IMO BB Should drop the Q range and bring back the toolbelt on the physical keyboard phones.
    05-17-14 08:38 AM
    So the minority deserves less? If they are already ordering the chips, camera modules, and all of those things, would it hurt their business to put them into the Classic and charge more for it? If someone is dead-set on having the toolbelt, they will likely shell out a bit more for one with high-end specs.

JC claimed the Classic will be a line, how about release a mid-priced version and a high-end version?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    No but from a business standpoint it's better for them to cater to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 08:41 AM
    No but from a business standpoint it's better for them to cater to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    How is that working for them? It could be argued that from a business standpoint it's BEST for them to LEAD the masses. Apple & Andy are currently leading the masses. BBRY needed to really knock the Z out of the park a year ago. I'm no marketing wizard but it doesn't look to me like that happened. BBRY jumping ahead of Andy and Apple directions any time in the not too distant future seems unlikely to me. BBRY DOES, however, have an opportunity to start leading the masses in a DIFFERENT direction. Q20 has already established possibilities for that.
    05-17-14 11:53 AM
    And to further address the "power users don't need specs" argument, right now my Q10 has an issue where if I have a lot of texts for a certain contact, sometimes it'll lag (like minutes, not seconds) before it'll load the previous messages and allows me to send a new text. No, I will not settle by deleting texts. I like to keep my texts because I OFTEN go back to look up old texts, so no, I will not settle, I want my phone to have the processing power so this won't happen and an OS optimized to handle it...

DJ BigToe likes this.
    05-17-14 05:15 PM
    Personally, would rather it be called "Bold" and labeled B20 but agree that's probably what BBRY is up to with that name. If so, it will be another mistake in a long list. BBRY, and some at this site, appear to me to have consciously chosen to abandon BlackBerry, and CrackBerry's, power user roots. Maybe some limitation in BBRY'S production structure will limit the device? If so, power users will likely apply their skills to adapt and optimize because we have no choice. Where else can we go to get a tool belt device? BBRY already has a captured monopoly on that segment. Why would they abandon that? Why abandon the very people the "consumer" crowd looks up to when productivity counts?

Vette's, Cobra's, Challengers, Mustangs, etc aren't built because of the vast numbers they'll sell. Or even the crazy margins they'll command. "Flagships" exist because "consumers" see what Power Users drive into the parking lot. Suburbans, Excursions, Z30's, etc are all fine devices for their intended market. Hwy 101 is a fine highway. Some of us prefer Vettes and Bold's and a good day on Hwy 1.
    You hit the nail
    @mrhotrodheaven
    05-17-14 06:51 PM
    And to further address the "power users don't need specs" argument, right now my Q10 has an issue where if I have a lot of texts for a certain contact, sometimes it'll lag (like minutes, not seconds) before it'll load the previous messages and allows me to send a new text. No, I will not settle by deleting texts. I like to keep my texts because I OFTEN go back to look up old texts, so no, I will not settle, I want my phone to have the processing power so this won't happen and an OS optimized to handle it...

This is a software problem - not a cpu issue.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296/442bars
    05-17-14 08:20 PM
    This is a software problem - not a cpu issue.

Yes, the CPU plays no part in the processing of the list of text messages. I for some insane reason think it has to do with both, thus why I mentioned both aspects. But what the hell do I know?

05-17-14 11:15 PM
    Then there is still that thing called 'choice', were you get to choose what is right for you and buy the Q20 or the Q30, neither or both!

Maybe they should make each model in black, white, red, yellow, green, brown........... oh yeah and purple. Don't want to neglect the purple lovers. On that note we better not forget teal, orange, lavender and taupe as well.
    dejanh likes this.
    05-17-14 11:25 PM
    Yes, the CPU plays no part in the processing of the list of text messages. I for some insane reason think it has to do with both, thus why I mentioned both aspects. But what the hell do I know?

Check your cpu load in device manager the next time you're waiting for your text messages to show up. You'll see what I mean.

