Earlier today, I did some backing-up of my BB Classic. I connected it to my computer via USB, accessed some of my files via Windows' file manager and copied them to my computer's hard drive. I also used BlackBerry Link to back-up my contacts.

Post-back-up, I went back to my phone, opened the Pictures app and received

Error

The media library can't be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists.

Obviously, I restarted (via the power button, via the volume up + volume down keys and via alt + shift + delete), but that hasn't helped. I'm still able to see my pictures via File Manager on my phone and via my computer (using either BlackBerry Link or Windows' file manager) but I can't open the Pictures app.

I've looked at similar posts in this forum but they're all several years old and related to OS updates or SD cards (the pictures I want to see are on my device). Is there anything to do besides wipe my device?
    12-28-20 08:05 PM
    Earlier today, I did some backing-up of my BB Classic. I connected it to my computer via USB, accessed some of my files via Windows' file manager and copied them to my computer's hard drive. I also used BlackBerry Link to back-up my contacts.

Post-back-up, I went back to my phone, opened the Pictures app and received

Error

The media library can't be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists.

Obviously, I restarted (via the power button, via the volume up + volume down keys and via alt + shift + delete), but that hasn't helped. I'm still able to see my pictures via File Manager on my phone and via my computer (using either BlackBerry Link or Windows' file manager) but I can't open the Pictures app.

I've looked at similar posts in this forum but they're all several years old and related to OS updates or SD cards (the pictures I want to see are on my device). Is there anything to do besides wipe my device?
    Copy your media to your SD card and then wipe.

But it's 2020, so sync everything to the cloud. You should never have to do a backup.
    12-29-20 01:03 AM
    Your answer to, "Is there anything to do besides wipe my device?" is, "Wipe your device"?
    12-29-20 02:20 AM
    Copy your media to your SD card and then wipe.

But it's 2020, so sync everything to the cloud. You should never have to do a backup.
    Oh I sync everything.... but still like to do some backups as well.
    12-29-20 09:15 AM