So I will man up, dry my tears and wait for shop BlackBerry to release the unlocked Classic...what can you do?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 08:42 PM
    So... My Q10 is on AT&T and I love the speeds and reception of LTE in NYC. Look into the following link and see if AT&T will help you switch:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=qr4_hPax

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ZUqf5COq

The offer expired Feb 2014 but it's worth a shot calling their customer retention department (because they give you everything unlike the regular phone people) and seeing if they can offer you anything to jump ship.

For me it's easy, I just dial 611 and look for the option to "cancel account" and it goes straight to retention.

Without an account, you have to get to retention department by calling : 18002882020, or 18002220300, or 18775435937.

It's a long shot, but it's worth a try...

Posted via Commodore 64
    07-22-14 12:26 AM
    So... My Q10 is on AT&T and I love the speeds and reception of LTE in NYC. Look into the following link and see if AT&T will help you switch:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=LPiBR_91

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=2bY89E6m

The offer expired Feb 2014 but it's worth a shot calling their customer retention department (because they give you everything unlike the regular phone people) and seeing if they can offer you anything to jump ship.

For me it's easy, I just dial 611 and look for the option to "cancel account" and it goes straight to retention.

Without an account, you have to get to retention department by calling : 18002882020, or 18002220300, or 18775435937.

It's a long shot, but it's worth a try...

Posted via Commodore 64
    Thanks, I will definitely look into it...it will be great if they could help with the process of switching...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:18 AM
    Ohhh goodness...Bla1ze where are you...what's a girl to do when her carrier ***raped their customers w/o lube? Spare change, anyone have spare change?

Posted via CB10
    Wtf?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:21 AM
    Maybe I am in the minority here...but if you can't afford 650 for a phone maybe you should be looking at cheaper options such as a generic flip phone? In the grand scheme of things, 650 isn't very much money.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-24-14 10:15 AM
    Wtf?

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly lol!

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    07-24-14 10:27 AM
    True, but it would be wise for BlackBerry to make money off the interest instead of any credit or credit card company.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Not... really. The credit business isn't a lot of fun unless you scale it up. Seriously, if you could qualify for BlackBerry financing, you could qualify for a bank card. Which would probably have a better interest rate, anyway.

Now, what MIGHT work would be for BlackBerry to come up with an affinity plan for an existing bank's MasterCard or Visa, that would allow BB fans to rack up loyalty points for future discounts.
    07-24-14 10:30 AM
    Maybe I am in the minority here...but if you can't afford 650 for a phone maybe you should be looking at cheaper options such as a generic flip phone? In the grand scheme of things, 650 isn't very much money.

Posted via CB10
    While I can somewhat see where you are coming from, it's kind of silly going from 650(which for a phone, is a decent chunk of change) to telling them to look into a generic flip phone. I feel like you are trying to be snide and make a rude comment indirectly, not needed.

To the OP,
    You have a Q10, which is a great phone. Stick with your phone/plan and slowly pay your way out of whatever you owe T-Mobile. By the time you are free you should know/see what US carriers offer Classic and either switch or be able to buy a used one to use on T-Mobile for a cheaper price.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen likes this.
    07-24-14 06:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    $650 for a smartphone isn't a lot to spend. Most can afford the price, but it is 2014. We live in a world where $650 will get you two OnePlus Ones or two Nexi. So yes, $650 isn't a lot of money, but man you can get far much more for your money if you look elsewhere. No way is any BlackBerry twice as good as either a OPO or a Nexus is so why pay twice the price? But hey, people are free to spend their money as they choose.

Sadly, BlackBerry can't get away with the BlackBerry tax anymore. Which is why we see every BlackBerry device released in recent years get huge price cuts after launching at a ridiculous price. Would be better if they launched a high end device at a low price and built up hype for it. Look at what that's done for OnePlus so far, they are a new company yet they have one of the most talked about smartphones of the year and they are selling them as quickly as they can build em.

BlackBerry's pricing strategy is one of things that is killing them.
    curtxxx likes this.
    07-25-14 05:03 PM
    There's still a little time before the Classic comes out... what about putting $50/$75/100 every other week or month on your credit card or in your savings account so that when you're ready to buy, a good portion of the cash required has already been set aside? Would make it more painless when you're not parting with a larger chunk at once.

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-09-14 03:43 AM
    Why would you even consider to buy a phone if purchasing one puts at risk of being evicted?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:52 AM
36 12