I used BlackBerry Maps for the first time in many years with my Classic today. It lost GPS signal a few times on my one hour drive. GPS was lost for about 10 seconds or so at a time.

Is this typical/normal? Would it be the software or hardware with the issue?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-19 11:20 AM
    Or it could be the terrain... For best results you need to "see" 4 satellites (3 can work with less accuracy). Where you place your phone in the car, mountains, buildings, bridges and tunnels - can all affect the signal.

10 Seconds out of 3,600 Seconds isn't too bad...
    07-29-19 11:31 AM
    I used BlackBerry Maps for the first time in many years with my Classic today. It lost GPS signal a few times on my one hour drive. GPS was lost for about 10 seconds or so at a time.

Is this typical/normal? Would it be the software or hardware with the issue?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on other factors (clear sky, terrain) but could be weak GPS. Try "Hello GPS" to try to lock into satellites more actively before using any mapping app.

Posted via CB10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    07-29-19 06:28 PM
    Imnot sure about this but isit possible with headphonejack the gps lock is clearer. Ofcourse with using cellphonetower information

NAvFREE turnedout pretty useful but needs 1gig for an offline map download
    Last edited by dubengeldu; 08-09-19 at 05:35 PM.
    08-09-19 05:06 PM
    Or it could be the terrain... For best results you need to "see" 4 satellites (3 can work with less accuracy). Where you place your phone in the car, mountains, buildings, bridges and tunnels - can all affect the signal.

10 Seconds out of 3,600 Seconds isn't too bad...
    Is this something the "hello gps" would help with ?? I was thinking about downloading it but I'm not sure how it works

Posted via CB10
    10-21-19 02:23 PM