use of this phone.
    I missed my Bold, I waited very patiently for this Classic to be released, I want to love it, I want to maximise me experience with it so any help from you all would be hugely appreciated.
    Lets start with the negatives
    1- The Blue tooth connectivity sucks. I have nothing but trouble using the phone with my 2013 toyota rav 4 limited. When it does connect and I make a call, I get a sudden LOUD blast of music for a second? It scared the heck out of me when I was driving, NOT GOOD and VERY bad for my speakers.
    2- for every one time I connect to my car, the phone freezes and wont connect to the network. it just sits there and searches forever? Then I have to pull over and turn my car off to reset my Navigation head unit? The phone also becomes unusable, it locks up too and I have to power it off and wait forever for it to reload the phone?
    3-Everytime I connect my blue tooth to my car, it automatically starts playing the music from my phone? The Sony Xperia I used prior to my Classic always connected seamlessly. never had an issue. This software needs major updates to work better. It is dangerous to have to mess with a phone to get it to work when driving and very annoying to have to always pull over and try to fix it.
    4- Call blocking? where is it? The android Apps that say they work for call blocking, DON'T work. Now all the spam callers are able to call me again and its so annoying. Again, the Sony I used worked perfectly with these apps.
    5- The lock Screen. Why cant we turn it off? I want to be able to have my homepage open immediately and not have to push the lock button and then swipe to look at my phone.
    6-when I set the phone down, it rattles? The lock button feels cheap like it will break anytime and why isn't it rescessed? The lock button sits too far up and as soon as I put the phone in my pocket, it depresses the lock button and my phone turns on?
    7- Ringtones. The dedicated ringtones assigned to contacts dont always work? They default back to the profile tones? They work for a bit, then stop.
    8- The LED. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. On my Bold, when I went to bed, the LED would stay on so when I woke up, I saw it and could respond to messages or calls or see by the color of the LED if I even want to respond, lol. This LED seems to time out and I cant find a setting to fix it to stay on?

Now the positives.
    1-Love the display. Very nice experience and In my opinion, all a phone needs
    2- Love the keyboard. Wish it was curved like the bold so people with big hands like me can use it better but over all, typical BB keyboard and man did I miss it!
    3- Call quality. The phone itself works exactly as I hoped. my calls are crisp and clear and the reception is great even in my concrete building> My Sony failed miserably with this. It's nice to be in my elevator and NOT lose my calls, lol
    4- Texting. Love that the phone Hubs everything. very convienent and easy.
    5- Camera. Seems to work great, pics are crystal clear, the mega pixelsize is good so I can download pics fast. My sony was 22 mega pix and it took forever to download those huge Pics.

Please, if you know of any solutions to my negatives, post. Please keep adding your negatives and positives so I and everyone can learn. Theres barely any info on this Phone anywhere online so we need somewhere!

Thanks folks, look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers!
    s.ben likes this.
    12-24-14 06:27 AM
    >5- The lock Screen. Why cant we turn it off? I want to be able to have my homepage open immediately and not have to push the lock button and then swipe to look at my phone.

The Classic will unlock directly to home page. Look in the Lock Screen menu, first toggle switch, turn it On.
    12-24-14 07:22 AM
    # 6 > Rattles < I don't find that on mine

Welcome to the forum
    12-24-14 09:32 AM
    8 - LED, try BeBuzz. The LED stays on.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-24-14 10:30 AM
    1) the phone came out on Wednesday last week (1 week ago), so do you have a pre release? Or do you have the released version, therefore making your phone a week old, and not close to two.

Your points 1-3 - it's the Toyota my friend, nothing to do with BlackBerry. You car has a default setting to play music from bluetooth connected device. I have a 2014 Nissan Titan and the phone works magically in my truck. I can reply to texts via voice, I can call and end calls all from voice. The BlackBerry Classic actually works better in my truck than my iPhone 6.

My phone doesn't rattle, no noise whatsoever.

My LEDS stay on all through the night, I have 4 settings for my LEDS. Green for email, red for calls and texts. Blue for facebook and cyan for linkedin. I love that the classic doesn't need a third party app to change the led color, the fact that this is built in is awesome.

My Ringtones stick, have 3 saved so far, work, friends, the wife.

Call blocking - lots of apps in BlackBerry world that will do that for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:59 AM
    1) the phone came out on Wednesday last week (1 week ago), so do you have a pre release? Or do you have the released version, therefore making your phone a week old, and not close to two.

Your points 1-3 - it's the Toyota my friend, nothing to do with BlackBerry. You car has a default setting to play music from bluetooth connected device. I have a 2014 Nissan Titan and the phone works magically in my truck. I can reply to texts via voice, I can call and end calls all from voice. The BlackBerry Classic actually works better in my truck than my iPhone 6.

