There's definitely something special about BlackBerry that gets people hooked and fall in love with or else there wouldn't be any BlackBerry loyalists.

Long live Blackberry.
    vanrickman likes this.
    04-14-15 04:56 AM
    I've always been a mobile phone (cell phone) fanatic. When I was 12 years old I used to go to my local phone shop and ask the guys there whether they had any trade-in phones which I could have, they began to get to know me and would ask customers who'd upgraded to new devices if they wanted their old phones 'recycled' and reminded them that their batteries couldn't be thrown out in the regular rubbish.

This was 2000 and the most popular phone on the market in Australia was the Nokia 5110, this device was currently being sold new however someone had recently upgraded and being unaware of the devices resale value (or being a business customer and just not caring) they decided to 'recycle' their phone. When I walked in to the shop the next week when Mum went grocery shopping the Telstra guy had bought me a pre-paid sim card and a mobile accessory kit which included a charger - I was all set to go having my first mobile phone at 12 years old, and it was better than all my friends and cost me nothing!

Within a year the same thing had happened with a Nokia 3210 and then for Christmas I asked Mum for a Nokia 8250. I loved my Nokia's however my final device was a coloured screen 7210.

I then decided to invest in my first 'smartphone', an NEC E616 which was capable of video calling on Australia's notoriously bad 'Three' network. This was my first 'disappointing' phone experience, I remember when I purchased it the box was un-sealed however being a kid whose Mum was getting the phone under her name made me accept the fact that I couldn't be the first one to open it. I discovered videos on the phone which had indicated it had already been used and this really annoyed me, the device would continually drop calls and I was able to eventually get out of the contract free of charge by returning the phone.

The first smart-phone I purchased which I really enjoyed using was the Sony Ericsson K790 - this phone was so reliable and every feature on it worked. In a time (2006) where many features were available but few really worked the K790 never missed a beat and it was one of the only devices that as a kid I held onto for the entire two years, I replaced it with the newer version - a K850 however this device really lacked the charm and professional look of the K790.

I decided to go back to Nokia in search of a phone that would cater to my growing email and business needs, the Nokia E71 offered a full Qwerty keyboard however everyone was now talking about iPhones and I couldn't understand why even though my phone had a pkb I just wasn't able to type quickly or with ease (little did I know just how different mobile physical keyboards were).

I had my heart set on a BlackBerry Bold from Telstra, someone asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told them that I wanted the Bold. Sure enough, I unwrap and imported BlackBerry Storm 2 because 'it was only just released in the US and I thought you'd be really happy to be the first Australian to use it'.

I tried so hard to like my BlackBerry Storm 2 - but it was just a terrible phone in every single regard. What didn't help was the fact that it was purchased overseas through Verizon and none of the Australian carriers would support it as the PIN was locked to Verizon and they would not release it for me - I had no Internet connection, email access or BBM. I had phone and text only, I couldn't even send a picture message.

I was then given an iPhone 4 which admittedly was pretty cool as it was still a pretty new device and the version 4 had a lot of bugs ironed out. It was a cool device and I enjoyed using it - but I was beginning to use my phone increasingly for business and every time I looked at a BlackBerry Bold I would start to get jealous.

Finally, I ordered my Bold 9900 on release day and it was everything I had ever hoped a phone would be. I couldn't believe how amazing the keyboard was, the internet browser was fast, the phone felt it was made out of titanium and everything worked so well - I had never been more productive on a device prior to this and could finally understand why BlackBerry had earned the business reputation it had. I used my Bold 9900 every day until over a month ago when after four years it died. I had used a HTC One for one month but went back to the Bold because of the lost productivity and therefore had no idea what to replace it with. I had no idea the BlackBerry Classic had been released.

On the way to the phone store to replace my Bold 9900 I actually told my fiancee that I wish BlackBerry had made a new Bold with the same design but upgraded specs - I had no idea my wish was about to come true.

The BlackBerry Classic was sitting on display, powered on with nobody else around it. I walked up and as soon as I put it in my hand and felt the weight and the textured back cover, the way it just sat perfectly in my hand - I was hooked. I walked up to the lady behind the counter and said 'One BlackBerry Classic please'. She didn't even talk, she placed it on the counter, I paid cash and walked out.

After well over a month this phone has beaten them all. I had super high expectations based off my prior Bold 9900 but the Classic has easily met all of my expectations and more. It does everything quickly and efficiently, I am able to type emails and long documents, edit excel spreadsheets, surf the net, message and call. I use BBM now for all my office communications and have rolled out 22 Classics to all my staff members.

This phone does it all and it does it with a smile. My only complaint is extremely sporadic and random double typing which I know on my device is a software issue. With this sole exception (it happens perhaps once every two days) the phone is completely perfect.

