So I used to work for Verizon Wireless. So I'm somewhat tech savvy.
    I don't use many apps. Used to use snap chat a lot in college when I was single but I don't anymore. (lol)
    I have XM in the car and use pandora on my phone. (occasionally use Spotify at the gym)

My first smart phone is 2010 was a BOLD 9650. LOVED the keyboard and the notification light.
    Ive had 8 android phones and currently an iPhone 6. (I got rid of the LG G3 because it was too big)
    I hate big phones. The iPhone size is my hand is perfect. And the Classic is similar.

My main questions are.
    If I download a google play app like CHASE BANKING. Will it work?
    How is the browser?
    On my 3G 9650 BOLD it was so slow it was awful. I mainly text and use the web browser. Would this device work okay for me in your opinion?

Just wanting a change I guess. I don't want to switch to android.

Thanks!
    08-09-15 08:26 PM
    The BB10 browser is a huge improvement in terms of speed and usability, you really can't compare it to the older legacy browser anymore. It is not quite as good as two Android browser (Chrome and Samsung) I tried on my Note Edge - but that might also be partly due to the superior hardware of the Note.

You can install Android easily by using the pre-installed Amazon App Store. You can also try downloading. apk files directly and install them on the device. There are other ways too: A way to install the Google Play Store on the Classic is available, there is also a native 3rd party client called Snap.
    The most important thing you need to know regarding Android apps on BB10 is the fact Google Play Services aren't supported. If an app requires them, you are more or less out of luck. I've read there are ways to patch some apps, but it doesn't always work.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:39 PM
    The BB10 browser is a huge improvement in terms of speed and usability, you really can't compare it to the older legacy browser anymore. It is not quite as good as two Android browser (Chrome and Samsung) I tried on my Note Edge - but that might also be partly due to the superior hardware of the Note.

You can install Android easily by using the pre-installed Amazon App Store. You can also try downloading. apk files directly and install them on the device. There are other ways too: A way to install the Google Play Store on the Classic is available, there is also a native 3rd party client called Snap.
    The most important thing you need to know regarding Android apps on BB10 is the fact Google Play Services aren't supported. If an app requires them, you are more or less out of luck. I've read there are ways to patch some apps, but it doesn't always work.

Posted via CB10
    thank you!
    Ive done some googling!
    Is there a list of android apps that do work? Im just trying to decide. I would greatly miss iMessage but they would just appear as txt messages now. lol
    08-09-15 08:46 PM
    I just hope if I decided to get one I don't have the double typing issues. That would suck
    08-09-15 08:53 PM
    I recently just switched from an iPhone 6 to a BlackBerry Classic and I'm really happy with my decision. I loved my BlackBerry 9650 but it was so slow. The classic is everything I loved about my BlackBerry 9650 but now with modern capability. The screen size is perfect, the Web browser is really fast, and the keyboard is amazing.

As far as apps: I use the many of the apps you mentioned. Both Chase and Spotify work great for me!, though spotify can lag a little at time but definitely usable.

Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_215631.png
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_220022.png
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_220039.png

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:01 PM
    I recently just switched from an iPhone 6 to a BlackBerry Classic and I'm really happy with my decision. I loved my BlackBerry 9650 but it was so slow. The classic is everything I loved about my BlackBerry 9650 but now with modern capability. The screen size is perfect, the Web browser is really fast, and the keyboard is amazing.

As far as apps: I use the many of the apps you mentioned. Both Chase and Spotify work great for me!, though spotify can lag a little at time but definitely usable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150809_215631.png 
Views:	1866 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	366113

Name:	IMG_20150809_220022.png 
Views:	1866 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	366114

Name:	IMG_20150809_220039.png 
Views:	1870 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	366115

Posted via CB10
    you seem young like me. Im 22 turing 23 on Thursday. What made you switch? Are you happy? lol
    08-09-15 09:10 PM
    you seem young like me. Im 22 turing 23 on Thursday. What made you switch? Are you happy? lol
    I knew the BlackBerry Classic wasn't designed with someone younger like myself (I'm 26). That being said, I'm not app crazy and I knew I always loved my BlackBerry keyboard and missed the tactile feedback. The few apps that I do use daily the classic has: Twitter (I use Blaq for BB10 client), Instagram, Guardian News App, Spotify, Starbucks, TD Bank, Wells Fargo, Chase and Yelp.

There are some minor sacrifices, some of the android apps work flawlessly and others can be sluggish. Most of the android apps I've used came from the amazon app store, and the rest I've got from ApkMirror.com.

But the main reason, I switched was for the keyboard! I love it. And the trackpad has been surprisingly useful. Both of these features make the BlackBerry Classic an amazing communication device.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Hope this helps a little

Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_222508.png
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_222513.png
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_222527.png
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_222335.png
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150809_222351.png

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:26 PM
    it does help! Thank you.
    The older I get the less apps I seem to use. I need FB, IG, a lot of banking apps, an app to check the weather, and thats it.