My LEDS stay on all through the night, I have 4 settings for my LEDS. Green for email, red for calls and texts. Blue for facebook and cyan for linkedin. I love that the classic doesn't need a third party app to change the led color, the fact that this is built in is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    but it would be nice to have baked in like the windows phone
    12-24-14 11:23 AM
    6 If it rattles return it before 30 days is up. Defective

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:26 AM
    You should be able to get one or two phone blocking apps for free right now via BlackBerry World thanks to the christmas giveaway.

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    12-24-14 11:32 AM
    Thanks for all the help! The lock screen worked to not have to swipe up, still have to swipe left to see any icons, is there a way to go directly to the icon page which i guess is page 2? Tried to move them but it wont allow me too on the front page?

I tried to take my phone back after aweek, Rogers here in Calgary said the rattle is normall. If you set the phone doen you can feel it, it feels like its by the camera. Rogers has been zero help, I should never have choose them, they want to send my twoo week old phone away for repair?

As for the LED I cannot get it to stay on? Tried everything. On my Bold it was on all night if need be?
    12-30-14 07:39 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I checked and you are right, my Toyota automatically connects the music. I found the feature in my blue tooth setting that said disconnect for music but as soon as I restart my car, that turns back on. I will call toyota and find out how to disable this, it isnt safe to have to fiddle with things when they suddenly come on when driving.
    12-30-14 08:00 AM
    http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-...oth-issue.html

Looks like toyota bluetooth has problems with every OS, sorry but I think it is Toyota... try asking the dealer if there is a software update for your system... or else as this forum says it is a reception issue with your car and the bluetooth is randomly connecting and disconnecting causing strange issues

http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://ww...bP7WcVAZMndzQQ

This link will give you a pdf from toyota of the compatible phones with your unit, like I said, ask your dealer about a software update

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    12-30-14 08:15 AM
    Thanks for all the help! The lock screen worked to not have to swipe up, still have to swipe left to see any icons, is there a way to go directly to the icon page which i guess is page 2? Tried to move them but it wont allow me too on the front page?
    Settings --> Display --> turn off Show Wallpaper When all Apps are Closed

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:21 AM

I tried to take my phone back after aweek, Rogers here in Calgary said the rattle is normall. If you set the phone doen you can feel it, it feels like its by the camera. Rogers has been zero help, I should never have choose them, they want to send my twoo week old phone away for repair?

As for the LED I cannot get it to stay on? Tried everything. On my Bold it was on all night if need be?
    I think, to go directly to icon page 1 when unlock there must be no apps open.

Rattle is not normal or at least none in my phone.

Not sure why one would want the led to stay on?
    12-30-14 09:17 AM

The rattle is not normal. You need to argue with them. They say that cause they don't want to take it back.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok I called Toyota, they made a very good point. Wgehn I bought my Rav, my sony experia z1 wasnt released, i bought it 7 months after i boughht the Rav, it worked, i never had the bluetooth issue. My bold never had an issue, my daughters iphone 6 never had an issue and my other daughters Sansung galaxy5 never had this issue.
    Toyota says there is no updates, that it is a setting in the phone over riding the cars setting to not activate the music? I have had to keep going into my blue tooth to deactivate the music, I havent had to do that with any phone, anytime?
    Any suggestions?
    12-30-14 03:53 PM
    Ok I called Toyota, they made a very good point. When I bought my Rav, my sony experia z1 wasnt released, i bought it 7 months after i boughht the Rav, it worked, i never had the bluetooth issue. My bold never had an issue, my daughters iphone 6 never had an issue and my other daughters Sansung galaxy5 never had this issue.
    Toyota says there is no updates, that it is a setting in the phone over riding the cars setting to not activate the music? I have had to keep going into my blue tooth to deactivate the music, I havent had to do that with any phone, anytime?
    Any suggestions?
    doesn't make any sens....They are saying that because the release the bluetooth in theirs before you got your experia. that is why that phone worked????

what about the bold?? you had the bold before the rav??
    12-30-14 04:13 PM
    G
    doesn't make any sens....They are saying that because the release the bluetooth in theirs before you got your experia. that is why that phone worked????

what about the bold?? you had the bold before the rav??
    Thanks for responding! Yes i had the bold when i bought the Rav, worked no problem and I bought the first rav4 limited in calgary when it was released in march 2013 so maybe the bluetooth was set up for the rav when they esigned it? But what doesnt make sense is I have had no updates on my Rav bluetooth since i bought it yet the iphone 6, samsung s5 and my experia all work flawlessly and the music never turns on? I am so confused, lol.
    The good news is after calling Rogers, my cell provider and ******** up the chain of so called command there, they agreed to exchange my phone since it isnt even 15 days old for the rattle i have in it that i spoke about in my review. Maybe the new phone will work? Ill post as soon as i get it set up tonight.
    But i am starting to agree with Toyota, fact is, every other phone works, this one doesnt, i dont think its the car. But I hope i am wrong
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-31-14 08:03 AM
    if the next one will do the same thing..that's mean it will be software related..

