I'm about to buy a case for my BlackBerry Classic but not free nowadays so it would take some time.

Just wanted to know if these metallic sides are stainless? I've been using it without any case and so far it's quite good but I noticed two black dots on right side of the phone. I don't know how they get there.

How about your phone? Does it get scratches or black dots? Those dots seem like the silver colour has vanished or something.

Will they get bigger? Do you use your phone without any case?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 06:00 AM
    I can't speak for everyone, but I personally carry TWO Classics at all times. One has no case, and one does have a case. The one with no case is for work. The other is personal phone number and does have a case. Neither phone have had any of what you are asking about.

As far as the material being stainless or not, I do not know. But both my Classics, case or no case, have no marks, no black, nothing wrong at all. And I have been carrying them both since the Classic release day.

I also have some of my employees carrying Classics. I can tell you that the employees are not "Nice" to these phones, and work is wet environments. Their phones also are blemish free in the areas you are asking about.
    12-19-15 06:08 AM
    Can you post a picture for us.
    12-19-15 08:24 AM
    I've been using mine since launch completely naked, and I have some scuffs on the sides of mine from my Seidio holster and it just looks shinier while the normal finish is brushed looking. According to BB, it is stainless, and so was the Q10 (even the black frame) and I can at least verify that for the Q10 since I've taken many of those apart and replaced parts on them.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-19-15 11:12 AM
    I can't speak for everyone, but I personally carry TWO Classics at all times. One has no case, and one does have a case. The one with no case is for work. The other is personal phone number and does have a case. Neither phone have had any of what you are asking about.

As far as the material being stainless or not, I do not know. But both my Classics, case or no case, have no marks, no black, nothing wrong at all. And I have been carrying them both since the Classic release day.

I also have some of my employees carrying Classics. I can tell you that the employees are not "Nice" to these phones, and work is wet environments. Their phones also are blemish free in the areas you are asking about.
    I've seen my friends' phones and they are pretty neat and clean. I do take care of my phone as well but feeling frustrated after seeing those black dots(I don't if they are dots or scratches or something but surely they're annoying). Feeling like I should buy a case asap!

P.S Check out the pictures I'm going to post
    12-19-15 11:17 AM
    These are some pictures:
    Metallic sides of BlackBerry Classic-20151219_214753.jpg
    Metallic sides of BlackBerry Classic-20151219_214736.jpg
    Metallic sides of BlackBerry Classic-20151219_214716.jpg
    Metallic sides of BlackBerry Classic-20151219_214917.jpg

I keep my phone in another pocket so I don't think so that causes this and nor I remember putting my phone with some metallic stuff.
    12-19-15 11:28 AM
    Can you post a picture for us.
    Check the pictures.
    12-19-15 11:33 AM
    Those are not on the sides, those are on the bottom. Every BB phone has plastic pieces on the bottom, the metal going all the way around would interfere with certain things such as the antenna.

12-19-15 11:38 AM
    Those are not on the sides, those are on the bottom. Every BB phone has plastic pieces on the bottom, the metal going all the way around would interfere with certain things such as the antenna.

Yeah seems like I figured it out incorrectly. Well so it means I will not get these on the sides of my phone?
    12-19-15 11:45 AM
    Yeah seems like I figured it out incorrectly. Well so it means I will not get these on the sides of my phone?
    No, see that little line that separates that bottom piece from the rest of the frame? The majority of the frame are all stainless, but that bottom chin part is plastic so if you chip or scratch it, it will turn black unfortunately.

Edit: But the rest of it you don't have to worry about.

12-19-15 11:52 AM
    No, see that little line that separates that bottom piece from the rest of the frame? The majority of the frame are all stainless, but that bottom chin part is plastic so if you chip or scratch it, it will turn black unfortunately.

Edit: But the rest of it you don't have to worry about.

I noticed it now. Thank you for the information Appreciated

P.S: At least I can take my time to look for good case once I get free.
    12-19-15 11:58 AM
    Metallic sides of BlackBerry Classic-crackberry-image-6-.jpg

Here, look at the Xray image, notice that the Classic has metal all the way around except for the bottom, which is plastic. This is for radio antenna purposes.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 02:30 PM