Hello, my Blackberry Classic just suddenly died and wouldn't charge again. I got the KeyOne now but how can I transfer the data when my Blackberry Classic will not charge or switch on again? I have backups over Link software but it looks like that does not work with the Blackberry KeyOne.

Any suggestions please? Any way I can get a new battery from for Classic to restart it to make the transfer?

Many thanks
    01-13-18 03:31 AM
    Hi berg123, the only way to do this is to download an app called blackberry link. Keep in mind, it's only compatible with Windows 6,7,8. Preferably windows 7. You can download blackberry link from your computer. It will not work on your office computer at work, Windows 7 or not. So make sure it's your personal computer. Once you have it downloaded, follow the instructions there. Good luck!
    01-13-18 08:28 AM
    looks like the BB Classic batteries are dying. Mine just did too.
    01-13-18 10:30 AM
    looks like the BB Classic batteries are dying. Mine just did too.
    Oh no. I have the KEYone but still have my Classic and like to mess with here and there. When did u buy urs? I pre-ordered mine when it first came out...mid December 2014. Wuts the typical lifespan of those batteries?
    01-13-18 12:15 PM
    There are many reasons why batteries have a short life span and most common cause is the use of non original charger and most people would charge it overnight that is very damaging to battery in event if the charger can not function to stop charging. Another reason is too many app are installed esp those that are not from BB world. U would observe that some android applications could consume unusually much battery power. Click device monitor and check battery consumption on various installed app. When location is on, battery consumption is faster.
    All the apps are refreshing in the background when data or roaming and locations are not off. All these would contribute to impact life spam of battery just like human hearts

Pg sheng BB classic Malaysia
    01-13-18 11:30 PM
    Hi berg123, the only way to do this is to download an app called blackberry link. Keep in mind, it's only compatible with Windows 6,7,8. Preferably windows 7. You can download blackberry link from your computer. It will not work on your office computer at work, Windows 7 or not. So make sure it's your personal computer. Once you have it downloaded, follow the instructions there. Good luck!
    Thank you for that! That is great.

Just tried on my personal computer on windows 7 but Blackberry Link keeps crashing.
    Also I cannot see on the new one KeyOne that it links to Blackberry Link. Any advice how I can make it? It keeps saying it wants to do the transfer via cloud or app through wifi.

General questions: is there a way to get a battery replacement for the Blackberry Classic so I can fire it up one last time and then do the wifi transfer?

I used the blackberry charger which is really annoying that just suddenly out of nowhere decided not to charge anymore. First the power button would not work and then that. Always used the blackberry USB cable...

Thank you everyone!
    01-14-18 01:56 AM
    You can download an app called content transfer by blackberry limited. You can get a new blackberry classic battery off of the blackberry website or at a local phone repair shop that supports Blackberrys. Good luck!
    01-14-18 10:20 AM