Hey guys,

Just brought brand new blackberry classic, turned it on inserted my memory card into it and it wont pick up, this memory card was in my Q5 and worked perfectly, now it wont detect it in my classic but does on the Q5 any idea?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 07:30 AM
    Maybe it needs reformatting?
    03-12-15 07:42 AM
    Are they hot swappable?
    03-12-15 07:47 AM
    Take the SD card out, pop it into a USB card reader and plug it into a Windows PC.
    Check the Properties on the SD card, within Computer, to see what format the SD card is in.
    • If it's "exFat" and your Classic is running the factory built in OS, the device should have correctly identified and mounted the SD card for storage.
    • If you have loaded a leak or one of the very latest release OS's that is buggy, then it may have an issue downloading the exFat drivers, thus making the SD card undetectable.
    • If the SD card is formatted in "FAT32", the device should have had no problem seeing it.

To help migrate the SD card from the Q5 to the Classic, via the USB card reader, copy the contents off it onto your computer, then format the SD card to "FAT32".
    At this point, do not copy your files back on to it, pop the card into the Classic. You do not need to power down the Classic, or the Q5, when swapping in/out the SD card, the card is "hot swappable"
    See if the Classic can see the card.
    If it can, then remove it, put back into the USB card reader and format it to "exFAT" and repeat the same above.
    Use this method to best determine which format your Classic is happy with.
    Once you decide which format to keep, then format the SD card in the Classic (Settings/Storage and Access/Format Media Card), then pop it back into the USB card read and copy your files back onto it.
    You should be good to go at this point.
    03-12-15 07:52 AM
    Take the SD card out, pop it into a USB card reader and plug it into a Windows PC.
    Check the Properties on the SD card, within Computer, to see what format the SD card is in.
    • If it's "exFat" and your Classic is running the factory built in OS, the device should have correctly identified and mounted the SD card for storage.
    • If you have loaded a leak or one of the very latest release OS's that is buggy, then it may have an issue downloading the exFat drivers, thus making the SD card undetectable.
    • If the SD card is formatted in "FAT32", the device should have had no problem seeing it.

To help migrate the SD card from the Q5 to the Classic, via the USB card reader, copy the contents off it onto your computer, then format the SD card to "FAT32".
    At this point, do not copy your files back on to it, pop the card into the Classic. You do not need to power down the Classic, or the Q5, when swapping in/out the SD card, the card is "hot swappable"
    See if the Classic can see the card.
    If it can, then remove it, put back into the USB card reader and format it to "exFAT" and repeat the same above.
    Use this method to best determine which format your Classic is happy with.
    Once you decide which format to keep, then format the SD card in the Classic (Settings/Storage and Access/Format Media Card), then pop it back into the USB card read and copy your files back onto it.
    You should be good to go at this point.
    Just tried this, doesnt work on official 10.3.1 pushed through o2 uk, ill dl a autoloader of 2267 and see if it fixes it

-the autoloader didnt work. I've tried a couple of memory cards which ive formatted to Fat32 and exFAT and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by James97; 03-12-15 at 08:47 PM.
    03-12-15 07:23 PM
    Just tried this, doesnt work on official 10.3.1 pushed through o2 uk, ill dl a autoloader of 2267 and see if it fixes it

-the autoloader didnt work. I've tried a couple of memory cards which ive formatted to Fat32 and exFAT and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    You may have a defective device then.
    I would take it back to were you got it for warranty.
    03-13-15 04:33 AM
    You may have a defective device then.
    I would take it back to were you got it for warranty.
    Getting a replacement in the next 1-3 working days yay, is this just a one off issue or have you seen others with this problem?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 08:32 AM
    Getting a replacement in the next 1-3 working days yay, is this just a one off issue or have you seen others with this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I have not had issues with my BlackBerry devices and the SD card, other than formatting vs OS as I described above.
    I have seen posts describing failed SD cards and devices, but I do not recall one mentioning the device was defective out of the box in reading a SD card.
    03-13-15 09:40 AM
    Do a hard reboot. Same thing happened with me with my new unit. I inserted SD card before I powered it on, then I rebooted twice. The second time it said it had to download the SD card drivers, at least that's what it was saying on the screen. Once I did that and the drivers loaded up, everything worked as it should.
    03-13-15 02:58 PM