I have a classic on at&t. An issue has popped up with cell reception. I upgraded with an autoloader to 2582. I noticed that the cell signal was very unstable. Searching from 3 or 4 bars at times to dropping to 1 or 2 within seconds. If you had a somewhat weak signal, it was basically useless as I'd drop calls. It just never stayed constant. So I wiped the phone and did a downgrade using the debrick, os and radio file, to 2558. The cell reception seemed better. I didn't have the fluctuations I had with 2582. But if I get somewhere where I might have 2 or 3 bars of LTE, when I make a call, the signal drops to 4g and my reception goes down, to maybe 0 to 1 bar on 4g. I've dropped several calls. When I hang up, the phone will pick up LTE again and have 2 to 3 bars.

I also use an iphone, same at&t. When I use it for calls in the same room, I see the opposite effect. 2 bars LTE, then when I make a call, it will rise to 3 to 4 bars 4g. I am in places where sometimes the signal is on the edge. The classic is not handling this well and I'm dropping calls. Any ideas on what I can try? I'm on at&t in the us, so turning off LTE is not an option, since at&t blocks that. I've wiped. Changed radio files. Unfortunately, I don't want to go back to at&t's released version because that one has the contacts issue or doubling and tripling when edited. Can't deal with that. Haven't seen that so far in 2558 or 2582.

I'm at a loose. I like the classic and prefer it, but I can't rely on it at this point. If it can't function as a phone reliably, it's a problem. Seems I have to choose between contacts doubling or tripling, or dropping calls or several other things. It's just not a good position to be in, when I pick up the iphone and don't see these problems. Help!
    03-25-15 07:28 AM
    I have the same issue whenever i go into wal mart it happens. Same classic with ATT. Have not been able to figure it out sometimes it fails to regain signal and i have to restart which confuses my txt msgs and VVM.
    03-25-15 04:00 PM
    I have the same issue whenever i go into wal mart it happens. Same classic with ATT. Have not been able to figure it out sometimes it fails to regain signal and i have to restart which confuses my txt msgs and VVM.
    What version of the os are you using?
    03-25-15 04:13 PM