I think 32GB internal memory needs become standard. Its starting in some product lines. To me this would be plenty and I think it covers the majority of people as well.
    04-18-15 09:04 PM
    True but one of the most popular phones now, the Samsung Galaxy S5, does have expandable memory, up to 128GB.
    Well, the S5 is "so last year" already. The S6 is out...
    04-18-15 09:16 PM
    Well, the S5 is "so last year" already. The S6 is out...
    LOL ... actually the S6 is *just* out, and the prices are ridiculous so there are HUGE numbers of S5 users.
    04-18-15 09:18 PM
    I think 32GB internal memory needs become standard. Its starting in some product lines. To me this would be plenty and I think it covers the majority of people as well.
    "Plenty" for the "majority" of people doesn't really cut it in my opinion. I've never considered myself part of the "majority" of people in most cases. But not only that, having to transfer that amount of data when you're switching phones is a bit of a hassle (not terribly hard, but still requires either a connection with a PC or patience if doing it from device to device. While with a SD card, you just move the SD card, and you're done...
    04-18-15 09:18 PM
    LOL ... actually the S6 is *just* out, and the prices are ridiculous so there are HUGE numbers of S5 users.
    I know, I said "so last year" in quotes because it's meant with a tad of sarcasm. You might say it's too expensive, but there are plenty of people who really care about what is "so last year." I'm not one of them. But either way, it makes absolutely no sense to look at the present when you talk about technology. If you're not looking three steps ahead, you're already behind.
    04-18-15 09:19 PM
    I know, I said "so last year" in quotes because it's meant with a tad of sarcasm. You might say it's too expensive, but there are plenty of people who really care about what is "so last year." I'm not one of them. But either way, it makes absolutely no sense to look at the present when you talk about technology. If you're not looking three steps ahead, you're already behind.
    I agree. But it's a shame. It's all about market share. I was one of those crazy people who held on to his Betamax machine until it was absolutely impossible to get any more blank cassettes and/or rent any movies in that format. The quality of Beta was always better than VHS - but we all know how that went too.

As an aside, I have an S5 from work (the IT guy looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for a BlackBerry) and I must say it is a very nice phone. But still, nothing compares to the call quality and speakerphone quality of a BB.
    04-18-15 09:35 PM
    I may not need 32GB but I certainly need to be able to transfer that much data quickly when switching devices, even if from iPhone to iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S7 to Galaxy S8

But hey, sheeps will pay premium when there's no other choice, I had to buy PSVITA 64GB memory card because SONY did not provide any other way

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    04-18-15 09:53 PM
    I may not need 32GB but I certainly need to be able to transfer that much data quickly when switching devices, even if from iPhone to iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S7 to Galaxy S8

But hey, sheeps will pay premium when there's no other choice, I had to buy PSVITA 64GB memory card because SONY did not provide any other way

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    I really dislike proprietary anything, unless it's made available for cheap, which it never is...

BTW, I know I've mentioned this before, but that cat is so adorable, lol.
    04-18-15 10:07 PM
    If getting rid of a removable battery and expandable storage is the way to get a premium feeling phone, im all for it. I love the iPhone, HTC One, and the new S6. Not a huge android fan but still. They all feel fantastic in the hand. HTC does have expandable storage, but I've found from working as tech support for a company that rhymes with horizon, that more SD cards end up losing pictures than cloud storage. I use OneDrive myself. But too many SD cards I see go corrupt and people lose stuff.
    Ziffster likes this.
    04-18-15 10:40 PM
    If getting rid of a removable battery and expandable storage is the way to get a premium feeling phone, im all for it. I love the iPhone, HTC One, and the new S6. Not a huge android fan but still. They all feel fantastic in the hand. HTC does have expandable storage, but I've found from working as tech support for a company that rhymes with horizon, that more SD cards end up losing pictures than cloud storage. I use OneDrive myself. But too many SD cards I see go corrupt and people lose stuff.
    Good point with regards to corrupt cards.

I use cloud and my own storage. Heck, I regularly back up my SD card as well to the cloud and personal storage. Triple indemnity LOL.

I'm old school in that I love having an SD card, but will forego one for the right device.
    04-18-15 11:16 PM
    And that's why you use cloud services to BACK UP your data. But don't rely on it, then if you're without network coverage, you lose access to your files, it make no sense. I use cloud services too, but only as a back up and to share. But so far, never lost any data from my sd cards...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-19-15 01:44 AM
    And that's why you use cloud services to BACK UP your data. But don't rely on it, then if you're without network coverage, you lose access to your files, it make no sense. I use cloud services too, but only as a back up and to share. But so far, never lost any data from my sd cards...

I've been with Verizon four years and have never lost coverage. I had AT&T before and would occasionally lose it but I don't leave coverage areas enough that I would be worried about it
    04-19-15 08:52 AM
    I need my 90 GB of music... I absolutely hate feeling cramped. And you should see iPhonians when I tell them that my Classic is a 140 Gb phone!

