you need time to learn the new OS
    The point he is making is OS7 vs BB10 hub. You see all your notifications on the home page. Notification Bar tell you how many messages, appointments.... Menu key give you a complete menu with total thumb control.
    Quicker to copy, cut, paste, delete.... 10 email accounts. Better spell check and auto correct.

He is saying the 9900 is faster. He did not say he was having trouble learning. (which I did).

Dean
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    12-28-14 07:44 AM
    My Passport is on the latest official 10.3.0 release and still has this problem, as I already pointed out not every website is effected though. Some short examples where I encounter the lag:
    Amazon.de (mobile version, when searching)
    ebay.de (mobile version, when searching)
    Crackberry.com forums (mobile version, when replying/starting a topic)

Interestingly the lag just disappeared on ebay.de when I tried it again.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 03:46 AM
    The point he is making is OS7 vs BB10 hub. You see all your notifications on the home page. Notification Bar tell you how many messages, appointments.... Menu key give you a complete menu with total thumb control.
    Quicker to copy, cut, paste, delete.... 10 email accounts. Better spell check and auto correct.

He is saying the 9900 is faster. He did not say he was having trouble learning. (which I did).

Dean
    I surely remember when the OS 10 came out a lot of people were saying that it was bull... as oppose to BBOS...Too many hidden features..( a new way of working).. because it was too different... it put off a lot of people

Off course anybody can learn if they want to...
    12-29-14 06:56 AM
    I surely remember when the OS 10 came out a lot of people were saying that it was bull... as oppose to BBOS...Too many hidden features..( a new way of working).. because it was too different... it put off a lot of people

Off course anybody can learn if they want to...
    I "assume" you bought a Z10 or Q10 on launch?
    If you did BB10 was cr*p that is why there was so many Q10s returned. When the market went away so did the BlackBerry app developers. No apps no buyers. If wasn't for BB10.2 BlackBerry would be dead in the mobil device market.

I might have bought a Q10 if it wasn't for the bad reviews on BB10 OS

EDIT added: What non OS7 people don't understand is how good the 9900 works even with only 768mb of RAM which there is less that 280mb usable. If it had 2gb of RAM it might be the phone for life. Even with non supported OS7. BUT it doesn't so OS7 users have to move on with the Classic. Sure it could be better, still less than $699 for the Bold 9900 at launch. Twice the phone for almost half the money.

Read the history of RIM

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 12-29-14 at 07:57 AM.
    37201xoIM likes this.
    12-29-14 07:33 AM
    I "assume" you bought a Z10 or Q10 on launch?
    If you did BB10 was cr*p that is why there was so many Q10s returned. When the market went away so did the BlackBerry app developers. No apps no buyers. If wasn't for BB10.2 BlackBerry would be dead in the mobil device market.

I might have bought a Q10 if it wasn't for the bad reviews on BB10 OS

Read the history of RIM

Posted via CB10
    I bought a Z 10 the first day it was release.....I never had a re-boot problem...but boy it was fun to try to find all those hidden feature..it not the gesture-hub-that was easy part. but for someone that never touch one of those...well ...a few hours is required to know how the system works...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-29-14 07:41 AM
    I bought a Z 10 the first day it was release.....I never had a re-boot problem...but boy it was fun to try to find all those hidden feature..it not the gesture-hub-that was easy part. but for someone that never touch one of those...well ...a few hours is required to know how the system works...
    Well I have to compliment you for sticking it out and paying so much at launch. You are a true BlackBerry nut.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:51 AM
    Well I have to compliment you for sticking it out and paying so much at launch. You are a true BlackBerry nut.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say every early day-one adopter is (a) nut(s), because you always pay your premium. I paid EUR 629 the day it got available here in Germany and, looking back today, I can't say it was the wrong choice. Yes the OS matured very decently in those more than one and a half year, even more so the Z10 I guess. The good thing about reading the right reviews: Everyone can get a glimpse of what they're buying before placing their order.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:07 PM
    I'd say every early day-one adopter is (a) nut(s), because you always pay your premium. I paid EUR 629 the day it got available here in Germany and, looking back today, I can't say it was the wrong choice. Yes the OS matured very decently in those more than one and a half year, even more so the Z10 I guess. The good thing about reading the right reviews: Everyone can get a glimpse of what they're buying before placing their order.

