What's the difference between Microsoft PowerPoint in Docs to Go and BlackBerry Express?

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-02-15 10:22 AM
    One is PowerPoint which is a full-featured paid app and Express is a scaled down version of PP that is free.
    06-02-15 12:32 PM
    Usability and simplicity.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 01:10 PM
    I love BlackBerry Express but it's been in Beta for over a year now. The options are so limited rendering it unusable for my job. I don't believe I can save anything in ppt format, and I can only use the basic themes allowed in the app. My employer has a specific colour scheme which we use for presentations, and Express doesn't meet it.

Also, I'm limited to the number of pages a presentation can be? Why?

I'd rather use my computer - laptop or desktop - for presentations tbh because MS PP is still the business standard.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-02-15 01:39 PM
    I love BlackBerry Express but it's been in Beta for over a year now. The options are so limited rendering it unusable for my job. I don't believe I can save anything in ppt format, and I can only use the basic themes allowed in the app. My employer has a specific colour scheme which we use for presentations, and Express doesn't meet it.

Also, I'm limited to the number of pages a presentation can be? Why?

I'd rather use my computer - laptop or desktop - for presentations tbh because MS PP is still the business standard.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Okay. I haven't used either one yet, but I was under the impression that MS PP wasn't fully functional, as in you couldn't created a PP just edit an existing file. I figured BlackBerry Express would allow you to create the PP and you could finish editing in MS PP. I guess I was wrong about it all.

06-02-15 03:44 PM
    Okay. I haven't used either one yet, but I was under the impression that MS PP wasn't fully functional, as in you couldn't created a PP just edit an existing file. I figured BlackBerry Express would allow you to create the PP and you could finish editing in MS PP. I guess I was wrong about it all.

Give it a shot. It would be a slick presentation if using for school. If you've got a z30 you can use miracast or usb to go via hdmi and put it on a big screen

06-02-15 05:17 PM
    Give it a shot. It would be a slick presentation if using for school. If you've got a z30 you can use miracast or usb to go via hdmi and put it on a big screen

I'm using a Classic. What device do you have?

06-02-15 05:18 PM
    I'm using a Classic. What device do you have?

Z30. Was using a Z10 before this.

06-02-15 07:13 PM
    Z30. Was using a Z10 before this.

How do you like either one? A friend of mine was going to get one, but I wasn't sure how they were. I only use the BlackBerry phones with physical keyboards.

06-02-15 07:43 PM
    I didn't really mind the form factor of the Z10. Good size, better screen than the Z30 but the battery life was horrible. Battery will vary based on usage but I found it below average.
    The Z30 I have is great. Much better battery life, the screen ppi is less than the Z10 so it took some time getting use to, but now I don't notice it anymore. You will if placed side by side to another phone. I like having the bigger screen. Is it worth buy one today? The Z10 to fool around with...to me...not with that battery life. The Z30, for the price, if you really like BlackBerry touch phones then yes. But keep in mind you'll be paying a lot for a phone which is two years old. For the same price, and sometimes a little more you can get an android phone with better specs. If you don't mind Android

Keep in mind with either phone, if your friend uses a lot of apps, BlackBerry is lacking. Snap and Cobalt's Google Play Store method will help a bit but not 100% fix. Snapchat, any Google app, clash of clans...things like that don't function 100%.

Any other questions let me know.

TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-03-15 05:34 AM
    You can't create PowerPoint from DocsToGo.

I personally find BlackBerry Express very good, but I can't say I have a lot of experience w/ it. It's not a part of my job yet.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    06-03-15 06:39 AM
    You can't create PowerPoint from DocsToGo.

I personally find BlackBerry Express very good, but I can't say I have a lot of experience w/ it. It's not a part of my job yet.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    I like your signature, lol.

06-03-15 07:47 AM