My story with the same problem as yours but with the Z 10 when they first came out..

when the Z10 came out, I had about the same problem as you "- The Blue tooth connectivity sucks. I have nothing but trouble using the phone with my 2013 toyota rav 4 limited. When it does connect and I make a call, I get a sudden LOUD blast of music for a second? It scared the heck out of me when I was driving, NOT GOOD and VERY bad for my speakers."
    and the music would play just like it was on drugs..playing very fast then skipping songs

and it was like that until the software was upgraded months after with leaks

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram pickup.

Eventually with all those leaks that was working on. it did fix the problem.

Now with my Classic, I haven't tried it out in my pick up..if it was summer i would but now it is too cold..LOL..I'm going back to work on Jan 4th will surely try it.
    12-31-14 01:05 PM
    if the next one will do the same thing..that's mean it will be software related..

My story with the same problem as yours but with the Z 10 when they first came out..

when the Z10 came out, I had about the same problem as you "- The Blue tooth connectivity sucks. I have nothing but trouble using the phone with my 2013 toyota rav 4 limited. When it does connect and I make a call, I get a sudden LOUD blast of music for a second? It scared the heck out of me when I was driving, NOT GOOD and VERY bad for my speakers."
    and the music would play just like it was on drugs..playing very fast then skipping songs

Now with my Classic, I haven't tried it out in my pick up..if it was summer i would but now it is too cold..LOL..I'm going back to work on Jan 4th will surely try it.

So I'd say hang in there for now it will get better overtime. And you can use a hear piece for now
    12-31-14 01:06 PM
    M

So I'd say hang in there for now it will get better overtime. And you can use a hear piece for now
    Thanks, i will wait.

Sadly though, the new phone both didnt fix the blurtooth issue and after opening 5 Classicsat the store, we found the rattle in them all.
    If you tap the back of the phone by the camera or set it down, you can feel the little rattle, almost lik the camera is loose. Wasted 2 hours only to find its the same with evry classic they have.

I will be contacting blackberry now, the need to know this.
    12-31-14 01:41 PM
    M
    Thanks, i will wait.

Sadly though, the new phone both didnt fix the blurtooth issue and after opening 5 Classicsat the store, we found the rattle in them all.
    If you tap the back of the phone by the camera or set it down, you can feel the little rattle, almost lik the camera is loose. Wasted 2 hours only to find its the same with evry classic they have.

I will be contacting blackberry now, the need to know this.
    the rattle part: when rodger ordered it came from the same batch....you need to go to another store to see if they all have that..I got mine from shopBB unlock I don't hear any rattle on mine.
    when i tap on mine with my ear very very close it seems it does but never when I put it down.
    yeah, maybe a loose camera.for me i have to be very concentrated to hear it
    12-31-14 02:34 PM
    I am disappointed in the specs of the device and how well it runs android apps. The passport has great specs which the classic should of had in my opinion.
    12-31-14 02:52 PM
    I am disappointed in the specs of the device and how well it runs android apps. The passport has great specs which the classic should of had in my opinion.
    yes, we all know that. Maybe the second generation
    12-31-14 02:53 PM
    the rattle part: when rodger ordered it came from the same batch....you need to go to another store to see if they all have that..I got mine from shopBB unlock I don't hear any rattle on mine.
    when i tap on mine with my ear very very close it seems it does but never when I put it down.
    yeah, maybe a loose camera.for me i have to be very concentrated to hear it
    I got my Classic the wee after it was released from Rogers in Canada. i noticed when i set the phone down it made a Rattling sound, kinda like a litle BUZZ. When i tapped lightly on the back i noticed it was coming from the camera area.
    I complaned and was able to return it to Rogers after a huger fight with them. The phone wasnt a week old but they made it sound like i was abusing the phone etc.
    so i get my second phone, guess what? The same rattle!
    Alain on these forums explained it was probably a bad batch that Rogers got so when i called them back, after being adamnently refused another return, I called Blackberry.
    Well, they made one call and all of a sudden Rogers is sending me a new phone they say they will test first.
    Heres the problem, my wife got hers from Telus, guess what? Same rattle?mWTF?
    Thankfully Blackberry is helping, i will keep exchNging until I get a perfect phone. No phone should rattle, ever unless its dropped.
    Im so frustrated, this phone is exactly what we wanted, we dont game on it, social media on it, we use it for texting, phoning and emailing. Exactly why this classic was made. But man it sucks to know this rattle is happening and if it is a problem, how come blackberry didnt notice this? They were VERY quick to get me the exchange as soon as i told them the story, the rep at BB said she wanted to check records and see if this problem was reported by anyone else. When she got back on the phone she instantly said yes it was a problem and they will make Rogers do an exchange. So i wonder now if they knew this was a problem but rushed to get the phone out?
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    01-05-15 07:56 AM
    You can turn off the running app page so if there is no app running it defaults to Icon screen.
    It's under display.

01-05-15 09:02 AM
47 12