I have never felt so in control of my communications before. The Hub enables me to check all of my calls, texts, messages and emails in addition to calendar entries and social media alerts - I can't physically forget anything anymore. The battery easily lasts an entire day of heavy usage and unlike the Bold there are no freeze ups which require a battery pull.

I use Bloomberg, Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In apps. Everything works as it should with no problems - I couldn't be happier with this phone, it's the best I've ever owned and I love BlackBerry too!

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    04-14-15 08:41 AM
    04-14-15 08:44 AM
    I've always been a mobile phone (cell phone) fanatic. When I was 12 years old I used to go to my local phone shop and ask the guys there whether they had any trade-in phones which I could have, they began to get to know me and would ask customers who'd upgraded to new devices if they wanted their old phones 'recycled' and reminded them that their batteries couldn't be thrown out in the regular rubbish.

This was 2000 and the most popular phone on the market in Australia was the Nokia 5110, this device was currently being sold new however someone had recently upgraded and being unaware of the devices resale value (or being a business customer and just not caring) they decided to 'recycle' their phone. When I walked in to the shop the next week when Mum went grocery shopping the Telstra guy had bought me a pre-paid sim card and a mobile accessory kit which included a charger - I was all set to go having my first mobile phone at 12 years old, and it was better than all my friends and cost me nothing!

Within a year the same thing had happened with a Nokia 3210 and then for Christmas I asked Mum for a Nokia 8250. I loved my Nokia's however my final device was a coloured screen 7210.

I then decided to invest in my first 'smartphone', an NEC E616 which was capable of video calling on Australia's notoriously bad 'Three' network. This was my first 'disappointing' phone experience, I remember when I purchased it the box was un-sealed however being a kid whose Mum was getting the phone under her name made me accept the fact that I couldn't be the first one to open it. I discovered videos on the phone which had indicated it had already been used and this really annoyed me, the device would continually drop calls and I was able to eventually get out of the contract free of charge by returning the phone.

The first smart-phone I purchased which I really enjoyed using was the Sony Ericsson K790 - this phone was so reliable and every feature on it worked. In a time (2006) where many features were available but few really worked the K790 never missed a beat and it was one of the only devices that as a kid I held onto for the entire two years, I replaced it with the newer version - a K850 however this device really lacked the charm and professional look of the K790.

I decided to go back to Nokia in search of a phone that would cater to my growing email and business needs, the Nokia E71 offered a full Qwerty keyboard however everyone was now talking about iPhones and I couldn't understand why even though my phone had a pkb I just wasn't able to type quickly or with ease (little did I know just how different mobile physical keyboards were).

I had my heart set on a BlackBerry Bold from Telstra, someone asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told them that I wanted the Bold. Sure enough, I unwrap and imported BlackBerry Storm 2 because 'it was only just released in the US and I thought you'd be really happy to be the first Australian to use it'.

I tried so hard to like my BlackBerry Storm 2 - but it was just a terrible phone in every single regard. What didn't help was the fact that it was purchased overseas through Verizon and none of the Australian carriers would support it as the PIN was locked to Verizon and they would not release it for me - I had no Internet connection, email access or BBM. I had phone and text only, I couldn't even send a picture message.

I was then given an iPhone 4 which admittedly was pretty cool as it was still a pretty new device and the version 4 had a lot of bugs ironed out. It was a cool device and I enjoyed using it - but I was beginning to use my phone increasingly for business and every time I looked at a BlackBerry Bold I would start to get jealous.

Finally, I ordered my Bold 9900 on release day and it was everything I had ever hoped a phone would be. I couldn't believe how amazing the keyboard was, the internet browser was fast, the phone felt it was made out of titanium and everything worked so well - I had never been more productive on a device prior to this and could finally understand why BlackBerry had earned the business reputation it had. I used my Bold 9900 every day until over a month ago when after four years it died. I had used a HTC One for one month but went back to the Bold because of the lost productivity and therefore had no idea what to replace it with. I had no idea the BlackBerry Classic had been released.

On the way to the phone store to replace my Bold 9900 I actually told my fiancee that I wish BlackBerry had made a new Bold with the same design but upgraded specs - I had no idea my wish was about to come true.

The BlackBerry Classic was sitting on display, powered on with nobody else around it. I walked up and as soon as I put it in my hand and felt the weight and the textured back cover, the way it just sat perfectly in my hand - I was hooked. I walked up to the lady behind the counter and said 'One BlackBerry Classic please'. She didn't even talk, she placed it on the counter, I paid cash and walked out.

After well over a month this phone has beaten them all. I had super high expectations based off my prior Bold 9900 but the Classic has easily met all of my expectations and more. It does everything quickly and efficiently, I am able to type emails and long documents, edit excel spreadsheets, surf the net, message and call. I use BBM now for all my office communications and have rolled out 22 Classics to all my staff members.

