My blackberry classic speakerphone ringtone any music or video sounds stopped suddenly .what is the solution for this pls do help me
    11-20-15 11:15 AM
    It's possible that a hardware failure has occurred but use BBVE to troubleshoot your audio.

If all passes then check your individual settings under Notifications.

I'm not convinced a reboot will correct this but you can always try with a power button long press.

Given that it is both video and ringer that are problems unfortunately it may be a hardware speaker issue. If so it will need to be replaced.
    11-20-15 12:32 PM
    This happened to me today. Heres how it went down: I was in the middle of a call on a passport with a BlackBerry headset (older wired model) when suddenly the audio cuts out and instead I hear an INSANE high very pitched tone cut through my ears. I yanked the headset from my ears from pain and find I am in the call but lost all audio. All speakers are not working. Ending the call, I try the call again- still no audio. Videos play silently. Right away did a reboot and behold the audio started working again.

Weird

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:16 AM
    Always happens to me. I have to restart it and that usually helps, but it is annoying and I need a permanent fix

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 12:37 PM
    I had this happen had to always plug headset cord in then hit 3dots and change audio to speaker then all works for a bit but would change on its own back to headset vol, I think its a headset jack gone bad and shorts out or something

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 02:59 PM
    Good to hear others had the issue. Yes The headset I was using was pretty old. Now I use another. Side note: Can't keep the Passport to my ear for longer than 5 min call- it does not feel comfortable at all .

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:12 AM