It's site specific for sure.
    Never had lag like this on my Z or passport except on poorly designed websites
    12-25-14 01:17 PM
    I think most of these issues are due to website features such as autocomplete/search suggestions and auto-draft saving in text fields.

Both of those will cause considerable lag when typing with any mobile device really. Must be the way they implement power management limits on server/script calls, and whatever latency your mobile connection presents (which is usually fairly high).

This is why proper apps usually cache things and do smooth UI processing without any network involvement.

Very doubtful that any of this is limited by the processor speed these modern devices are packing, including the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I don't really notice typing "lag" on my iOS, Android, or Windows Phone browsers on the same sites (though the WP browser does sometimes have rendering issues). That leads me to blame BlackBerry's browser tech more than the site owner's choice of web technologies.

Letency on LTE is typically very low, so I don't think that's contributing much. To be honest, I actually don't remember noticing this lag on the 9930 way back when...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:25 PM
    Hmm, I don't really notice typing "lag" on my iOS, Android, or Windows Phone browsers on the same sites (though the WP browser does sometimes have rendering issues). That leads me to blame BlackBerry's browser tech more than the site owner's choice of web technologies.

Letency on LTE is typically very low, so I don't think that's contributing much. To be honest, I actually don't remember noticing this lag on the 9930 way back when...

Posted via CB10

Well, whatever webpage version the 9930 rendered was usually not including all the bells and whistles.

Maybe you can download Chrome on your Classic, go to the same sites, and compare your experience with the native browser.

For what it's worth the only time I experience any typing lag is when I turn on "desktop mode" and try to use full versions of pages that have the features I mentioned above (like advanced Google searching with search suggestions turned on). Even then it's only slight (but of course still noticeable).

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 05:03 PM
    Nope, didn’t experience it on my Passport yet (I’ve had it for a fortnight now) and I use the browser all the time — my Macbook Air usage has gone drastically down since I got that beast of a phone :-)
    12-26-14 07:27 AM
    It's the site; it is crappy site javascript coding that causes this and is not under BlackBerry's control.
    12-26-14 08:28 AM
    I only notice that kind of lag when typing on a full desktop version of a website. When using mobile versions, everything is as smooth as butter. I'm using a Passport, but had the same experience with my former Q10.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-26-14 08:32 AM
    I just got a classic, I went from a BB Pearl 3G to the classic. I too have found a few things cause ridiculous lag. I found my pearl to be MUCH faster than the Classic when it comes to texting and responding to emails. I wish they would have just released a modern day phone that ran an updated version of the old blackberry software with newer hardware. I also wish they offered a touchscreen free mode as I find it kind of cumbersome to be forced to use touch screen gestures for no real reason. I have a keyboard, touchpad and an entire keyboard full of buttons, why do I have to touch the screen? If I wanted a touch screen I would have just bought a Z30. Lastly, I hope they end up releasing a BB bold sized classic, as I find this phone a little too big to carry around in my pocket comfortably.
    AL8x B, Mr4aces and VeryBumpy like this.
    12-26-14 11:20 AM
    I just got a classic, I went from a BB Pearl 3G to the classic. I too have found a few things cause ridiculous lag. I found my pearl to be MUCH faster than the Classic when it comes to texting and responding to emails. I wish they would have just released a modern day phone that ran an updated version of the old blackberry software with newer hardware. I also wish they offered a touchscreen free mode as I find it kind of cumbersome to be forced to use touch screen gestures for no real reason. I have a keyboard, touchpad and an entire keyboard full of buttons, why do I have to touch the screen? If I wanted a touch screen I would have just bought a Z30. Lastly, I hope they end up releasing a BB bold sized classic, as I find this phone a little too big to carry around in my pocket comfortably.
    you need time to learn the new OS
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    12-26-14 11:26 AM
    It's the site; it is crappy site javascript coding that causes this and is not under BlackBerry's control.
    It's the browser
    Bb10 browser is the only one I've used with the typing issues

Searching walmart is a good example
    Android browsers handle the typing better, and given that they are running in virtual machine, it's obvious the BlackBerry browser that is the problem and not the hardware nor website.

Alternative android browsers I'm currently using because of the typing issue are
    Krypton (incognito browser with built in tor capabilities)
    Lightning (adblock and foss iirc)

Used to use chrome and firefox, but those are quite heavy

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 12:01 PM
    It's the browser
    Bb10 browser is the only one I've used with the typing issues

Searching walmart is a good example
    Android browsers handle the typing better, and given that they are running in virtual machine, it's obvious the BlackBerry browser that is the problem and not the hardware nor website.

Alternative android browsers I'm currently using because of the typing issue are
    Krypton (incognito browser with built in tor capabilities)
    Lightning (adblock and foss iirc)

Used to use chrome and firefox, but those are quite heavy

I just went to the Walmart site on my Classic. No lag at all.

Posted from my Classic.
    12-26-14 12:10 PM
    I just went to the Walmart site on my Classic. No lag at all.

Posted from my Classic.
    Should have been clear.. the mobile website
    The desktop website doesn't lag bad, but the mobile website is always 1-2 characters behind.. i

I'm on passport and I have lag while typing on walmart.ca (mobile website)
    Try krypton.. there is 0 lag and I never submit incomplete entries.

On the BlackBerry browser, I'm constantly submitting partial entries..
    Username and password boxes on some websites, posting comments, filling in contact us forms etc. A few things I can't do peacefully with the bb10 browser.

Last edited by nah.uhh; 12-26-14 at 12:37 PM.
    12-26-14 12:19 PM
    The desktop website doesn't lag bad, but the mobile website is always 1-2 characters behind.. i

Username and password boxes on some websites, posting comments, filling in contact us forms etc. A few things I can't do peacefully with the bb10 browser.

I went to the mobile website.

m.walmart.com. No issues at all.

Then I tried m.walmart.ca and it did lag a bit.

Posted from my Classic.
    12-26-14 01:24 PM
    I went to the mobile website.

m.walmart.com. No issues at all.

Then I tried m.walmart.ca and it did lag a bit.

Posted from my Classic.
    The guy is running a leak that was not approved for the Passport. The lag is the current leaked OS for his case.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:29 PM
    The guy is running a leak that was not approved for the Passport. The lag is the current leaked OS for his case.

Posted via CB10
    That makes sense.

Posted from my Classic.
    12-26-14 01:41 PM

tried walmart.ca no problem for me..no lag
    12-26-14 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Facepalm

12-26-14 04:52 PM
    lol
    12-26-14 05:01 PM
    I think it's the website.
    Auto-search or auto.... completion ?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:33 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    That makes sense.

Posted from my Classic.
    Another drama queen posting....op.. how about sticking with official releases.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Another person who doesn't read the Original post. I am not running a leaked build. Please don't post unless you've read the initial post.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:09 PM
    Another person who doesn't read the Original post. I am not running a leaked build. Please don't post unless you've read the initial post.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not running a leak either.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is actually possible that the almighty infallible BlackBerry does have some bugs they need to work out in their software still. It's not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Alain_A and Mr4aces like this.
    12-27-14 09:31 PM
    Gotta say my fingers got weak or something because typing on the BlackBerry keyboard after having used an iphone for a year... my hand aches a lil bit after sending a slew of messages.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:14 PM
    Gotta say my fingers got weak or something because typing on the BlackBerry keyboard after having used an iphone for a year... my hand aches a lil bit after sending a slew of messages.

Posted via CB10
    time to rebuild your muscle
    12-27-14 10:18 PM
    Haha true. Back in training camp

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-27-14 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where has he said that he is running a leak?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    12-28-14 02:41 AM
80 1234