This phone does it all and it does it with a smile. My only complaint is extremely sporadic and random double typing which I know on my device is a software issue. With this sole exception (it happens perhaps once every two days) the phone is completely perfect.

I have never felt so in control of my communications before. The Hub enables me to check all of my calls, texts, messages and emails in addition to calendar entries and social media alerts - I can't physically forget anything anymore. The battery easily lasts an entire day of heavy usage and unlike the Bold there are no freeze ups which require a battery pull.

I use Bloomberg, Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In apps. Everything works as it should with no problems - I couldn't be happier with this phone, it's the best I've ever owned and I love BlackBerry too!

Awesome write up!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:31 AM
    Lol what apps did you cancel to stay with blackberry.

Posted via International Passport
    Offcourse some stupid apps which keeps one's mind occupied!! Nothing productive!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:34 AM
    Feeling the EXACT same way!! My Classic is the best device since my Bold 9900... I love the Passport too but the BlackBerry Classic is a Communication Maverick

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:52 AM
    Got the curve when it first cam out. But when the Bold 9000 came out it was love at first sight. When I got the Tour my hands were glued to the thing, as I was always messaging. I passed up on a iPhone 4S for the Bold 9930. And now when folks see me with the Classic I'm always asked if I feel important. My answer is always yes, as I respond when looking up from my phone LOL.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:21 AM
    There's definitely something special about BlackBerry that gets people hooked and fall in love with or else there wouldn't be any BlackBerry loyalists.

Long live Blackberry.
    Thats right ��
    04-14-15 01:37 PM
    As you told up there.. i'm in love with my BlackBerry! You know, the most popular apps isn't here, but for me, don't metter to much... what i love in This divice (Q10) is the keyboard. I confess... if the company remove this keyboard, i run to Iphone, rsrsrs...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 01:41 PM

First of all i would thank you for this feeling .

I used to use many many of devices, but i dont know what is attracting me in black berry, i feel there is much of love for their devices,

Do you know what i do every time ?! I changed my classic to a new classic just to feel that i had a new blackberry.

I wish to have in the future a classic 2

Thanks again my friend ^^
    04-14-15 01:42 PM
    Yessss

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:38 PM
    I really really really love this phone.. and i'm glad there are more people like me!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-14-15 04:44 PM
    OP, thanks for sharing, I too have done the iphone/android switch briefly. I came back to the Z10 when it first dropped and never looked back. Now rocking the Classic and absolutely love the device.

I love having the trackpad navigation back for copy and paste as well as double clicking to send an email when I'm finished. I would carry and pay more for the Classic with better specs and a bigger screen.

BlackBerry for life.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:57 PM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:13 AM
    Awesome write up!!!

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:14 AM
    Offcourse some stupid apps which keeps one's mind occupied!! Nothing productive!

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:15 AM
    Feeling the EXACT same way!! My Classic is the best device since my Bold 9900... I love the Passport too but the BlackBerry Classic is a Communication Maverick

Posted via CB10
    Thats what I feel too

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:17 AM
    Got the curve when it first cam out. But when the Bold 9000 came out it was love at first sight. When I got the Tour my hands were glued to the thing, as I was always messaging. I passed up on a iPhone 4S for the Bold 9930. And now when folks see me with the Classic I'm always asked if I feel important. My answer is always yes, as I respond when looking up from my phone LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:18 AM
    As you told up there.. i'm in love with my BlackBerry! You know, the most popular apps isn't here, but for me, don't metter to much... what i love in This divice (Q10) is the keyboard. I confess... if the company remove this keyboard, i run to Iphone, rsrsrs...

Posted via CB10
    I dont think so they will remove the keyboard because they will lose everything

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:23 AM
    I really really really love this phone.. and i'm glad there are more people like me!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Thanks a lot bro

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:29 AM
    Once being a bb fan, always being a bb fan.
    04-16-15 06:14 AM
    OP, thanks for sharing, I too have done the iphone/android switch briefly. I came back to the Z10 when it first dropped and never looked back. Now rocking the Classic and absolutely love the device.

I love having the trackpad navigation back for copy and paste as well as double clicking to send an email when I'm finished. I would carry and pay more for the Classic with better specs and a bigger screen.

BlackBerry for life.

Posted via CB10

Absolutely, the most think I like it in the classic the trackpad because you can do every thing without touch the screen

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-17-15 02:17 AM
    Once being a bb fan, always being a bb fan.
    +1
    04-18-15 12:40 PM
    Yesssssssssss!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:28 PM
    I keep moving between platforms: iOS, Android, WP & Blackberry. They all have their strengths, certainly their weaknesses, but I always return to BB10. Love that Hub. Nothing compares - nothing!
    04-18-15 06:33 PM
90 1234