On my iPhone 6 i literally only have like 30 apps today and don't use most of them daily. If Im at home I'm on my 12' MacBook. I recently sold my iPad Air because my Macbook does everything better than my iPad. I might order a new one on eBay. Seems like the best place to get one for the price.
    08-09-15 09:40 PM
    it does help! Thank you.
    The older I get the less apps I seem to use. I need FB, IG, a lot of banking apps, an app to check the weather, and thats it.

On my iPhone 6 i literally only have like 30 apps today and don't use most of them daily. If Im at home I'm on my 12' MacBook. I recently sold my iPad Air because my Macbook does everything better than my iPad. I might order a new one on eBay. Seems like the best place to get one for the price.
    My teen daughter has the LG G3 and doesn't have a lot of apps too. She looked at my Classic and was like why do u have so many apps? Lol. My son has a Z10 and minimal apps too. I will be getting an Android tablet for us to share for games etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:52 PM
    it does help! Thank you.

I had a similar issue with my iphone 6. I had so many apps and never used any of them. My phone was cluttered with useless apps and notifications. I couldn't keep up properly with texts and emails. The BlackBerry Classic having a unified "Hub" helped me finally stay on top of emails and texts.

As far as the banking apps here is what I can vouch for that works:
    Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150810_075454.png

And I use the stock weather app:

Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150810_075754.png

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:58 AM
    I had a similar issue with my iphone 6. I had so many apps and never used any of them. My phone was cluttered with useless apps and notifications. I couldn't keep up properly with texts and emails. The BlackBerry Classic having a unified "Hub" helped me finally stay on top of emails and texts.

As far as the banking apps here is what I can vouch for that works:

Name:	IMG_20150810_075454.png 
Views:	927 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	366170

And I use the stock weather app:

Name:	IMG_20150810_075754.png 
Views:	926 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	366171

Posted via CB10
    Update!
    I called around to my local Verizon stores and they do not have any at all. They could order me one.
    I was much more expensive but I would have the ability to return it if need be but its not an option.

I found a brand new one on eBay, I just purchased it. If I hate it I can always try to sell it online to recoup some of my money.

I know Ill love the notification light and hope the android apps work okay. I know it won't be as fast as my iPhone but I hope its decent and doesn't bother me too much.

Thanks for the tips!
    08-10-15 07:43 PM
    Good luck with your new classic once it comes in! I bet you will love it, I just came over from an iphone 6 plus and haven't looked back since! I downloaded a bunch of apps that I used on my iphone using cobalts method (you can search it on here, it's really simple to do and gets you access to almost the whole goodle play store). I've attached pictures of all the apps I've gotten, they all work very well other than a little lag here and there but nothing bad!

Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150810_204746.png

Looking to switch to a Classic-img_20150810_204743.png

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 07:51 PM
    Good luck with your new classic once it comes in! I bet you will love it, I just came over from an iphone 6 plus and haven't looked back since! I downloaded a bunch of apps that I used on my iphone using cobalts method (you can search it on here, it's really simple to do and gets you access to almost the whole goodle play store). I've attached pictures of all the apps I've gotten, they all work very well other than a little lag here and there but nothing bad!

Name:	IMG_20150810_204746.png 
Views:	676 
Size:	324.0 KB 
ID:	366304

Name:	IMG_20150810_204743.png 
Views:	676 
Size:	298.3 KB 
ID:	366305

Posted via CB10
    Thats awesome to hear!
    Glad to see most of the apps I need are working correctly.
    I think this will be the first phone I use naked. I can't find a case I like. As long as I don't have the DT issue I think all will be good. And if the browser is fine I will be a happy camper
    08-10-15 08:45 PM
    well that lasted a whole 48 hours.
    It wasn't for me Lesson learned. the apps wasn't the issues its just super slow at everything it did.
    Beautiful device but not for me.

Thanks for all the tips!
    You never know unless you try!
    08-17-15 12:17 PM
    well that lasted a whole 48 hours.
    It wasn't for me Lesson learned. the apps wasn't the issues its just super slow at everything it did.
    Beautiful device but not for me.

Thanks for all the tips!
    You never know unless you try!
    I switched from the classic to the z30, couldn't get use to the manual keys after typing on glass .
    08-17-15 01:54 PM
    I came from a LG g3 to the classic and I love it

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:02 PM
    Another case of bad experience because the first thing he did was load Google Play and all the apps that he had on an Android.

Don't load Gplay enjoy the native apps first. If it doesn't load via Amazon or Snap look for ones that will.

The Classic does not have the CPU to perform without lag.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1033336
    08-18-15 05:46 AM
    I ended up getting the new note 5. Very happy with my decision. My iPhone is now on ebay

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-15 03:44 PM
    I ended up getting the new note 5. Very happy with my decision. My iPhone is now on ebay

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well good luck with the Note 5

To bad you had a bad experience with the Classic. It took me over a month to get use to the BB10 OS and that was without loading Google Play.

Some of the BlackBerry community love the brand so much they look past the flaws.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:11 PM