Power users want keyboard and trackpad precisely because we value performance.
    Also, something we all would like to see improved is the camera, well, part of the equation is the power of the processor. People seem to forget that JPG's are compressed images and a lot of processing have to be done from the RAW image captured by the camera before it is saved as a JPG. All of the top-end digital cameras have very high performance processors inside them for this very reason. The professional photographers still do not trust those and would save their images in RAW format to process manually with their home computers using programs like Adobe Lightroom... You can put the highest quality lens with the highest quality sensor on the phone and if the processor is mediocre, your photos will look mediocre. Simple as that... I've listed several reasons to want better specs already, this is another to add to the list.
    05-27-14 01:08 AM
    And to further address the "power users don't need specs" argument, right now my Q10 has an issue where if I have a lot of texts for a certain contact, sometimes it'll lag (like minutes, not seconds) before it'll load the previous messages and allows me to send a new text. No, I will not settle by deleting texts. I like to keep my texts because I OFTEN go back to look up old texts, so no, I will not settle, I want my phone to have the processing power so this won't happen and an OS optimized to handle it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    That problem would likely not be improved by faster hardware. It's more of an OS design issue, it seems. Or at least a deep seated issue with the method of implementing the SMS app on BB10.

Point being, any phone with a 1 GHz + processor and 2 GB of RAM should never take literally minutes to open an SMS thread and scroll the input cursor to the bottom. No matter how many messages there are.
    05-27-14 01:21 AM
    Power users want keyboard and trackpad precisely because we value performance.
    The need for more mobile processor power is usually driven by screen animations and pixels is it not?
    05-27-14 07:39 AM
    The need for more mobile processor power is usually driven by screen animations and pixels is it not?
    He would not know. He's probably intimately familiar with mainframes, terminals, and punchcards.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 08:20 AM
    Good point. Isn't that the role of the GPU?
    05-27-14 08:22 AM
    It really does not matter. What you button aficionados don't seem to get is that to make a device even remotely useful for mobile computing you need to have screen real estate. Buttons take that away. The more buttons you have, the less screen real estate you will have. This is a direct tradeoff and unless BlackBerry comes out with a slider form-factor again, it will continue to be a tradeoff. All shortcuts in the world won't make editing Excel sheets viable on a 3 inch screen. As for email editing, any current device is more than good enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 08:28 AM
    It really does not matter. What you button aficionados don't seem to get is that to make a device even remotely useful for mobile computing you need to have screen real estate. Buttons take that away. The more buttons you have, the less screen real estate you will have. This is a direct tradeoff and unless BlackBerry comes out with a slider form-factor again, it will continue to be a tradeoff. All shortcuts in the world won't make editing Excel sheets viable on a 3 inch screen. As for email editing, any current device is more than good enough.

Posted via CB10
    The trackpad makes excel editing a JOY on very small screens. Database searches, including message databases, are still processor dependent.
    05-27-14 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    What you glass aficionados don't seem to get is that the only reason you need more screen real estate is because you are using glass. Excel on glass is miserable. Excel on the the 9900's tiny screen is a total joy, in comparison.
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-27-14 at 08:57 AM.
    05-27-14 08:45 AM
    That's a false assumption on BlackBerry's part, then. For people with small hands, swiping on a big phone is so much harder than using keyboard shortcuts, when you can't hold the phone securely in one hand. As a current Q10 user, I was looking forward to the Classic as an upgrade, not just as another Q10 with a trackpad. So far, it seems that no other keyboarded BlackBerry in the pipeline is going to be small enough for me to hold in one hand. If I need real estate, I'll get a tablet. ::not pleased::

I think that there is a feeling that if you as a user are willing to sacrifice screen real estate for a keyboard and a trackpad then the high-end specs are probably not that important.

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    idssteve likes this.
    05-27-14 09:29 AM
    He would not know. He's probably intimately familiar with mainframes, terminals, and punchcards.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the two of you are the clueless ones. The quad-core cpu that Samsung is using is for the sake of battery saving. Something really important to business and power users. You have low power cores handle the low power functions and the high power cores only come online when needed. Also, getting operations done quicker means using less battery since the screen spends less time sitting there with a loading sign... A faster CPU helps with everything. But hey, you only know what the tv tells you right?

05-27-14 02:30 PM
    Hey now, stop making sense, you're interrupting their circle jerk...

05-27-14 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    LMAO!

Oh wait, you were serious. Um, yes, good point, you are very intelligent. :-)

05-27-14 02:32 PM
    Hey now, stop making sense, you're interrupting their circle jerk...

