Maybe Chen and gang are on to something......

In a business meeting, noticed a guy had a new Classic. I asked him how he liked it, needless to say he loves it.

What struck me was what he said...... "I just got rid of an Android, it just wasn't 'me'. You remember the old 9900? That was the best phone ever, and now with the Classic, I got that back again! "

It appears to me, lots of people miss their old 9900 (I am one of them, but dayum am I loving the PP), and the Classic brings it all back!
    01-14-15 05:45 AM
    I had a few older bbos devices, then got the Z10 because I couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the Q10..
    Fell in love with the Z, but I've been eying the classic since it launched and waiting for my savings to grow enough to get me some of this! :P

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:07 AM
    Guess we'll have to wait and see what sales are. We do have some members here coming from bbos not liking it. That could be few though.
    01-14-15 06:42 AM
    Guess we'll have to wait and see what sales are. We do have some members here coming from bbos not liking it..
    IMHO, far more people visit forums in general to complain, than to talk about how great their device is....
    01-14-15 07:05 AM
    I have seen the first one in the wild yesterday in To downtown, an elegant middle age business lady, sure of herself. I can see that BlackBerry looks like more and more a brand for decision maker with high purchasing power than the general public. That's a feeling, I am not sure if i am right. And this is not necessarily a bad thing anyways.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-14-15 07:44 AM
    sticking with the 9900 this no need to upgrade from it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    01-14-15 07:47 AM
    I have seen the first one in the wild yesterday in To downtown, an elegant middle age business lady, sure of herself. I can see that BlackBerry looks like more and more a brand for decision maker with high purchasing power than the general public.
    I think you are on to something here, this particular individual was business minded and runs an auto dealership empire.

I needed a new truck for our business.

Clearly, BlackBerry is for us types that need to get real biz done on our phones rather than play silly games on iToys...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:17 AM
    Uh Oh! You will anger all the Apple users again.
    I think you are on to something here, this particular individual was business minded and runs an auto dealership empire.

I needed a new truck for our business.

Clearly, BlackBerry is for us types that need to get real biz done on our phones rather than play silly games on iToys...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:26 AM
    sticking with the 9900 this no need to upgrade from it

Problem I had with my 9900 is the OS freezes and crashes. Don't miss OS 7 at all. BB10 is 100x better.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:32 AM
    Most problems with OS7 are usually related to themes. Run a clean default stuff and most user are fine.
    01-14-15 08:38 AM
    mines work fine no crash internet is fast i have no bis at all dont need it i have facebook instagram email u name it on a 45.00 pre paid i had a q10 i didnt like the screen is a joke had the z10 phone is slow and the classic is just a clone of the 9900

01-14-15 08:40 AM
    mines work fine no crash internet is fast i have no bis at all dont need it i have facebook instagram email u name it on a 45.00 pre paid i had a q10 i didnt like the screen is a joke had the z10 phone is slow and the classic is just a clone of the 9900

To each his own. Ive had the 9900 and it was a basic call and text phone. This classic can do things better than the 9900 for sure.
    mk2234 likes this.
    01-14-15 08:49 AM
    Only way to tell is the next quarterly report... even then, BB has gotten into the bad habit of not breaking the device sales down by device... really not hopeful but will wait and see...
    01-14-15 08:53 AM
    The duct tape on the old BBOS phones can only hold so long.

Here is a device purposely built for the holdouts. The time will never be better than now to move on. There will never again be a device from ANY platform that will make the transition any easier.

The transition will not be seamless. Features will not be the same. But it won't get any better.

It's time.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-14-15 08:59 AM
    the classic is not a transition the pad is useless on bb10 and people hate to admit to it .they on made the phone to people u were crying about the track pad thats all its just for looks dont get me wrong im not bashing bb10 os i love it but the phones there making not putting thoughts and these old hardware people talking about is not a problem when new apps start coming out that are not for blackberry there are gonna be tons of problems

bathtub95 likes this.
    01-14-15 09:28 AM
    the classic is not a transition the pad is useless on bb10 and people hate to admit to it .they on made the phone to people u were crying about the track pad thats all its just for looks dont get me wrong im not bashing bb10 os i love it but the phones there making not putting thoughts and these old hardware people talking about is not a problem when new apps start coming out that are not for blackberry there are gonna be tons of problems

Although many diehard BBOS users who have switched to the Classic would disagree with you, it doesn't matter. Say what you want, but this is as close as it will ever get. That's my point.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Carmels likes this.
    01-14-15 09:32 AM
    classic with passport specs would of been the ultimate blackberry device now its just a old snapdragon s4 thats already dead for 450.00

01-14-15 09:41 AM

Here is a device purposely built for the holdouts. The time will never be better than now to move on. There will never again be a device from ANY platform that will make the transition any easier.

The transition will not be seamless. Features will not be the same. But it won't get any better.

It's time.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    I think you're right. The transition to BB10 will never be easier than with the Classic. However, bblackberry83 raises a good point - the 9900 is a better 9900 than the Classic is. And if the 9900 (or 9700) did all the things you wanted, the way you wanted to do them, and the Classic does not, then the bigger question is whether the right move is to a BB10 device or to a competing platform. I have agonized over this question for a long time. The things I (personally) love about BBOS didn't make it over to BB10. When leaving BBOS, BB10 is not particularly interesting to me. I am VERY interested in seeing whether the Classic really does do well in the professional marketplace. Very few of the lawyers, bankers, brokers, lenders or executives I work with still use Blackberry phones. And while they clearly don't NEED apps and ecosystems to do their jobs, they appear to enjoy having them on their new phones. Interesting times!
    01-14-15 09:43 AM
    classic with passport specs would of been the ultimate blackberry device now its just a old snapdragon s4 thats already dead for 450.00

This would be an exciting phone to have.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:46 AM

That would be nice, and it may come to pass with the Classic II. But for now, they just needed to get out a lower cost, down and dirty, BBOS replacement device for enterprise. That's the money shot.

The executives can play with their high-end Passports.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-14-15 09:51 AM
    Most problems with OS7 are usually related to themes. Run a clean default stuff and most user are fine.
    For the record, never installed a theme on my 9000 or 9900 and I had spinning clock issues constantly. So, it was something deeper than a theme issue.
    I did notice when I traveled internationally I didn't have as many issues, but I kept data off while traveling as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:35 PM
    I had the 9900 and loved the look, feel and keyboard. Sold it for the Z10, then got a Q10 after a year and a half. When the Classic came out, was not too sure if I wanted to shell out $450 for another phone with similar specs to the Q10. But I am so glad I did. The keyboard is amazing, so much better and wider than the Q10. The LCD screen is crisp and gorgeous. Was not a fan of the amoled and the extra size does make a difference. The overall look of the phone is gorgeous. I have had no lags, the few Android apps I use run smooth and I am very pleased.

Posted via Classic
    01-14-15 10:03 PM
    I had a few older bbos devices, then got the Z10 because I couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the Q10..
    Fell in love with the Z, but I've been eying the classic since it launched and waiting for my savings to grow enough to get me some of this!

Posted via CB10
    Live for now, save for later
    01-15-15 07:04 PM

It's time.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    I'm just waiting for VZW...my Z10 and Q10 have been sitting in the drawer for quite some time just waiting for my current 9930 to join them. HURRY UP VZW!!!! :-)
    01-15-15 07:30 PM
    Problem I had with my 9900 is the OS freezes and crashes. Don't miss OS 7 at all. BB10 is 100x better.
    Exactly. 7 is horrid. The device was and still is amazing. The Classic is a souped up 9900. Love having the toolbelt back.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 01:51 PM
33 12