My blackberry classic won’t ring out loud
    My blackberry classic is running blackberry os 10.3.2.

When I receive calls, the screen displays the caller alert but the phone doesn’t ring out loud. Text alerts and others also do not cause an audible notification.

The profile is set to normal with volume up. I’ve even tried to create a custom profile with the volume up and vibrate on with no change.

I know for sure the ring tone speaker is working as when i adjust the ring tone volume, i can hear the ring tone fine.

I have tried:

checked notifications on normal (and sound on ) went to “phone” in normal profile override profile settings.

used different sim card

went through the tests using blackberry virtual expert
    all tests passed !

security wiped device

installed autoloader twice (from crackberry)

current state:

calls text no sound
    whatsapp calls vibrate only

just a side note … to get pass the initial searching for network screen i have to connect to wifi then click hotspot, then press on and hold blackberry logo on screen then press call end button while still holding where logo is, to get to home screen

Has any one else experienced this? Any ideas on how to solve this?
    Im only interested in getting it to ring loud not worried about the side note above.

Many thanks
    06-21-22 08:59 AM
    My blackberry classic won’t ring out loud
    My blackberry classic is running blackberry os 10.3.2.

When I receive calls, the screen displays the caller alert but the phone doesn’t ring out loud. Text alerts and others also do not cause an audible notification.

The profile is set to normal with volume up. I’ve even tried to create a custom profile with the volume up and vibrate on with no change.

I know for sure the ring tone speaker is working as when i adjust the ring tone volume, i can hear the ring tone fine.

I have tried:

checked notifications on normal (and sound on ) went to “phone” in normal profile override profile settings.

used different sim card

went through the tests using blackberry virtual expert
    all tests passed !

security wiped device

installed autoloader twice (from crackberry)

current state:

calls text no sound
    whatsapp calls vibrate only

just a side note … to get pass the initial searching for network screen i have to connect to wifi then click hotspot, then press on and hold blackberry logo on screen then press call end button while still holding where logo is, to get to home screen

Has any one else experienced this? Any ideas on how to solve this?
    Im only interested in getting it to ring loud not worried about the side note above.

Many thanks
    So you have an actual sound set to play on that profile? Try a few different tones, or use one of your own.
    06-21-22 05:43 PM
    I have the same problem with my Classic. Speaker also works fine for everything else except notifications, same with vibrations and LED.
    It seems to be a problem with the 'hotspot' method you describe I assume. This somehow seems to break notifications.
    I didn't find a different way to skip/finish setup when the device is locked by BB Protect, though.
    10-02-22 10:55 AM