05-18-14 12:21 AM
    IMO BB Should drop the Q range and bring back the toolbelt on the physical keyboard phones.
    The physical keyboard phones ARE the "Q" series.
    donemt likes this.
    05-18-14 07:25 PM
    How is that working for them? It could be argued that from a business standpoint it's BEST for them to LEAD the masses. Apple & Andy are currently leading the masses. BBRY needed to really knock the Z out of the park a year ago. I'm no marketing wizard but it doesn't look to me like that happened. BBRY jumping ahead of Andy and Apple directions any time in the not too distant future seems unlikely to me. BBRY DOES, however, have an opportunity to start leading the masses in a DIFFERENT direction. Q20 has already established possibilities for that.
    Catering to their legacy users hasn't helped either. Unless you want to get BlackBerry stuck in a niche market you need to draw in new customers. Focusing most of your resources on existing customers when you have so few is a losing strategy. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see a super high end Q20 esque phone, but they don't have the resources to do that right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 07:51 PM
    Umm...false.
    Tool belts wasted space. BB10 is designed to eliminate that need. I loved my 9930, but my Q10 is way better. Just a learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 08:50 PM
    If you are still using BB7 over BB10, why should I spend money giving you cutting edge specs? You are probably using a 2011 or earlier device over a device with decent specs. The toolbelt and OS functionality are obviously enough keep you.

So, the tactic is that the Q30 will be targeted to attract the "mainstream" crowd while the Classic (Q20) will be for us hardcore BB keyboard lovers who have stuck it out with BB all of this time right?

Well, the rumors have it the Q30 will be getting a bad-*** quad-core CPU, a 13MP camera, 3gb of RAM and 1440x1440 resolution screen.

What are the rumors for the Classic? 2 year old internal specs (Q10 specs) with the same old dual-core CPU with a 720x720 screen??

I'm hoping those rumors are not true and that the final specs are not in yet, meaning they are just testing out the interface with the toolbelt with a dev unit or something, because if that's the case, then that's screwed up that we get screwed while the people they are trying to draw in with the gimmicky 3-row keyboard and the overly fat device will get high-end internal specs...

I hope there is a "Classic" coming out with great specs as well and the traditional keyboard layout...

05-25-14 08:56 PM
    Catering to their legacy users hasn't helped either. Unless you want to get BlackBerry stuck in a niche market you need to draw in new customers. Focusing most of your resources on existing customers when you have so few is a losing strategy. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see a super high end Q20 esque phone, but they don't have the resources to do that right now.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if they had actually catered to their legacy users, we wouldn't be waiting three years for a worthy successor to the 9900. Abandoning existing customers is not expanding. Adding NEW customers to your existing customers is the sane way to expand. Don't abandon the bird in your hand until that OTHER bird is securely in your other hand!

Apple's bird is not securely in BBRY's hand. The Storm and Z didn't jump ahead of Andy&Apple. Legacy hold outs are NOT to blame. BBRY might just be consigned to niche status for a while. The very legacy hold outs BBRY abandoned might just be the seed bbry's future sprouts from.
    05-25-14 10:31 PM
    If you are still using BB7 over BB10, why should I spend money giving you cutting edge specs? You are probably using a 2011 or earlier device over a device with decent specs. The toolbelt and OS functionality are obviously enough keep you.
    I'm using the Q10... smh
    05-26-14 03:49 AM
    If their ONLY goal is to just retain their tool belt market then you might be right. The tool belt obviously provides adequate productivity leverage to help overcome mediocre internal specs. If their goal is to expand markets by attracting NEW customers, they'll need top end specs. The tool belt provides bbry a marketable advantage over Apple&Andy. Assuming they don't cripple it with mediocre internals and half hearted compromises. BBRY needed to knock it out of the park with the Z. They didn't. BBRY needs to knock it out of the park with their toolbelt. Given their track record, they probably won't. Hence the abominable name "Classic".
    05-26-14 07:30 AM
    So, the tactic is that the Q30 will be targeted to attract the "mainstream" crowd while the Classic (Q20) will be for us hardcore BB keyboard lovers who have stuck it out with BB all of this time right?

