So, the tactic is that the Q30 will be targeted to attract the "mainstream" crowd while the Classic (Q20) will be for us hardcore BB keyboard lovers who have stuck it out with BB all of this time right?

Well, the rumors have it the Q30 will be getting a bad-*** quad-core CPU, a 13MP camera, 3gb of RAM and 1440x1440 resolution screen.

What are the rumors for the Classic? 2 year old internal specs (Q10 specs) with the same old dual-core CPU with a 720x720 screen??

I'm hoping those rumors are not true and that the final specs are not in yet, meaning they are just testing out the interface with the toolbelt with a dev unit or something, because if that's the case, then that's screwed up that we get screwed while the people they are trying to draw in with the gimmicky 3-row keyboard and the overly fat device will get high-end internal specs...

I hope there is a "Classic" coming out with great specs as well and the traditional keyboard layout...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(4185604) and Mr4aces like this.
    05-16-14 01:25 PM
    These are rumours, right? No need to give them serious thought unless they've proven to be real.
    05-16-14 01:29 PM
    These are rumours, right? No need to give them serious thought unless they've proven to be real.
    Well, the CB community seems to know things before BB knows them sometimes, lol. :-D

Pete The Penguin likes this.
    05-16-14 01:36 PM
    I think it's a good strategy.

The belt crowd are mostly enterprise users and communication aficionadoes who are having trouble or are reluctant to make the switch to the more modern ui. They typically don't need bleeding edge tech - just a device that gets it done. Likewise their companies don't want to spend a fortune on uber-devices.

It's the rest of use that want/need the high end specs. So put the money where it's most appreciated.

Of course there are a small number of users that don't fit into those categories, but BlackBerry won't survive on them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296/442bars
    05-16-14 01:37 PM
    Well, the CB community seems to know things before BB knows them sometimes, lol. :-D

Well then, it's actual fact...and how DARE BlackBerry!!!!! :-P

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    05-16-14 01:39 PM
    In any case, the rumor is that the Classic isn't for the hardcore BlackBerry fan so much as it's for the conservative corporate market, to ease them into BB10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Kennedy.L likes this.
    05-16-14 01:40 PM

The belt crowd are mostly enterprise users and communication aficionadoes who are having trouble or are reluctant to make the switch to the more modern ui. They typically don't need bleeding edge tech - just a device that gets it done. Likewise their companies don't want to spend a fortune on uber-devices.

It's the rest of use that want/need the high end specs. So put the money where it's most appreciated.

Of course there are a small number of users that don't fit into those categories, but BlackBerry won't survive on them.

Essentially. The Classic is targeted at BBOS holdouts, for the most part. If they factored device specs into purchasing decisions, then they wouldn't be BBOS holdouts, would they?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 01:40 PM
    Essentially. The Classic is targeted at BBOS holdouts, for the most part. If they factored device specs into purchasing decisions, then they wouldn't be BBOS holdouts, would they?

Posted via CB10
    Not really, you weigh pros and cons when deciding on your buying decisions. Just because you decided you like the functionality of the legacy devices doesn't mean that you don't desire the high-end specs. Plus, I'm not a hold-out since I bought the Q10, I don't need a gimmicky gesture keyboard, and I want the tool belt, I shouldn't be "punished" with a device with 2 year-old tech inside... I deserve a high-end device like anyone else. How can you say that just because some people stuck with their legacy devices that they won't benefit from getting the best of both worlds with high-end specs and the practicality??

Mr4aces, anon8091350 and DJ BigToe like this.
    05-16-14 02:17 PM

I totally disagree. The toolbelt is simply useful. I HATE the delay in touchscreen controls to hang up calls, especially if using speakerphone, needing to unlock the screen just to hang up the call, the lack of a hardware send key to quickly get access to the last number dialed, and other things like that. That in no way means I don't care about specs. I honestly don't see HOW that in any way suggests what I prefer in terms of hardware specs. So people who care about efficiency doesn't care about getting a high-end device?? I don't see the correlation...