 Such a Classic!
    04-19-15 08:52 AM
    True but one of the most popular phones now, the Samsung Galaxy S5, does have expandable memory, up to 128GB.
    Yes but its successor, the S6 doesn't. So they've taken it away in their newer phones.
    04-19-15 09:18 AM
    Yes but its successor, the S6 doesn't. So they've taken it away in their newer phones.
    True indeed.
    04-19-15 09:19 AM
    I heard about samsung.... they have killed there customers no doubt.
    (who ever idea it was to drop support of removal bats or sd cards needs to be fired seriously.)

Well done samsung.

(if BB keep with the SD CARD slots then people wil aim for these phones in future...)

if the phone breaks you will lose everything (SD CARD IS CRUCIAL)

SANDISK are going to release a 200gb MicroSDXC soon (i've got it on pre order) and will rock that in my Q10/Passport

SD Cards in phones should always be around... the ability to remove that feature is fking pathetic.

They are selling cloud services!

Posted via CB 10
    You trust your media/photos/music on a cloud service? LOL

2TB really... if the phone support 'SDXC' in theory it can support 2TB (when they make it to that size)

128Gb is now on the market, 200GB is coming out in a few months.
    04-19-15 09:35 AM
    I've been with Verizon four years and have never lost coverage. I had AT&T before and would occasionally lose it but I don't leave coverage areas enough that I would be worried about it
    You're missing out then. I go way out into the Everglades here in South Florida all of the time, no cell phone towers for miles... but even if you don't, you're basically counting on optimal conditions. It's like saying since you've never had a car accident before you don't need to have insurance. Am I the only person who believes in the saying "plan for the worst, hope for the best"?? Lol. If it's possible, at all, for data services to not work, I would not rely solely on it, that's how I am. But that's just me, I know most people are blissfully happy in their complacency, and that's cool too, doesn't affect me. And the way I have my phone set up doesn't inconvenience me at all, so I'm making no sacrifices to achieve it. :-)

04-19-15 10:22 AM
    I heard about samsung.... they have killed there customers no doubt.
    (who ever idea it was to drop support of removal bats or sd cards needs to be fired seriously.)

Well done samsung.

(if BB keep with the SD CARD slots then people wil aim for these phones in future...)

if the phone breaks you will lose everything (SD CARD IS CRUCIAL)

SANDISK are going to release a 200gb MicroSDXC soon (i've got it on pre order) and will rock that in my Q10/Passport

SD Cards in phones should always be around... the ability to remove that feature is fking pathetic.

You trust your media/photos/music on a cloud service? LOL

2TB really... if the phone support 'SDXC' in theory it can support 2TB (when they make it to that size)

128Gb is now on the market, 200GB is coming out in a few months.
    Not necessarily. If SD cards were that much of terminal feature on smartphones, the iPhone wouldn't have done so well.
    04-19-15 12:08 PM
    Not necessarily. If SD cards were that much of terminal feature on smartphones, the iPhone wouldn't have done so well.
    I think it's safe to say the iPhone's success has very little to do with its technical features. More to do with a very well executed aspirational marketing campaign, and a balance of ease of use, limiting of complex features and that 'it does what...Apple has told the mass market a smartphone should be able to do'.

Oh yeah... and also the fact that BlackBerry completely left the door open.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:30 PM
    Eeerrmmm... there are more phone's on the market then Samsh#t and isheep.. what about HTC and Sony and Huawei.. those phones have SD slots...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-19-15 12:36 PM
    I still haven't used up the 32gb internal memory. SD card gone is no big deal for me.
    Try 1080p at 60fps video on Passport and you'll see where 32GB will go!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:18 PM
    Samsung is just a copier started stealing Motorola in 2000 and now ditto copy of Iphone 6. Sad news is we people promoting this copy paste business. Same way korean automobile industry.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:20 PM
    Eeerrmmm... there are more phone's on the market then Samsh#t and isheep.. what about HTC and Sony and Huawei.. those phones have SD slots...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    HTC....Yes!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:25 PM
    It's funny you and say that, I was looking into buying the next Microsoft Surface pro 4. It comes with 1TB of memory in a tablet. Soon internal memory is going to be included as over 64 gb

Z10
    04-19-15 01:37 PM

WRONG.

You need a history lesson.... they didn't want sd cards for many reasons..... search it via google they gave a reason why they didn't include it but we all know the real reason... (making more money with out an sd card slot...)

im rocking a 128GB Blackberry Q10. (soon 200gb when its released)

what about the iphone users? they are shocked and its safe that my files are on my device and can access them without any cloud based bullsh!t. even sd cards are shock proof and water proof (some of them) if you don't have an sd slot.. you are at risk of losing your files if the phone bricks etc. (and sd card removes that worry) - but... sd cards can corrupt.... but that is rare in this day n age.

Also the iphone is a success because its one of the first smartphones around and the brand 'sells' the lack of sd feature doesn't bother the customers they know the deal and they live with it.

But now look at samsung? they have gone the way of the apple.... people are p!ss3d!... no doubt samsung have messed up.

Blackberry will use the sd cards. + SD CARDS ARE CRUCIAL.

The lack of an sd card is pathetic... and beyond me why people seem ok with it.... all those millions of apple users haven't got a clue lol.
    04-19-15 02:43 PM
66 123