Get a pp

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:45 PM
    way too big
    I think you must have very small hands
    12-22-14 03:05 AM
    I don't know, size is always a very individual thing to rate. Some people want a smaller Classic, other think it still is "right", while some folks even shouted for another increase of size. Same with the Passport, many are crying for a smaller 4" variant, others even like to get a huge 5" Passport. I think you hardly can please everyone here. I even know a bunch of iPhone users who are disappointed Apple abandoned the compact and convenient size of their phones.

Regarding the screen, ever since I noticed burn-in effects on both my Q10 and, especially(!) my Lumia 1020, I started to dislike AMOLED. Better live with IPS blacks instead of increasing burn-ins after a year or two.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-22-14 03:30 AM
    What disappoints me in the Crackbery forums is that someone comes on with his/ her candid critical review of a product, app, etc. and immediately a small minority come on and bash him for an honest opinion. I know in some cases over the last few years this has prevented me (and I'm sure others) from relating their honest impressioons/ experiences for fear of being bashed. Especially here in the U.S., where one can't just walk into a local carrier store and see/ hold/ try the device for themselves. ATT is supposed to carry the Classic, but the local store I visited Saturday did not have it. And the Passport, I had to buy "blind" from reading biased journalist reviews mostly about how poor it was and thankfully some unbiased reviews in these forums. For those members, Thank You! I made my weighted opinion good and bad and purchased the Passport. Great decision!
    Op, thanks for your opinions. I'm sure it will help some to make a more informed decision whether or not the device is for them.
    For the few bashers, critique the posters opinions in the spirit of my post. Thanks.
    12-22-14 07:49 AM
    What disappoints me in the Crackbery forums is that someone comes on with his/ her candid critical review of a product, app, etc. and immediately a small minority come on and bash him for an honest opinion. I know in some cases over the last few years this has prevented me (and I'm sure others) from relating their honest impressioons/ experiences for fear of being bashed. Especially here in the U.S., where one can't just walk into a local carrier store and see/ hold/ try the device for themselves. ATT is supposed to carry the Classic, but the local store I visited Saturday did not have it. And the Passport, I had to buy "blind" from reading biased journalist reviews mostly about how poor it was and thankfully some unbiased reviews in these forums. For those members, Thank You! I made my weighted opinion good and bad and purchased the Passport. Great decision!
    Op, thanks for your opinions. I'm sure it will help some to make a more informed decision whether or not the device is for them.
    For the few bashers, critique the posters opinions in the spirit of my post. Thanks.
    It's every forum... not just cb... every forum... every brand... it's people.... it's just a small vocal minority....
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    12-22-14 08:16 AM
    It's every forum... not just cb... every forum... every brand... it's people.... it's just a small vocal minority....
    Agreed to an extent.
    But I belong to and have participated in dozens of product forums over the years. These forums seem have a lot more. I think it is in part some Canadians passionately (and sometimes irrationally) "protecting" their brand. Just my personal opinion, folks. Passion is good when not misguided.
    12-22-14 08:46 AM
    I think the size is great! My only call out is there is no replaceable battery. So far my battery is draining about 10% an hour...having the option to replace the battery would have been great.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and hlg8888 like this.
    12-22-14 08:51 AM
    I think the size is great! My only call out is there is no replaceable battery. So far my battery is draining about 10% an hour...having the option to replace the battery would have been great.

Posted via CB10
    What use?

From My Sexy Z30...
    12-22-14 09:07 AM
    Just texting and emails...80% with a little over an hours use

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    12-22-14 09:20 AM
    Agreed to an extent.
    But I belong to and have participated in dozens of product forums over the years. These forums seem have a lot more. I think it is in part some Canadians passionately (and sometimes irrationally) "protecting" their brand. Just my personal opinion, folks. Passion is good when not misguided.
    ummmm not sure about this one......that the basher would be more Canadian,,,,
    sleeb likes this.
    12-22-14 10:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    there is a video in the sticky that explain how to save battery and what you can do to close some apps that might get more juice than normal
    12-22-14 10:43 AM
    Just texting and emails...80% with a little over an hours use

Posted via CB10
    Use your application permission settings to restrict applications from running in the back ground. These blackberries are extremely customizable guys. Let's be the true techies that we all are and dig deep into these devices. My battery life with heavy use and texting and streaming is very good. I understand that my definition of heavy use may not be yours, but I do maximize all the settings available to ensure I'm getting all I can out of my battery...

2BF2EA40 My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    12-22-14 01:19 PM
    I came from Bold 9900 to the Z10...and back to the Bold again (missed trackpad, qwerty etc.)

Have my Classic since some days now and I am very happy.

Rarely touch the screen, mainly use the trackpad for scrolling etc. (and yes it's smaller but doesn't bother me, one has to remember it's a different phone).

Love having a back-button. I don't have to touch the screen to close an app, go back, etc. .

I really do not understand most complaints about the Classic. If you love your Bold 9900, and everything is easier + faster for you there......just keep it.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, fkornre, donemt and 1 others like this.
    12-22-14 01:39 PM
    I came from Bold 9900 to the Z10...and back to the Bold again (missed trackpad, qwerty etc.)

Have my Classic since some days now and I am very happy.

Rarely touch the screen, mainly use the trackpad for scrolling etc. (and yes it's smaller but doesn't bother me, one has to remember it's a different phone).

Love having a back-button. I don't have to touch the screen to close an app, go back, etc. .

I really do not understand most complaints about the Classic. If you love your Bold 9900, and everything is easier + faster for you there......just keep it.

Posted via CB10
    This. You just won the internet.

