Hi all been really missing the keyboard am looking to get a Classic.

Quick question please, is your latest OS the 10.3.3.1463, and do you have any issues in BBLink in backup? Any other notable issues ?

Also, is Q20 the same as Classic?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 12:37 AM
    I don't use Link, but it does work with Windows 10.

Q20 was a name given to the Classic very early on.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 05:50 AM
    Thanks.

Anyone? What is the backup alternative for the Classic if version 1463 does not work with the Link?

This is the issue am working on right now with the Z30; thinking this is the chance to migrate back to the real keyword.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 02:51 PM
    In my opinion, your best bet is to stick with the latest software version you can get OTA (over the air, ie, the latest version you can download when selecting Software Updates on your phone). It will be the most stable.

Many will disagree with me but I prefer a hassle free experience and not having to constantly tinker with my phone.

10.3.2.xxxx is the most stable I've found. 10.3.3 is a minor update that doesn't add any new features. So if your Classic has 10.3.2 out of the box, leave it alone and enjoy your cool BlackBerry phone.

Here's all that10.3.3 adds over 3.2...

Security improvements
    Bug fixes with Android Runtime
    Phishing protection in the browser
    NIAP security certification, certifying government grade security.
    "Download complete" notifications are now pushed by the browser in the status bar and Hub.

(source - Wikipedia)

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 10:33 PM
    If you lookup 10.3.3.1463 (release) on this site you'll see the full compliment of changes, there are a lot more. I just updated OTA to this from 10.3.2 on my Z30 and it is incredibly solid, even wifi-calling not only works it is the most stable I've had. BBlink in Win10 has NOT worked for me in quite a while. Blend, however, works fine. This is no exception. But it seems others are having no issues. I'm seriously considering updating one of our classics to this to see how it work.

Also, the radio is excellent.

Read this: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...elist-1093916/
    Last edited by scrannel; 06-04-17 at 08:45 AM.
    06-04-17 07:59 AM
    ...BBlink in Win10 has NOT worked for me in quite a while. Blend, however, works fine. This is no exception. ...[/url]
    Thanks, if you don't mind sharing further, how do you backup? Blend cannot do that can it? Blend is more of a file mgr for photos and external documents, right? Some of the data within a native apps have no external access.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 09:19 AM
    If you lookup 10.3.3.1463 (release) on this site you'll see the full compliment of changes, there are a lot more. I just updated OTA to this from 10.3.2 on my Z30 and it is incredibly solid, even wifi-calling not only works it is the most stable I've had. BBlink in Win10 has NOT worked for me in quite a while. Blend, however, works fine. This is no exception. But it seems others are having no issues. I'm seriously considering updating one of our classics to this to see how it work.

Also, the radio is excellent.

Read this: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...elist-1093916/
    The Problems list is as long as the Changelog...hihi

No thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 11:06 AM
    Thanks, if you don't mind sharing further, how do you backup? Blend cannot do that can it? Blend is more of a file mgr for photos and external documents, right? Some of the data within a native apps have no external access.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    Well... that being said, just solved the BBLink issue. The problem is... an iTunes file. Go here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12814195
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-04-17 11:07 AM