Now that I was complaining about the light bleed and stuff (been a BlackBerry user for ages) but was just trying to justify the point OP was trying to make!
    And I do not use a sleeve/ pouch/ case or holster.
    But yes the double typing has started to set in only on 2-3 keys at the moment!

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    03-12-15 09:56 AM
    Uh oh. The double typing with my Q10 is pretty annoying. I was hoping that it had been solved with the Classic.
    03-12-15 10:08 AM
    Uh oh. The double typing with my Q10 is pretty annoying. I was hoping that it had been solved with the Classic.
    I don't have any problems with my classic but it's only a few days old had the Q10 2 years or so don't have a problem with it to this day. On the Q10 I always wondered if the problem was how close together the keys are and basically on key press slightly pushed the other especially with bigger fingers. The classics keys are more spread out so you see some light but seams like that might help a bit I kinda like the glow. It's the Q10,classic,passport that people have the problem with. Now the Q5 I just searched and could not find a post about it double typing. The keys are completely separate maybe that's got something to do with it

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 11:00 AM
    03-12-15 11:01 AM
    I don't have any problems with my classic but it's only a few days old had the Q10 2 years or so don't have a problem with it to this day. On the Q10 I always wondered if the problem was how close together the keys are and basically on key press slightly pushed the other especially with bigger fingers. The classics keys are more spread out so you see some light but seams like that might help a bit I kinda like the glow. It's the Q10,classic,passport that people have the problem with. Now the Q5 I just searched and could not find a post about it double typing. The keys are completely separate maybe that's got something to do with it

Posted via CB10
    i've also had no issues.
    03-12-15 11:02 AM
    By double typing we mean that the same letter gets entered twice on a single press. This can happen seemingly at random. It's really annoying when the space bar does it because it stops the sentence with a period. And. Capitalizes the. Next word.

My Q10 did not do this for the first 6 months that I had it; occasionally did it during the next 6 months; but now does it almost every other time I type.
    03-12-15 11:23 AM
    This is what we are talking about..... I haven't had mine a whole week yet and you can see the space bar already chipping. The 2 shift keys are also starting to go the same route although not visible in the photo.
    My BlackBerry Classic's keys are chipping, is anyone else having this problem?-img_1982.jpg

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and Adam Rees like this.
    03-12-15 04:37 PM
    Not having that problem, but I'm noticing that my L key is nearly falling off? Extremely loose lifts up towards the screen that's weird. Anyone having that problem?
    03-12-15 05:53 PM
    I had this concern on an older return, I simply took my goth and made it black

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-12-15 06:40 PM
    Thanks for the photos, that sucks, my first one never had that issue and I hope the same can be said about this one, but it's pretty new, but so far so good...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-12-15 06:56 PM
    I'm not having any issues with my classic and i've had it for almost two weeks and i've been wearing the keyboard out.
    03-12-15 07:23 PM
    I actually don't care if my keys become worn. I mean look at your computer keyboard. Both my macbooks, my $80 logitech keyboard, and old blackberry curve have some wear. The only way they could get them to not wear is to dip them in glass, or something, and we know from Apple how well phones made of glass work.
    03-12-15 07:25 PM
    No issues, am 3 months in.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:01 PM
    This happened with my Bold 9780 (like the picture on the previous page). If you're super careful, black nail polish does wonders.
    03-12-15 08:44 PM
    Yeah.. that's not what I would consider chipping in any way. I'm thinking more like this..

http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...rry-people.jpg
    Is it wrong that I wish that one day my keyboard will look like that?
    03-12-15 09:17 PM
    It can most certainly happen but after 6 days? Unless your fingers are made of sandpaper, I'm finding this hard to believe.
    Same here. I've had my Q10 since May 2013 & I have VERY slight chips on the original keyboard. I have a crack on my screen, no cases ever on the phone. By no means do I treat my phones well but all the BlackBerry 10 phones have superior build quality. My 9780 on the other hand got it in around 2-3 months?

Posted via 10.3.1
    03-12-15 09:32 PM
    Had Classic almost 4 month... Till now is still as my primary device.. No issue.
    03-13-15 09:41 AM
    This is what we are talking about..... I haven't had mine a whole week yet and you can see the space bar already chipping. The 2 shift keys are also starting to go the same route although not visible in the photo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1982.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	340675

Posted via CB10
    My spacebar has that same chipping. I have to hold the phone at a steep angle to see it. When I'm holding the phone in a normal position I don't see it. Makes me wonder whether it's paint chipping, or the keys were not completely covered with the black paint when being made.

Now if only the trackpad edges would chip so I can have my lighted trackpad. Haha

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry don't make keyboards like they used too and it is a shame. It appears that the quality of their keyboards only continues to declines as the years go by. Every Q10 I had double typed and showed wear within the first couple of months of ownership. I finally gave up on the Q10. My 9650 and 9930 never double typed, but both began showing signs of wear soon after I got them (especially on the nub of the 5 key, which usually wears off the week you get the phone). Meanwhile, my first BlackBerry, the ten year old and practically indestructible 7250, still looks like it is brand new and functions flawlessly.
    Juandbt likes this.
    03-13-15 08:06 PM
    Unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 08:32 PM
    Yeah.. that's not what I would consider chipping in any way. I'm thinking more like this..

http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...rry-people.jpg
    LoL! That's hardcore!
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    03-13-15 10:39 PM
    That white spot on top of the space bar, as seen on many Classic devices, is actually not a 'chip', it's just part of the key that didn't get colored. I've seen that on Classic devices right out of the box, including mine. I'm sure it was meant to be colored fully, but I don't actually see it as a problem.

I spend time typing and reading on my BlackBerry Classic, I don't spend much time holding it at an angle just so I can see where my space bar hasn't been colored. I noticed it the when I was in the store and immediately knew it was not a 'chip', rather a portion of the key that simply did not get colored, as described above.

Posted via CB10
    nate85 likes this.
    03-13-15 10:56 PM
    I also have the same type of thing on my Passport, where the space bar key has a little spot with no coloring, it's on the bottom of the key and only visible if I hold the device at an angle, which I don't typically do. I don't consider it a problem at all, just part of the key wasn't colored. It's always right in the middle too.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:06 PM
    If there was missing color on the tops of Classic / Passport keys, that would be a problem, especially if it was occurring after a short period of use. The worn out keys on a couple / few year old device, yeah. Not a brand new one though.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:11 PM
    That white spot on top of the space bar, as seen on many Classic devices, is actually not a 'chip', it's just part of the key that didn't get colored. I've seen that on Classic devices right out of the box, including mine. I'm sure it was meant to be colored fully, but I don't actually see it as a problem.

I spend time typing and reading on my BlackBerry Classic, I don't spend much time holding it at an angle just so I can see where my space bar hasn't been colored. I noticed it the when I was in the store and immediately knew it was not a 'chip', rather a portion of the key that simply did not get colored, as described above.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:15 PM
62 123