Over weekend, I pulled to SD card transferred all data and began to delete personal stuff. The email and contact etc remain for emergencies, but the phone went back into the box it cam in. It now resides in my bottom desk drawer along with my 8820 and Bold.

Until last week, the phone was on the charger and used periodically as I got used to the K2. I realized that "periodically" had not been since before Thanksgiving, so I made the formal decision to largely decommission the phone.

It was a good and faithful servant. No issues and only a handful of hiccups in the last year due to no app support.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-11-19 12:04 PM
    Thank you for your service, jmorgan456's BlackBerry Classic.
    eiruvrav and jmorgan456 like this.
    02-11-19 12:29 PM
    Thank you for your service, jmorgan456's BlackBerry Classic.
    The Classic is missed.

During decommissioning I noticed that the corners of the plastic case had worn quite a bit. Not in danger of wearing through but noticeable.

So the Seidio case served very well indeed. As best I can tell there is not a mark on the phone after 4? Years of heavy use.
    02-13-19 11:11 AM
    May the beloved classic RIP!
    02-13-19 03:53 PM
    Be sure to flash it up for the "stand up and be counted, one more time around party" before 31 Dec 2019.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    jmorgan456 and johnb_xp like this.
    02-13-19 04:18 PM
    No.. i can give BB10 apps with support !!
    02-15-19 07:10 PM
    No.. i can give BB10 apps with support !!
    Why would he need apps for a decommissioned Classic? He's obviously moved on.
    02-15-19 09:10 PM
    yes moved on because of no apps it said..but if he only knew on how to get bb10 apps with support.. we dont know
    02-18-19 05:34 AM
    yes moved on because of no apps it said..but if he only knew on how to get bb10 apps with support.. we dont know
    Well we do know. There are many apps that will not function on BB10. In the future it will only get worse. These are things like to sports apps for my kids teams and client specific apps. I am required to use them and they just do not function on BB10.

Even more ubiquitous apps like waze, Uber and whatsapp have had problems on BB10, at least for me.

I feel the phone is at EOL. It is fast approaching actual EOL. Sooner or later we are all going to have to make a switch. The K2 convinced me. The K1 did not. The Priv did not. Maybe the K3 will do it for you. Or not.

I loved the Classic. I really did. It could have been the perfect phone. Until it wasn't.
    Sooner or later android will catch up to BB10. Until then I will make it work.

Although I confess to considering a dual carry with the Classic and...
    02-18-19 09:19 AM
    Well we do know. There are many apps that will not function on BB10. In the future it will only get worse. These are things like to sports apps for my kids teams and client specific apps. I am required to use them and they just do not function on BB10.

Even more ubiquitous apps like waze, Uber and whatsapp have had problems on BB10, at least for me.

I feel the phone is at EOL. It is fast approaching actual EOL. Sooner or later we are all going to have to make a switch. The K2 convinced me. The K1 did not. The Priv did not. Maybe the K3 will do it for you. Or not.

I loved the Classic. I really did. It could have been the perfect phone. Until it wasn't.
    Sooner or later android will catch up to BB10. Until then I will make it work.

Although I confess to considering a dual carry with the Classic and...
    I had moved from Classic to PRIV due to certain apps that I just could not get working under BB10.

The PRIV was dying so just recently moved to KEY2. GREAT phone! In my mind, better than the Classic was.
    02-18-19 09:40 AM
    I’m in the same boat. I love my Classic but need my sports and invoicing app everyday! I can’t get these to work on the Classic using any browser?

I’ve been dual carrying a lot but would rather just carry one phone. Maybe the Key2 will be the answer?
    02-18-19 10:16 AM
    I’m in the same boat. I love my Classic but need my sports and invoicing app everyday! I can’t get these to work on the Classic using any browser?

I’ve been dual carrying a lot but would rather just carry one phone. Maybe the Key2 will be the answer?
    Did you try Kiwi browser?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-19 11:27 AM
    No. But I will now lol. Thanks!
    02-18-19 12:48 PM
    Did you try Kiwi browser?

Posted via CB10
    Where is the Kiwi browser. I've tried looking for it and can't seem to find it?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-19 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you try on the Play Store (or Yalp store)?
    02-19-19 03:11 AM
    Did you try on the Play Store (or Yalp store)?
    I’m working on the Yalp store now, but it looks like I need Google Play Services for my apps to work. Still a work in progress.
    02-19-19 03:13 AM
    I’m working on the Yalp store now, but it looks like I need Google Play Services for my apps to work. Still a work in progress.
    OK, good luck on that.
    Kiwi browser is nice and don't need Google play Services btw...
    Lefty724 likes this.
    02-19-19 03:14 AM
    OK, good luck on that.
    Kiwi browser is nice and don't need Google play Services btw...
    Again, still a work in progress. I’m sure I’ll figure this out. Thanks again
    02-19-19 03:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Kiwi Browser is good, I used it for a bit as a secondary browser. I loaded up Firefox last week and it seems to be faster on my Classic. https://download.mozilla.org/?produc...oid&lang=multi
    Lefty724 likes this.
    02-20-19 04:42 PM
    Kiwi Browser is good, I used it for a bit as a secondary browser. I loaded up Firefox last week and it seems to be faster on my Classic. https://download.mozilla.org/?produc...oid&lang=multi
    Thanks, I have Kiwi now and still messing with it. Thanks again.
    02-20-19 04:43 PM
    I do also suggest Firefox ver. 65.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-19 03:57 AM