Anatomy likes this.
    05-16-14 02:20 PM
    Well then, it's actual fact...and how DARE BlackBerry!!!!! :-P

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Lol, well, if you read my original comment, I made sure to state "If" in any of the rumored specs. So obviously I'm leaving room for the possibility that none of it would be true...

05-16-14 02:22 PM
    Pre-emptive whining?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 02:45 PM
    Lol, well, if you read my original comment, I made sure to state "If" in any of the rumored specs. So obviously I'm leaving room for the possibility that none of it would be true...

Yup. You did. Just a bit of good natured joking on my second post. It's Friday and I'm very ready for it.

I'm a phone junkie so I'll be getting both devices, most likely. But I doubt I'll use the belt, I've really gotten used to BB10 as is.

As to the specs, who knows, really. BlackBerry has made some decisions I couldn't get behind, like the camera on the 99xx series.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    potatoguy likes this.
    05-16-14 03:02 PM
    When it comes right down to it people who want the tool belt are the minority. Blackberry is losing lots of money right now and getting new customers is very important. The classic is an easy transition for business, but people who want a physical keyboard, tool belt, and bleeding edge hardware are a small number. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but like it or not that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    blackmoe likes this.
    05-16-14 07:14 PM
    Tool belts wasted space. BB10 is designed to eliminate that need. I loved my 9930, but my Q10 is way better. Just a learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    blackmoe likes this.
    05-16-14 07:18 PM
    When it comes right down to it people who want the tool belt are the minority. Blackberry is losing lots of money right now and getting new customers is very important. The classic is an easy transition for business, but people who want a physical keyboard, tool belt, and bleeding edge hardware are a small number. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but like it or not that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    So the minority deserves less? If they are already ordering the chips, camera modules, and all of those things, would it hurt their business to put them into the Classic and charge more for it? If someone is dead-set on having the toolbelt, they will likely shell out a bit more for one with high-end specs.

JC claimed the Classic will be a line, how about release a mid-priced version and a high-end version?

05-16-14 07:52 PM
    The Classic is a niche phone. From the look of it, so is the Windermere. BlackBerry isn't targeting the broad consumer market for a while. This has nothing to do with what anyone deserves.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-16-14 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10

Well, people who want Corvettes are also a minority. That flagship has attracted countless customers to "lesser" Chevrolet's for decades. Some legacy users have delayed the transition to glass precisely because they are power users. Selling a trackpad model with less than full power is like selling a Corvette with a four banger.
    donemt and slagman5 like this.
    05-16-14 10:32 PM
    So, the tactic is that the Q30 will be targeted to attract the "mainstream" crowd while the Classic (Q20) will be for us hardcore BB keyboard lovers who have stuck it out with BB all of this time right?

Well, the rumors have it the Q30 will be getting a bad-*** quad-core CPU, a 13MP camera, 3gb of RAM and 1440x1440 resolution screen.

What are the rumors for the Classic? 2 year old internal specs (Q10 specs) with the same old dual-core CPU with a 720x720 screen??

I'm hoping those rumors are not true and that the final specs are not in yet, meaning they are just testing out the interface with the toolbelt with a dev unit or something, because if that's the case, then that's screwed up that we get screwed while the people they are trying to draw in with the gimmicky 3-row keyboard and the overly fat device will get high-end internal specs...

I hope there is a "Classic" coming out with great specs as well and the traditional keyboard layout...

Are you "sticking it out" with BlackBerry because your a loyal guy or because it's the device for you? If it's the former then I'd move on. If it's the latter then it never was about specs and I don't know why that would change.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 10:36 PM
    Yup. You did. Just a bit of good natured joking on my second post. It's Friday and I'm very ready for it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/uzymy5at.jpg

I'm a phone junkie so I'll be getting both devices, most likely. But I doubt I'll use the belt, I've really gotten used to BB10 as is.

As to the specs, who knows, really. BlackBerry has made some decisions I couldn't get behind, like the camera on the 99xx series.

How do you type with these nails at all?