Posted via CB10
    and it was fun trying to fix it all together
    12-29-14 12:32 PM
    how would BB make money if everybody would be wait a drop price before buying.? Then it would had takes way much longer to improve the first Z
    12-29-14 12:34 PM
    I don't regret pay $699 for the Bold 9900 This phone is amazing as other people will attest it saved so much time over the iPhone 3. My email time was cut 60- 70%

It's funny a new Classic cost almost half as much now and the 9900 sell for less that half the Classic.

Trying to find a "free talk" for the 9900 without having a phone number.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 01:54 PM
    kijiji sucks but I always chalked it up to "world's worst website"...aside from the lag it loves to substitute your search for something completely unrelated just in case you'd rather buy that instead. actually I think they are trying to push people to ebay...speaking of world's worst......

Posted via CB750
    12-29-14 05:01 PM
    Same issue with my passport on this forum and oneplus.net forum

Annoying!
    01-30-15 05:59 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the typing issue on some websites with the Web browser is fixed in the leaked 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:13 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the typing issue on some websites with the Web browser is fixed in the leaked 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    i'm still using the 1154 leak and Kijiji seems fine..aside from the horrible layout

Posted via CB750
    James St-Pierre likes this.
    01-30-15 08:47 PM
    scratch that, it's a mess.

Posted via CB750
    01-30-15 08:51 PM
    Same issue with my passport on this forum and oneplus.net forum

Annoying!
    Just tested the 10.3.1.2072 and it runs perfectly and smooth. It's fixed
    01-30-15 10:23 PM
    Pleased/relieved to hear it's not just me having this lag, including on this site. Sounds encouraging that the latest OS update might have sorted it - shall wait for its official release for the Classic though. As I posted (probably in the wrong thread really!) in the post alleging general slowness of the Classic (which I don't find), the lag is an issue for me on several forum sites.
    01-31-15 03:12 AM
    I was in the same boat. The constant lag killed it for me. Now its the aging hardware or not so optimised software, it did leave a bad taste in the user's mind.

However I saw major improvements when I did a factory reset and didn't bother to install any Android apps. Also I switched off the Full mode of the Assistant. The BlackBerry Classic flew well till I finally decided to try on Passport again.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    eji930 likes this.
    01-31-15 07:10 AM
    It's definitely not a problem with the hardware, but the software instead. I have an old Android (Samsung GS3 Mini) and an older iPod touch (4th gen, from 2010) and it's not nearly as much of a problem with those as it is with the Classic. Kind of embarrassing really, hope BB gets around to fixing it soon...
    01-31-15 09:55 PM
    If you would read my post above yours, you would see I have confirmed it is fixed

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:05 PM
    How did you get 2072? Is it still only for Rogers customers, or did BlackBerry officially release it?
    02-01-15 01:47 AM
    I was in the same boat. The constant lag killed it for me. Now its the aging hardware or not so optimised software, it did leave a bad taste in the user's mind.

However I saw major improvements when I did a factory reset and didn't bother to install any Android apps. Also I switched off the Full mode of the Assistant. The BlackBerry Classic flew well till I finally decided to try on Passport again.

I don't use the assistant anyways I turned off "Full Assistant" per your post I do see a slight difference

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    02-01-15 02:23 AM
    I am using the classic and also using the native browser without any issues or lag.

What bothers me is the weight of the device. I am sure i will soon develop some muscles around my palm!
    02-01-15 03:06 AM
    I am using the classic and also using the native browser without any issues or lag.

What bothers me is the weight of the device. I am sure i will soon develop some muscles around my palm!
    Lol. I think the weight is pretty good on Classic. Wait till you build muscles for Passport. I've dropped a couple of times on my face while using it in bed. I think you'll be fine after a couple of weeks.

What everyone needs with hardware keyboards is to build muscle memory. It's like getting hang of a new joystick or controls in a new game. Not sure a lot can relate to that analogy but that's the reason people who are used to BlackBerry keywords tend to love it over anything else.

mousse04 likes this.
    02-01-15 06:17 AM
    How did you get 2072? Is it still only for Rogers customers, or did BlackBerry officially release it?
    Not released yet, it is a leaked version

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 07:15 AM
80 1234