04-29-15 11:27 AM
66 123
tools
    I will only buy a device with expandable memory. I, like the OP, have my photos and music on my card. And I don't care for cloud services. In regards to removable battery since my Z30 and now Passport this is a non-issue. Two day plus battery time is excellent. I have never been low on battery where it was not the evening and headed to bed with either and both run 5 email accounts in the management of my business.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-19-15 02:53 PM
    WRONG.

You need a history lesson.... they didn't want sd cards for many reasons..... search it via google they gave a reason why they didn't include it but we all know the real reason... (making more money with out an sd card slot...)

im rocking a 128GB Blackberry Q10. (soon 200gb when its released)

what about the iphone users? they are shocked and its safe that my files are on my device and can access them without any cloud based bullsh!t. even sd cards are shock proof and water proof (some of them) if you don't have an sd slot.. you are at risk of losing your files if the phone bricks etc. (and sd card removes that worry) - but... sd cards can corrupt.... but that is rare in this day n age.

Also the iphone is a success because its one of the first smartphones around and the brand 'sells' the lack of sd feature doesn't bother the customers they know the deal and they live with it.

But now look at samsung? they have gone the way of the apple.... people are p!ss3d!... no doubt samsung have messed up.

Blackberry will use the sd cards. + SD CARDS ARE CRUCIAL.

The lack of an sd card is pathetic... and beyond me why people seem ok with it.... all those millions of apple users haven't got a clue lol.
    Wow.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-19-15 03:26 PM
    I think it's safe to say the iPhone's success has very little to do with its technical features. More to do with a very well executed aspirational marketing campaign, and a balance of ease of use, limiting of complex features and that 'it does what...Apple has told the mass market a smartphone should be able to do'.

Oh yeah... and also the fact that BlackBerry completely left the door open.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use an iPhone, but I don't agree its success is mostly due to marketing.

It simply did a better job of allowing folks to do more.
    04-19-15 04:09 PM
    WRONG.

You need a history lesson.... they didn't want sd cards for many reasons..... search it via google they gave a reason why they didn't include it but we all know the real reason... (making more money with out an sd card slot...)

im rocking a 128GB Blackberry Q10. (soon 200gb when its released)

what about the iphone users? they are shocked and its safe that my files are on my device and can access them without any cloud based bullsh!t. even sd cards are shock proof and water proof (some of them) if you don't have an sd slot.. you are at risk of losing your files if the phone bricks etc. (and sd card removes that worry) - but... sd cards can corrupt.... but that is rare in this day n age.

Also the iphone is a success because its one of the first smartphones around and the brand 'sells' the lack of sd feature doesn't bother the customers they know the deal and they live with it.

But now look at samsung? they have gone the way of the apple.... people are p!ss3d!... no doubt samsung have messed up.

Blackberry will use the sd cards. + SD CARDS ARE CRUCIAL.

The lack of an sd card is pathetic... and beyond me why people seem ok with it.... all those millions of apple users haven't got a clue lol.
    LOL.

Alrighty.

Ask you need to do is convince people that SD cards are crucial, dole out a few more history lessons, and then ensure people realize that BBRY is the real option.

LOL at Samsung "messing up." I wish I had a company that "messed up" as well.

Time will tell. Folks breathed when sealed batteries became more commonplace. Yep, and?

LOL at shocking iPhone users. Keep up the fight. Smartphone shock and awe is always fun.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    04-19-15 04:16 PM
    It's funny you and say that, I was looking into buying the next Microsoft Surface pro 4. It comes with 1TB of memory in a tablet. Soon internal memory is going to be included as over 64 gb

Z10
    I hear ya.

Still like my SD cards though. In fact, on the Android side, the presence might encourage new to go M9 over S6.

Plus, those manufacturers do love to charge a premium for their own built-in memory upgrades...
    04-19-15 04:18 PM
    Finally, someone hits the nail on the head.
    They are selling cloud services!
    04-19-15 04:23 PM
    LOL.

Alrighty.

Ask you need to do is convince people that SD cards are crucial, dole out a few more history lessons, and then ensure people realize that BBRY is the real option.

LOL at Samsung "messing up." I wish I had a company that "messed up" as well.

Time will tell. Folks breathed when sealed batteries became more commonplace. Yep, and?

LOL at shocking iPhone users. Keep up the fight. Smartphone shock and awe is always fun.

I don't need to 'convince' fella,

but you are saying embedded storage is better than sd storage (safe wise?) - keep smoking that pipe son.

Embedded storage is better for speeds but i prefer to be secure and safe also saves a hell of a lot of time when you get a new phone just put the sd card in the new phone...... and the freedom to choose what 'storage' we want.... why would i dole out $$$$$ for a 128GB iphone? which is overprice eye candy toy... while i can get a Galaxy S4? 16gb? or S5? and slap in a 128GB card for half the price? same goes for Blackberry.

As for samsung? of course they messed up... they will no doubt lose a lot of customers due to this 'recent' change not sure why you find that statement hilarious adding a big fat 'LOL' to it..... (glad i made you chuckle though)
    04-19-15 04:24 PM
    I don't need to 'convince' fella,

but you are saying embedded storage is better than sd storage (safe wise?) - keep smoking that pipe son.

Embedded storage is better for speeds but i prefer to be secure and safe also saves a hell of a lot of time when you get a new phone just put the sd card in the new phone...... and the freedom to choose what 'storage' we want.... why would i dole out $$$$$ for a 128GB iphone? which is overprice eye candy toy... while i can get a Galaxy S4? 16gb? or S5? and slap in a 128GB card for half the price? same goes for Blackberry.

As for samsung? of course they messed up... they will no doubt lose a lot of customers due to this 'recent' change not sure why you find that statement hilarious adding a big fat 'LOL' to it..... (glad i made you chuckle though)
    LOL.

