Last night, I accidentally bent my USB charging cord when it was plugged into my phone. I bent it back, but now it is loose and won't stay in nearly as well. Is there a way to repair the cord to get it tight again? Or is it possible that I loosened the actual plug? Hoping it's not the latter.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 07:23 AM
    No one has had this happen to them?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 06:47 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. In my case I think it loosened the plug since my other good charges no longer reliably charge either. I had a warranty with SmartGard and they "reflowed the solder connections" twice, but they won't fix it again it seems. Looks like I am going to switch to my Z10 and order a another Classic. My advice is if you can still charge the phone, back up your stuff. I bought BackupPro and upgraded my Dropbox to back everything up.
    02-17-16 12:31 PM
    To clarify, it's the male plug on the cord that has loosened (from bending it downward, then back up to try and fix it) not the female plug on the phone itself.

My other cord can still make a tight connection.

Just wanted to know if there is a way to fix my loose one. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 10:25 AM
    Be happy the female plug is not damaged. Just throw away the damaged cable and get another one for a few $s.
    02-19-16 04:50 PM
    To clarify, it's the male plug on the cord that has loosened (from bending it downward, then back up to try and fix it) not the female plug on the phone itself.

My other cord can still make a tight connection.

Just wanted to know if there is a way to fix my loose one. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Cords are so cheap these days, just buy a new one. Personally I wouldn't trust one that has sustained damage, not so much for the phone getting damaged, but risk of elec shock or fire (yes it happens, I see it on a regular basis).

Posted with my Blackberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    02-20-16 05:42 AM
    Thanks guys!

Can I use any USB cord that fits my. BlackBerry? Would a place like Best Buy have one?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 11:23 AM
    I found an old micro USB cord that came with my Kindle. Is it OK to use this cord with the wall charger that came with my Classic (to charge my Classic)?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:08 PM
    You'll be fine. A USB cable is a USB cable. Provided you use the same plug you'll be golden.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 12:56 AM
    I found an old micro USB cord that came with my Kindle. Is it OK to use this cord with the wall charger that came with my Classic (to charge my Classic)?

Posted via CB10
    I use my old Samsung Galaxy S1 cord for charging most times, never had a problem with it on my Classic, Z10 or Torch. Only reason I use this and not my BlackBerry one is that the cord is much longer and I charge it on the bedside table, so when I'm in bed and using my phone I can still lay/sit comfortably and have the phone charging at the same time.

Posted with my Blackberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    02-21-16 04:54 AM
    I accidentally knocked my phone over in the middle of the night and the USB cable kept falling out. I used an older cable from a previous BlackBerry and same deal.

So I bought a generic micro-USB cord from a dollar store and it worked fine.

I think the "pins" wear out eventually b/c I've had genuine BlackBerry cords that fail after a while.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 02:11 PM