The Classic doesn't REPLACE the Bold 9900. It's a BB10-Bold entry. Your 9900's aren't going to self destruct in two months if you don't switch.
    fkornre and hplovecraft like this.
    12-22-14 01:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    A lot of BBOS users that are getting Classics have never really used BB10 before. The same muscle memory doesn't work for a lot of functions, and they will have to learn how to use BB10 efficiently. They don't know all of the behaviors and tricks yet. People who are familiar with both old and new are probably just flying through the interface.

From a Z30
    12-22-14 01:49 PM
    Could other classic owner confirm if wifi speeds are normal?
    Having issues with wifi not reaching normal speeds I should get.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:00 PM
    While I appreciate the opinion of yours with respect to the classic. I for one, and hopefully many more, love the Classic. I own. Z30, Z3, Q10, Passport, and now two Classic's (thanks to DR). I love the form factor and I think the back looks perfect. I bought this Blackberry to get things done and it is helping me do just that!

Rocking my BlackBerry Classic
    12-22-14 03:25 PM
    Bullnuke, see you also using pp. How do you feel it vs classic.
    Need to say, classic could have gotten a bit more horsepower under its hood. Certainly when you're used to pp.
    Also keyboard wipe up function of pp is already something I miss immediately.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 04:14 PM
    A lot of BBOS users that are getting Classics have never really used BB10 before. The same muscle memory doesn't work for a lot of functions, and they will have to learn how to use BB10 efficiently. They don't know all of the behaviors and tricks yet. People who are familiar with both old and new are probably just flying through the interface.

From a Z30
    True argument, I had to learn some BB10 myself when I came to the Z10. Maybe I can appreciate the Classic as I first tried BB10 without a keyboard and track-pad, and now see that I get what I missed.

I just wonder how fast some people are complaining after having the phone for like 2hours, not giving it a bit of time.

And one thing is sure....not everything will be faster/better when you move to a newer, more modern UI. The fastest I could ever write and sent an SMS was probably on my old (and loved) Nokia E52. Is it a better phone than the Classic because of this? .... I doubt it ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 04:18 PM

I just wonder how fast some people are complaining after having the phone for like 2hours, not giving it a bit of time.

Posted via CB10
    True story, some of these folks start complaining the moment after they place an online order. I've seen some that cancel the order before it even arrives based on some random #bendgate thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 04:51 PM
    Why don't people understand? BlackBerry has made it VERY clear. Classic is an upgrade to the 9900. And in that role, it is a fantastic upgrade. It isn't trying to get you from your iPhone or Android. It's not looking to make you put down your passport or z30.

Classic is there for companies who are currently happily paying 400 dollars for a tool, the 9900 to upgrade to a new device.

Yes some consumers want it as well, and they will be happy to sell to you, if your complaining about specs, this isn't the phone your looking for.

People who were using the 9900 didn't understand the q series. A lot of people needed that trackpad to get them over learning curve.

Also a lot of companies didn't upgrade to bes10 because it was expensive. With ez pass bes12 a lot of companies can now start to manage bb10 devices, and BlackBerry needed a new product to help with that transition.

I think I will soon see a lot of classics in my work environment where everyone currently has a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    I am using an Galaxy S4 and preordered the classic 5 minutes after I held one. The size is almost identical to my Samsung but a bit thicker. I like the weight of it. I want a little more "meat" to my phone when holding it up to my ear. I cannot take touch screen keyboards any longer. I repeat ANY.LONGER. When I upgraded years ago to the torch, I hated it. Traded with someone for an old bold. When it died, I went to the S4. I don't play games or use many apps. And yes, I use it for business, so I guess I am their part of their target market. I'm not into all the supposed fun stuff that iphones and androids have. Just more junk on a phone. My friends think I'm nuts (other than my business partner who's never strayed from BB). To me, this is the perfect phone. Mind you, time will tell but when it's all about texting and answering emails, this one looks like the one for me.

Just my 2cents
    12-22-14 07:06 PM
    I actually think the display looks way better.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    12-22-14 07:18 PM
    I actually think the display looks way better.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:53 PM
    You are spot on. I was trying to swipe up on my Classic. While I agree the Passport is a dream phone I have always wanted something like my old 9900 with some modern features. This is a very good BlackBerry and while I will miss the two day battery life and beautiful screen. For me this is the workhorse that is going to get it done for me. I love you Passport but it's Classic time!

Rocking my BlackBerry Classic
    12-22-14 10:19 PM
    After 5 days of using the Classic, I respectfully disagree with many ofthe points the OP made:
    • Coming from the Passport (and the Z30 and the Q's etc.) I think size and weight of the Classic are just right, almost perfect. For me it is a relief to have a smaller device than the PP which is much easier to handle. OTOH, the Q10/5 seem rediculously small to me now.
    • Backside looks modern & elegant and feels good. I prefer it over the Z30 & Q10's backs, which I found to be too sticky and slightly disgusting after a while of using them (sorry but this is how I felt).
    • The display is WAY better than the Q10's imho, it's brighter, it's sharp and colourful, there are no resolution issues (which some people suspect, based upon an alleged insufficient resolution), no pixels, no stairs, andlast but not least, it is bigger than the Q's screens, which makes a HUGE difference in usability, and it has no sensitivity issues like most of the Q10s had (I had several of them).
    • I understand that some business users miss the removable battery - however, I personally don't have a problem with it. My battery lasts between 24 and 35 hours, it became significantly better after the first 2 or 3 charging cycles. So it can stay awake much longer than I am able to.
    • Not really wanting to go into a specs debate, but I feel sorry for all people who do not allow themselves to enjoy this phone, because of alleged insufficient specs. The Classic is snappy and fast, and there was never a situation that made me unhappy about its performance. This is what counts for me, rather than technical data.

Like I said, I respect the OP's opinion (different strokes....), and hope that he will change his mind after more than just a few minutes or hours of using the Classic.
    12-23-14 02:39 AM
82 1234