Yeah, i just don't get these people. I don't get BBRY, either. The condescending bigotry against keys around here is breathtaking. I'm guilty of more than a little preemptive condescension myself so i'm not complaining. If you can't take it, don't dish it out... BUT, when the dust settles, BBRY must offer a device that legacy holdouts will pay them money for. Power users, getting by with what they have, are NOT going to pay good money for LESS capability. Assuming BBRY wants our money. Of course if BBRY is making all the money they want, that's their prerogative. My prerogative is to stick with what i have, upgrade to an IMPROVED belt model, or abandon BBRY altogether. My prerogative depends on theirs.
    05-27-14 07:59 PM
    When it comes right down to it people who want the tool belt are the minority. Blackberry is losing lots of money right now and getting new customers is very important. The classic is an easy transition for business, but people who want a physical keyboard, tool belt, and bleeding edge hardware are a small number. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but like it or not that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know that? Legacy handset sales are higher than BB10 sales. Part of that is that they are much more productive due to the toolbelt. It's not a matter of old vs new; it's a matter of what works and what seems trendy. I'll be sorely disappointed if the Q20 is rocking Q10 internals.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 08:19 PM
    Yeah, i just don't get these people. I don't get BBRY, either. The condescending bigotry against keys around here is breathtaking. I'm guilty of more than a little preemptive condescension myself so i'm not complaining. If you can't take it, don't dish it out... BUT, when the dust settles, BBRY must offer a device that legacy holdouts will pay them money for. Power users, getting by with what they have, are NOT going to pay good money for LESS capability. Assuming BBRY wants our money. Of course if BBRY is making all the money they want, that's their prerogative. My prerogative is to stick with what i have, upgrade to an IMPROVED belt model, or abandon BBRY altogether. My prerogative depends on theirs.
    Good post. I'll be hard pressed to stick with BlackBerry if they don't offer modern hardware inside the upcoming Q20.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 08:21 PM
    Good post. I'll be hard pressed to stick with BlackBerry if they don't offer modern hardware inside the upcoming Q20.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, how many Q10 users will pay money to buy Q20s JUST for the belt? Easier to justify an upgrade when its an upgrade. Can BBRY really afford to miss that sales opportunity?
    05-27-14 09:12 PM
    And these people don't realize that "businessmen" will not dish out their money for an "obsolete" device. If they did that, they wouldn't be very successful businessmen. Part of the reason some are holding out with legacy devices is the cost. They are cheap, and if they did everything they wanted, then why switch? BB needs to give them a device that's truly "worth it" for them to switch...

05-27-14 09:25 PM
    And these people don't realize that "businessmen" will not dish out their money for an "obsolete" device. If they did that, they wouldn't be very successful businessmen. Part of the reason some are holding out with legacy devices is the cost. They are cheap, and if they did everything they wanted, then why switch? BB needs to give them a device that's truly "worth it" for them to switch...

Most "businessmen" own iPhones because they are the "IT" thing to have. They won't give BlackBerry so much as a look, let alone buy one. The Q20 is meant as a cost effective path for enterprise holdouts. These are going to be mandated phones, not chosen phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 11:38 PM
    Most "businessmen" own iPhones because they are the "IT" thing to have. They won't give BlackBerry so much as a look, let alone buy one. The Q20 is meant as a cost effective path for enterprise holdouts. These are going to be mandated phones, not chosen phones.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you on BlackBerry? What does BB glass do for you that iPhone glass didn't do? Just trying to understand.
    05-28-14 01:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know more than a few guys who rely on their cell phones for business use that have stuck with legacy BB devices by choice. One was even given an iphone by his company and he tried it for a day and gave it back and went back to his BB Curve... The owner of the company I work for uses a BB 9900...
    05-28-14 03:29 AM
    Why are you on BlackBerry? What does BB glass do for you that iPhone glass didn't do? Just trying to understand.
    Glass because of screen real estate. I spend tons of time per day reading, reviewing, and responding to emails, documents, texts, and on the Web.

BlackBerry because of the HUB, keyboard (best there is regardless if virtual or physical), efficiency of gesture based controls, and to some degree out-of-the-box integration. I have had BlackBerry devices since 8000 series and I have also had and used all recent top tier Android devices (Nexus 5, LG G2, Galaxy series, etc.) and the iPhone 5/5S and while they are all good their overall communication handling ability is very sub-par to BlackBerry, both BBOS and BlackBerry 10. My last device before moving to all-glass BlackBerry 10 has been the Bold 9900. Fantastic device in its own right but not nearly as good as BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry Z30 because of battery life and screen size (just size, not quality). I can go all day long without needing a plug or battery swaps and the extra screen size is good for the eyes and it makes typing/editing easier.

Definitely *not* with BlackBerry because of hardware specs. BlackBerry devices are a joke compared to what is out there today in regards to hardware specs. The devices feel and run 2-3 years behind the curve.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:17 AM
    Never assume. I'm not an Enterprise or a BBOS holdout. I am interested in the Q20 because it will likely be the most comfortable keyboarded phone for me to hold. I'm disappointed that it won't really be a processor upgrade, but there is nothing better out there.

. . . The Q20 is meant as a cost effective path for enterprise holdouts. These are going to be mandated phones, not chosen phones.

05-28-14 10:31 AM
    Never assume. I'm not an Enterprise or a BBOS holdout. I am interested in the Q20 because it will likely be the most comfortable keyboarded phone for me to hold. I'm disappointed that it won't really be a processor upgrade, but there is nothing better out there.

Drop in the bucket my friend. You are still not the target market. That's a fact.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 11:02 AM
    Drop in the bucket my friend. You are still not the target market. That's a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Leave, bud. You're obnoxious.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 11:04 AM
    Leave, bud. You're obnoxious.

Posted via CB10
    But then who would we turn to when we need a know-it-all???

05-28-14 11:41 AM
83 1234