You're getting worked up over something the market has already decided. I prefer external add-on storage, but I also believe that enough people don't care to cause a company to suffer for ditching it.

No one is wowed by the fact that you or I have SD cards. No one is gonna give us high fives or invite us to the cool kids table because -- gasp! -- we have all our files locally. In fact, I'd say having all your files locally as your only option is risky.

Samsung will be okay. In any case, there are options for those that think having expandable storage defines responsible smartphone ownership.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-19-15 04:31 PM
    Finally, someone hits the nail on the head.
    Most likely is a factor for Apple, and I suspect those business relationships with cloud storage companies come into play for Android vendors.
    04-19-15 04:34 PM
    LOL.

You're getting worked up over something the market has already decided. I prefer external add-on storage, but I also believe that enough people don't care to cause a company to suffer for ditching it.

No one is wowed by the fact that you or I have SD cards. No one is gonna give us high fives or invite us to the cool kids table because -- gasp! -- we have all our files locally. In fact, I'd say having all your files locally as your only option is risky.

Samsung will be okay. In any case, there are options for those that think having expandable storage defines responsible smartphone ownership.
    Worked up? lmao ok w/e you say.

Why would it be risky? having your files on an sd card or embedded storage is both risky.... but having it on an sd card is more safer than having it built in. in case the phone is 'fked' lol

it's common sense.

Yea you're right 'I'm getting worked up over the whole ordeal' 'ROLLS EYES' i should take a time out lmao.
    04-19-15 05:11 PM
    With the world moving to streaming service, the lack of expandable memory doesn't look like much. I mean, even with 32GB, you can store so many photos, each JPEG photo only takes, what, 3MB? At 4K resolution no less, so it'll still look sharp in that 4K TV your evil twin brother just bought to embarrass you in front of your crush

The problem is that local storage is important for those who download instead of stream. Some people like their contents available offline - I personally modify the ID3 tags of my music collection, which I can't do with streaming service - and the loss of standards-laden MicroSD cards means we have to pay so much more for something we can already do ourselves: add more storage space.

I say, if America suddenly has a problem with Internet connection for an entire week or two, people will quickly realize the importance of local storage

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    04-22-15 04:53 AM
    With the world moving to streaming service, the lack of expandable memory doesn't look like much. I mean, even with 32GB, you can store so many photos, each JPEG photo only takes, what, 3MB? At 4K resolution no less, so it'll still look sharp in that 4K TV your evil twin brother just bought to embarrass you in front of your crush

The problem is that local storage is important for those who download instead of stream. Some people like their contents available offline - I personally modify the ID3 tags of my music collection, which I can't do with streaming service - and the loss of standards-laden MicroSD cards means we have to pay so much more for something we can already do ourselves: add more storage space.

I say, if America suddenly has a problem with Internet connection for an entire week or two, people will quickly realize the importance of local storage

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Exactly. It's sad but it seems that people are all too easily complacent. They need the bad situations to happen before they realize that they need to stop planning for the best situations...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-22-15 06:55 AM
    Just got my PNY 64GB card this week... only paid 25 bucks for it! I have almost 30 gigs on it now, with more to come. I love cheap storage!

I'm gonna eventually get a separate card just for movies...
    04-29-15 09:14 AM
    Just got my PNY 64GB card this week... only paid 25 bucks for it! I have almost 30 gigs on it now, with more to come. I love cheap storage!

I'm gonna eventually get a separate card just for movies...
    Yep, good to see we have that ability. :-)

04-29-15 10:12 AM
    The majority of people I know (almost all) don't care about expandable memory mostly because they really don't know what it is. The big corps like Apple know this, so don't offer it only giving them a few memory options per device that net them more easy profit. If I used expandable memory as a reason why they should consider BlackBerry I would get a blank stare.
    Recently after hearing my gf complain about her company issued Samsung S4 mini slowing I took a peek and realised that her memory was totally full and there was no memory card installed. Not even her company took the time to install a card. She of course had no clue. Issue was solved by installing & transferring to a memory card. She would love to get back a BlackBerry, but I know she still wouldn't put a card in it unless someone told her to.
    All phone memory whether internal or SD should be considered temporary storage. It's fine if you want to keep stuff with you, but anything important whether pics or documents should be backed up or moved somewhere else. Cloud solution simply makes this super easy. I can't tell you how puzzled I get when I hear folks loose their phone and say, "I lost all my photos ". When asked if they had it backed up? Blank stares...
    Even my tech savy friends don't take the time to regularly do backups.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 10:58 AM
    The majority of people I know (almost all) don't care about expandable memory mostly because they really don't know what it is. The big corps like Apple know this, so don't offer it only giving them a few memory options per device that net them more easy profit. If I used expandable memory as a reason why they should consider BlackBerry I would get a blank stare.
    Recently after hearing my gf complain about her company issued Samsung S4 mini slowing I took a peek and realised that her memory was totally full and there was no memory card installed. Not even her company took the time to install a card. She of course had no clue. Issue was solved by installing & transferring to a memory card. She would love to get back a BlackBerry, but I know she still wouldn't put a card in it unless someone told her to.
    All phone memory whether internal or SD should be considered temporary storage. It's fine if you want to keep stuff with you, but anything important whether pics or documents should be backed up or moved somewhere else. Cloud solution simply makes this super easy. I can't tell you how puzzled I get when I hear folks loose their phone and say, "I lost all my photos ". When asked if they had it backed up? Blank stares...
    Even my tech savy friends don't take the time to regularly do backups.

Posted via CB10
    Good for them. I'm not clueless, and like to have expandable memory in addition to cloud storage for automatic backups.

04-29-15 11:27 AM
66 123