Hello

I bought a second hand BB Classic. My main use was to call, check email, some surfing and hotspot. Nothing Classic couldn't handle. Besides, I love physical keyboard! So shame new phones are just big screens

The thing is the hotspot feature is not working. I search a lot on this, result:

1- Some say maybe it is disabled by carrier. I don't know the first carrier (I'm in Iran, and we don't have carriers like most other countries), but I know in here, carriers don't disable such functions.
    2- Phone is not branded or locked. No branding on phone, no additional logos on startup, also checked if phone is locked or not (which is obviously not, because I'm using it with another carrier right now).
    3- I recently updated OS to 10.3.3.3216 (I don't remember old version, but I'm sure it was less that this).

After all, mobile wireless hotspot is not being activated. I can tether using USB (using it to be here) or Bluetooth, but not wireless.
    I can connect to other networks using WiFi, so wireless hardware is working.

I will be more than happy to debug it myself, I just need some clues on what to do.

Thanks!
    10-03-18 08:03 AM
    Even if carriers don't block such things, you might need to add the tethering APN to your device. What carrier are you using?
    10-03-18 08:29 AM
    I had to use bluetooth to tether on my Passport and it worked well enjoy for me.
    10-03-18 08:34 AM
    When you turn on Hotpot, you may need off your wifi connection. Otherwise try different APN setting

Posted via CB10
    10-03-18 08:47 AM