Well, the rumors have it the Q30 will be getting a bad-*** quad-core CPU, a 13MP camera, 3gb of RAM and 1440x1440 resolution screen.

What are the rumors for the Classic? 2 year old internal specs (Q10 specs) with the same old dual-core CPU with a 720x720 screen??

I'm hoping those rumors are not true and that the final specs are not in yet, meaning they are just testing out the interface with the toolbelt with a dev unit or something, because if that's the case, then that's screwed up that we get screwed while the people they are trying to draw in with the gimmicky 3-row keyboard and the overly fat device will get high-end internal specs...

I hope there is a "Classic" coming out with great specs as well and the traditional keyboard layout...

The way I see it you deserve the low specs to compliment your legacy experience. You'll have nice legacy keys and a sluggish device. True legacy.

Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 12:22 PM
    The way I see it you deserve the low specs to compliment your legacy experience. You'll have nice legacy keys and a sluggish device. True legacy.

Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    So... hardcore BB supporters all use legacy devices??? Like I've said too many times already, I'm on a Q10. I sure enjoy the level of literacy here...

05-26-14 03:29 PM
    Spec wars.. hard to believe people still fall for it.
    05-26-14 03:37 PM

Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    The way i see it, maybe cognitively challenged iKids that must point to pictures with their fingers deserve to go back to finger painting and let adults get some WORK done!!

Hahahaha
    05-26-14 03:38 PM
    Spec wars.. hard to believe people still fall for it.
    I don't need it to be the "fastest" just be on par with the times. New apps and new functions will require more processing power. Do you think image editing is an easy task? If your hardware is limited, so will your ability to do such tasks. A lot of the little gimmicks Samsung advertises with their camera, like that action shot crap, anyone can do on photoshop, but that's the thing, if the phone's CPU wasn't fast enough, it wouldn't be able to do it on the fly like that. I'm not saying I'm dying for action shot, I honestly don't ever see myself using that, but just giving you an example of a practical application for a modern and fast CPU and GPU being utilized on your phone. But no, I don't need it to be the "fastest" because I'm not in a competition, but it still needs to be "fast" and on par with the times. I don't want specs that were good 2 years ago...
    05-26-14 05:53 PM
    The way i see it, maybe cognitively challenged iKids that must point to pictures with their fingers deserve to go back to finger painting and let adults get some WORK done!!

Hahahaha
    What does this have to do with Apple? We're talking about BlackBerry devices here...

O_o

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-26-14 08:09 PM
    What does this have to do with Apple? We're talking about BlackBerry devices here...

O_o

Posted via CB10
    Oops, sorry, my confusion. All the touch toys around I thought I'd walked into an iStore. My bad. Lol.

BlackBerrys have KEYs! The name represents KEYs! Keys are better than glass for some things. I'm happy that BBRY tried to attract Apple markets with iLike & iLite glass devices. I'm insulted that they did so while abandoning the buisness market that made them.

I'm also perplexed. Doesn't BBRY make money by selling new devices? How do they make ANYthing by offering inferior devices that fail to coax 9900 users to buy a new device? That's a very poor market model.

BTW, the Q20 will have a trackpad. Trackpad is NEWer than apple touch by 4 years. It is NEWer than RIM's all touch Storm by a year. Touch is the "legacy" technology. Careful what you wish on others.
    05-26-14 11:31 PM
    I think that there is a feeling that if you as a user are willing to sacrifice screen real estate for a keyboard and a trackpad then the high-end specs are probably not that important.
    05-27-14 12:47 AM
    I think that there is a feeling that if you as a user are willing to sacrifice screen real estate for a keyboard and a trackpad then the high-end specs are probably not that important.
    Power users want keyboard and trackpad precisely because we value performance.
    05-27-14 01:00 AM
83 1234