On the iPhone? Does that work?
    One more reason you gave up the Q10?

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    05-16-14 10:54 PM
    How do you type with these nails at all?

On the iPhone? Does that work?
    One more reason you gave up the Q10?

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    I don't. That was a one off.....

And I haven't given up the Q10!!!! I use three different phones and I grab whichever is closest. Or the iPhone because Tapatalk on the iPhone alerts me when someone quotes me.

05-16-14 11:07 PM
    I'm very comfortable with the Z10 I've been using for the past year. I still think that the tool belt will come in handy. There are plenty of websites that are loaded in tiny font & links that my fingers cannot tap on accurately unless I enlarge them but I can still read them, so if I have the track pad I'll just slide my finger down the track pad to reach the link I want & tap on the track pad.

This is alot more convenient than having to enlarge the screen to a size that my fingers can tap on & tap the link. In this way I would like to consider myself a super power users & u want high specs. Perhaps it is good for BlackBerry to also have that option for consumers, however looking at the state of the company's finances they have to do what is most cost effective for their survival.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-16-14 11:18 PM
    Only time will tell what the internal specs of the Classic is going to be, but the point of the classic is to cater to the enterprise users that gave Chen an ear full on wanting the toolbelt back. It does not matter what their paticular reasons for wanting the toolbelt back are, but what I get out of this whole thing is that there must of been a good amount of enterprise customers that requested the toolbelt back because from my understanding the toolbelt was going to be a thing of the past with BB10.

If Blackberry decides to release the classic with the Q10 internal specs, it just one of those things that we will have to deal with as regular users. Keep in mind that Blackberry tooks massive hits with the z10s and maybe with the Q10s, so they maybe gun shy on releasing top of the line specs for a phone that they are not sure how it is going sell. I think of the classic as being a test case and if it sells well, then we can hopefully get a better spec classic when they decide to update the model.

It looks like Foxconn is making the "Q30" (as it seems Foxconn like making square blackberry phones), so that means better purchasing power and thus they can get parts cheaper than Blackberry could if they was making the "Q30". I think Blackberry is making the classic and thus they have to be more conservative on the specs because of the cost.

At the end of the day where else is the toolbelt loving crowd is going to go, if Blackberry does not produce the phone that we want specs wise? We are either going to stay on BBOS phones or upgrade to the classic.

I am going to be upgrading to the classic for the simple fact even with the Q10 specs, it is better than what I have now.
    gokulesh likes this.
    05-17-14 01:45 AM
    Well, as soon as I heard it was called the "Classic", to me that implied it would not be a top spec device. Why would you call something that's cutting edge "classic"?
    05-17-14 01:51 AM
    Well, as soon as I heard it was called the "Classic", to me that implied it would not be a top spec device. Why would you call something that's cutting edge "classic"?
    That refers to the controls. To go along with someone else's analogy with cars, that's like the Mustangs and Challengers having a "classic" look but having a modern high-end V8 under the hood...

05-17-14 02:19 AM
    Personally, would rather it be called "Bold" and labeled B20 but agree that's probably what BBRY is up to with that name. If so, it will be another mistake in a long list. BBRY, and some at this site, appear to me to have consciously chosen to abandon BlackBerry, and CrackBerry's, power user roots. Maybe some limitation in BBRY'S production structure will limit the device? If so, power users will likely apply their skills to adapt and optimize because we have no choice. Where else can we go to get a tool belt device? BBRY already has a captured monopoly on that segment. Why would they abandon that? Why abandon the very people the "consumer" crowd looks up to when productivity counts?

Vette's, Cobra's, Challengers, Mustangs, etc aren't built because of the vast numbers they'll sell. Or even the crazy margins they'll command. "Flagships" exist because "consumers" see what Power Users drive into the parking lot. Suburbans, Excursions, Z30's, etc are all fine devices for their intended market. Hwy 101 is a fine highway. Some of us prefer Vettes and Bold's and a good day on Hwy 1.
    donemt likes this.
    05-17-14 08:24 AM
83 123 ...